Over 3 weeks now .. burning in upper body, confusion, lethargy, etc..

[On...]

I don’t know how this could be a benzo kindling..

My Central nervous feels fried.. it’s a painful parasthesia. My upper body..

Started with my right hand, then felt like it was moving up my arm then a few days later across my chest and now down my right arm so that painful pins and needles are covering my upper body.. sometimes my face burns and I get a strange moving headache, and with the headache I feel a stupor.... my mornings are dizzy and pain.. I feel weak in my legs.. it’s hell. Pure hell. It’s 23 days since my last benzo in the psych ward.. I don’t know how this is going to play out but I feel progressively more confused and more pain everyday.. any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

I am so sorry you are suffering.  :(

You did not have a taper to speak of so you are probably in the midst of acute WD. I was CT’d years ago in a treatment center and I remember every one around me coming off alcohol, herion, meth, pain pills all getting better as I got worse.

I don’t call it  “benzo hell” for no reason.

Just remember you have all of us pulling for you just as you are  pulling for us —

TIME is  thing that will heal us.

Try and find something to do to make the time go faster. Distraction – watch TV, go wash your car, take a short walk, do the dishes, anything just do something. My 2 cents ( mainly to let you know that I feel for you)

I feel your pain Dude. It's awful, I know.  Ouch, double ouch!

Sounds like acute to me though I am definitely no expert.  All I do is FEEL it.  I'd continue if it is bearable and by reminding yourself that it will eventually pass and from what I've learned here.    Difficult I know and who am I to say, frightened wimp that I am.  :-\

How are you today Dude?  I hope improving. 

Dee  :smitten:

Everyday my parasthesia and pain increase. Especially in the morning. My hands arms and legs have pins and needles and burning pain. I don’t think this is benzo related but maybe the benzos were covering it up.. I was living overseas and smoking a lot of marijuana, started having paranoia and anxiety so I returned home. Went to get Xanax but as you see I only took it for 5 weeks and was tapering for 3 of the 5... I’m just in a hell.

• 2 weeks later...
Nobody thinks it's the benzos. It usually is. Not always (go to dr if you are worried) but you will likely be surprised at the shit show that is benzo withdrawal.