Laura Delano

[...]

She's done and is doing a lot of good work.  I see she and co-founders have just launched a new initiative -The Inner Compass Initiative and their first major effort, called The Withdrawal Project.  We can read about here on her website:  http://recoveringfrompsychiatry.com/

I'm glad you brought her up.  I didn't know about these new projects, though I'd just been on her site last week.

[fa...]

I first 'met' Laura when she was interviewed by holistic women's psychiatrist Dr Kelly Brogan a few months ago.

Several years ago, Laura came off 5 psych drugs (including Ativan) over a period of less than 6 months, if I remember correctly. She'd read Robert Whitaker's Anatomy of an Epidemic and had decided she wanted off... She went through a very difficult withdrawal which lasted a few years. She's now completely recovered, and supports and advises others through psych-med withdrawal.

My impression of her was that she's very knowledgeable, proactive, kind and compassionate. I was really impressed. You can watch her story here:

I didn't know about the new project, however. Wonderful, validating news! Thank you for posting!

Lara

Yes, she got trapped by the system in her teens, and didn't really escape it until her early thirties, I think. I think ativan came towards the end. She had a bit of a different path. First it was bipolar meds, then Seroquel, then drinking, then ativan. Drinking was secondary, because she was so depressed on Rx pills and thought she'd rather be called an alcoholic than be a slave to the pills. She talks about it on her web site. But then she quit drinking and pills. Wouldn't really recommend her way of quitting (cold turkey). Too much evidence against it. Funny, but she stopped ativan before I started taking it....

[fa...]

LorazepamFree,

I agree with you about the CT, but note that Laura definitely does not advocate it either. As is the case with many of us, she learnt the hard way, and became more knowledgeable with time and experience. She really did go through hell herself, so she's in a great position to raise awareness regarding these drugs, and to support others with true understanding...

I recall finding her site sometime back in 2016. I think it has been around for a while. I think people stumble upon it one way or the other.