Three (3) Years Completely Off

[K-...]

Today marks 3 years completely off Klonopin.  This follows a 10-month liquid taper, which followed a 21-year period of regular use.  Three years out, and I still have a lot of withdrawal symptoms 24/7, but my withdrawal symptoms today are much more manageable than they were during the early part of my taper and as recent as this time last year when I had only 2 years completely off.

A few important details:

-I am still 100% free of anxiety. 

-I continue to live a life virtually free of irrational fear.

-My eye contact has improved by leaps and bounds. 

-I now walk down busy streets with my head up, looking forward and even locking eyes with some oncomers.

-I initiate conversations with classmates and others.

-I can eat in front of others.

-I am now under 4 months away from completing grad school

-I returned to grad school approximately 3 years ago.  During the last 4 semesters, I have missed zero classes.  This means no absences.

Physical pain and soreness remain issues but are a lot less than the early part of my taper and as recent as this time last year.  During the last 12 months, I have completely focused on my recovery with regards to the withdrawal symptoms that are caused by the amygdala being affected and over-active. 

Keep moving forward.  Thank you.

Hi K,

That's wonderful news, thank you for giving us an update. I've been suffering from extreme anxiety/agoraphobia, just wanted to know when it lifted for you?

"...During the last 12 months, I have completely focused on my recovery with regards to the withdrawal symptoms that are caused by the amygdala being affected and over-active..."

I'd love to know what that means.

Thank you and well done ;):thumbsup:

[17...]

K-oss,

Thank you so much for this extremely hopeful update. My respect to you for everything you're achieving. Way to go!

I love what you wrote in your signature, and the fact that you're not one of the 'time will take care of everything' brigade. I fully agree with your proactive approach. I hope you can update us again, also on your nutritional strategies.

Thank you again and huge congratulations!

Lara