Need help with Clonazepam to Valium crossover

[pd...]

Hi Benzo Buddies,

I'm currently looking into crossing over from Rivotril (Clonazepam) to Valium. I'm at a dose of 0.5 mg of Clonazepam that I take once a day in the morning, along with 7.5 mg of escitalopram. I was wondering if someone could help me with the crossover, and if I should start splitting my doses.

Thanks!

Hi pdp1987=

If you have been doing ok taking your dose one time a day I would try to stay with that. If you are crossing over to Valium dosing 1x a day  may work well for you due to the half life being longer than the clonazepam & dosing may also be easier as you get down with your dosage level.

Here is a link for Ashton crossover schedules (#6 is the Clonazepam):

Cross Over Schedules

Hi Benzo Buddies,

I'm currently looking into crossing over from Rivotril (Clonazepam) to Valium. I'm at a dose of 0.5 mg of Clonazepam that I take once a day in the morning, along with 7.5 mg of escitalopram. I was wondering if someone could help me with the crossover, and if I should start splitting my doses.

Thanks!

Hi, I went from 3mg clonazepam daily to zero in 3 months 16 days. So you can do it. Just follow the manual.

• 3 weeks later...

Pablo,

You don't need to use Valium. Clonazepam has a long half life, making it a good choice to taper from. Benzos like Xanax and ativan are short acting which can make tapering more difficult, so sometimes it's recommended to cross over to Clonazepam or valium. I think you will do fine sticking with Clon. Try not to overthink it!  ;)

:smitten:

Exactly what eljay says.  I would not switch and I do understand the desire to want too.  I also asked my Dr about switching when I got real low in my taper.  She advised against this and it can make matters so much worse.

She did prescribe Lexapro to me to help with all this and it is working so well.  I will soon attempt a Slow taper and pray I am successful this time.

Good luck to you  :thumbsup: