Pills to liquid causing problems

[ch...]

Tried making my own liquid valium with water a while back because pills are getting too small to cut dosage. Two nights, in, after bad sleep disturbance and increasing morning anxiety, went back to pills which fixed the problems. Trying again using 1/1 pharmacy formula, by taking a 2 mg pill and 1.4 liquid hoping to ease into it but same thing is happening. I only have 5 pills left. Anyone advise me on how long before I adjust or can some people just not tolerate liquid?

Tried making my own liquid valium with water a while back because pills are getting too small to cut dosage. Two nights, in, after bad sleep disturbance and increasing morning anxiety, went back to pills which fixed the problems. Trying again using 1/1 pharmacy formula, by taking a 2 mg pill and 1.4 liquid hoping to ease into it but same thing is happening. I only have 5 pills left. Anyone advise me on how long before I adjust or can some people just not tolerate liquid?

Specifically how are you making your 1/1 liquid?

Oh, ok...so your dosing 3.4mgs a day? What exactly are you feeling?

Some people can't tolerate the pharma liquid. The Pharma liquid I tried had Propylene Glycol in it & I am sensitive to PG. That is why I made my own using ethanol & Ora Plus. The Ora-plus did not both me.

Some people can't tolerate the pharma liquid. The Pharma liquid I tried had Propylene Glycol in it & I am sensitive to PG. That is why I made my own using ethanol & Ora Plus. The Ora-plus did not both me.

Ok, this is a good topic because I have tried the phar supplied liquid V by mixing it in water and milk and can not tolerate it also. 

Ok, this is a good topic because I have tried the phar supplied liquid V by mixing it in water and milk and can not tolerate it also.

caltn GI issues? Anything else?

A pharmaceutical prepared solution/suspension is engineered to evenly disperse the medication through out the entire preparation. It may not be advisable to alter this pharmaceutical preparation due to the fact the composition will change & then may render the solution/suspension unstable. Many here alter these preparations all the time with no issues. So I guess this is an individual thing. What works for one may not work for another.

No GI issues

My best guess with what you describe symptom wise would be the difference in accuracy cutting tablets verses liquid. When you cut a tablet (unless you weight it) it may vary where as the liquid (when measured properly) tends to be more accurate. Maybe just hold at your current dose awhile longer & see how you feel.  :thumbsup:

A pharmaceutical prepared solution/suspension is engineered to evenly disperse the medication through out the entire preparation. It may not be advisable to alter this pharmaceutical preparation due to the fact the composition will change & then may render the solution/suspension unstable. Many here alter these preparations all the time with no issues. So I guess this is an individual thing. What works for one may not work for another.

[/quote

GI issues, muscle twitching, nausea, anxiety, headaches. When I first switched it was like I shot in into my  veins, instant shaking and extreme nausea after the 5 or 6th day.

So should I use my last 5 pills and just switch to liquid or get more pills?

That would be totally up to you. What worked for me was to do combo pills & liquid.

Here is an example of what I did from 3.4mg using 1:1 (1ml=1mg) liquid reducing 5% in 14 days:

Am Dose                    Pm Dose

Day1    1.40ml liq  V              2mg tab V

Day2    1.39ml liq  V              2mg tab V

Day3    1.38ml liq  V              2mg tab V

Day4    1.37ml liq  V              2mg tab V

Day5    1.36ml liq  V              2mg tab V

etc.

[/quote

GI issues, muscle twitching, nausea, anxiety, headaches. When I first switched it was like I shot in into my  veins, instant shaking and extreme nausea after the 5 or 6th day.

Sorry to hear this caltn-

So what exactly are you doing now?

[/quote

Sorry to hear this caltn-

So what exactly are you doing now?

I actually  managed to reduce my dose from 3.4 to 3 on the liquid. I am now using a 2 mg pill in the morning and tapering 1 mg liquid V mixed with milk in the afternoon.  Currently at 2.9 mg total.

Experiencing some nausea, mild headaches, some floaty boatly ( off balance ), mild anxiety

caltn-

What specifically is your formula & taper rate?

The chills & ringing, floaty boatly ( off balance ), mild anxiety are typical withdrawal symptoms. They can increase sometimes if one tapers to quickly tho.

caltn-

The chills & ringing, floaty boatly ( off balance ), mild anxiety are typical withdrawal symptoms. They can increase sometimes if one tapers to quickly tho.

I mix my 1mg in 100 ml of milk and reduce .02 daily

I would stick with that then. I thought you dosed twice because of cutting the tablets.

Pm Dose

Day1    1.40ml liq  V              2mg tab V

Day2    1.39ml liq  V              2mg tab V

Day3    1.38ml liq  V              2mg tab V

Day4    1.37ml liq  V              2mg tab V

Day5    1.36ml liq  V              2mg tab V

etc.

caltn-

So your formula is 1:100 (1mg=100ml ;1ml =.01mg) You reduce 2ml a day? (.02mg)? That is well over the 10% recommended taper rate. This may be why you are having symptoms.

10% of 1mg=.10; .10/14days=.007 reduction per day

Bella

How long after I finish my taper will I still have sxs, 6 months?

That is hard to say. It varies individually.

caltn-

So your formula is 1:100 (1mg=100ml ;1ml =.01mg) You reduce 2ml a day? (.02mg)? That is well over the 10% recommended taper rate. This may be why you are having symptoms.

10% of 1mg=.10; .10/14days=.007 reduction per day

Bella

How long after I finish my taper will I still have sxs, 6 months?

That is hard to say. It varies individually.

Yes that is correct, I reduce 2ml per day.... yikes. I wasn't aware that was over the 10%.  Thanks for setting me straight...