sleep study - alpha intrusions.

[sc...]

Hi all

Ive been off for nearly 20mths now and sleep is still a struggle.

I have the early wake up issue anywherw from 230 to 4am that isnt uncommon here. i usually get 5 hrs tho and im thankful for that. Especially after seeing what others endure.

The good news is all the inner vibes and waking up gasping/choking/panicking is gone now.

Recently had a sleep study that showed alpha wave intrusions in my brain keeping me from good deep sleep. Prob still a hangover from the xanxs i think. Nice to know its actually something that can be measured and not just another "imaginary" thing.

Lots of relaxation techniques to work on. Im starting hypnotherapy to relax as well. Ill keep u updated on how it all works.

hey - this is good information for you to have-  about the alpha intrusion because you can download theta brain training files which will help balance out the over dominance of alpha.  this could really help you out - i would look into it.  there are websites like brain sync.com  and others and i suspect you can probably find free theta wave files on youtube and other sites as well .  i listen to a theta wave file every night to get my brain ready for sleep and then use a delta wave file which is for sleep.  my brain wasnt able to go into delta because i had too much alpha so the theta file first gets me ready to go into sleep mode

Thanks heaps for this info. Im one step away from getting Amiltriptylene to help me out. Really dont wanna use drugs but after CT 20mths ago its getting so frustrating.

Ill give the theta tunes a go ronight for sure.

thanks again