5 is a nice number

[Sa...]

5 hours seems to be the magic number to me.

I've resigned myself to the fact that 5 hours with a vivid TV miniseries is good as it gets for now.

Even when I took 10 mg ambien and 2mg ativan before bed i could only sleep 5 hours. This has been  going on for a couple years.

Now i take 10 mg ambien, 0.5ativan at night. Same thing 5 hours with crazy dreams or up every 2 hours, like on the nose.

Its like theres a mini alarm clock in your head with the snooze set at 2 hours.

Sometimes i think its just me cruising through my 40s and its a coincidence.

Thankful i can get out of bed on my own two feet in the morning and go to work.

Hi, that seems to be my Magic Number also, but I have accepted it, and now I am having dreams again and my sleep is deep. I had terrible sleep the first two tapers, so this is welcomed and I fully accept it as the "Process of Healing" of my sleep center in my Brain,  and I can function in life. I have found the more you worry about something, it grabs you and makes things worse than they are. I know that in time everything will level out, and I have chosen Patience about things I can not control. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

I completely agree, acceptance is key, if you don't fight it,  its better. Each taper is tough for sleep, but it is what it is.

It would be cool to get a sleep study done and see for real exactly how much what kind of sleep Im actually getting. Knowledge is power, right?

I completely agree, acceptance is key, if you don't fight it,  its better. Each taper is tough for sleep, but it is what it is.

It would be cool to get a sleep study done and see for real exactly how much what kind of sleep Im actually getting. Knowledge is power, right?

I think those new wristwatches Fit-bit has a sleep monitor. But I am prone for me, just to go with the flow of things, it will work when it does and not until. I like the quote "What you Resist Persists", so like you said it is what it is.  :smitten:

I wish that Buddies would just get over the Fitbit fixation. It is just of form of sleep obsession which we all know is counter-productive to sleep. The only thing that counts is how well or bad we feel the next morning and not a device's interpretation of our night's sleep.

Morning Sally, how is it going for you? You have the right attitude about things and it will serve you well, keeping ones own counsel is hard at times but we have choices and we can decide what is best for us. Have a nice day. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

I wish that Buddies would just get over the Fitbit fixation. It is just of form of sleep obsession which we all know is counter-productive to sleep. The only thing that counts is how well or bad we feel the next morning and not a device's interpretation of our night's sleep.

sometimes its nice to know you got some quality sleep at least though,I have the Alta hr and it keeps track of rem and deep,although I agree its best not to obsess over the numbers

Sleep is my no 1 prob...    had it prior to taking benzos.

Neuro offered me take home sleep test, but you have to wire yourself up and put somrthing up your nose (I think it is primarily an apnea test altho I do not have apnea and would not mind the test but I don't see how I'd sleep with something that has two elastic bands across your body,  electrodes and a computer on and around your head, a thing that goes in your nose, a thing that goes on your finger (oxygen sensor?), etc.)

I could take a pill and sleep, maybe...  ;O

Morning Sally, how is it going for you? You have the right attitude about things and it will serve you well, keeping ones own counsel is hard at times but we have choices and we can decide what is best for us. Have a nice day. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Begood thanks for asking, Its actually been going good for 4 days, I've been sleeping about 7 hours straight a night! It's like winning a prize when I wake up and see the clock in the morning.

I dont know why it's happening but I'm glad it is.

Sleep is my no 1 prob...    had it prior to taking benzos.

Neuro offered me take home sleep test, but you have to wire yourself up and put somrthing up your nose (I think it is primarily an apnea test altho I do not have apnea and would not mind the test but I don't see how I'd sleep with something that has two elastic bands across your body,  electrodes and a computer on and around your head, a thing that goes in your nose, a thing that goes on your finger (oxygen sensor?), etc.)

I could take a pill and sleep, maybe...  ;O

Is it the falling asleep or staying asleep? Mine is staying asleep and also waking up 2 hours before my alarm goes off, but for four  days hasn't happened.

Begood thanks for asking, Its actually been going good for 4 days, I've been sleeping about 7 hours straight a night! It's like winning a prize when I wake up and see the clock in the morning.

I dont know why it's happening but I'm glad it is.

Great news 7 hours, is a good amt of sleep, it may be that your Brain is catching up and the sleep center is calmer now. No change with me, but it is OK, I am sleeping and do not feel sluggish, or anything I know that repairing of our Precious Brain takes time. Have a nice day.🕊 Peace. :smitten: