need help ,need advice!!ativan short term

[ki...]

please someone help with titration schedule, im using whole milk . im using 60ml of milk and i was pulling 1ml of milk each day  and im holding at 6ml and im having interdose wd. i need advice what i can do, my balance is off and i feel bad.so right now im at .45 . what should i do? finish tapper or switch? switch to water. i need help my doctor dont understand i have no support at all

please someone help with titration schedule, im using whole milk . im using 60ml of milk and i was pulling 1ml of milk each day  and im holding at 6ml and im having interdose wd. i need advice what i can do, my balance is off and i feel bad.so right now im at .45 . what should i do? finish tapper or switch? switch to water. i need help my doctor dont understand i have no support at all

Hi there-

You could try holding at that dose & see if holding your dose helps. Or you can ask your doctor to cross you over. I responded to you over here too:

Substitution Taper Plans

Hi kinipelaiam,

Other members will need more information, so if you could add a 'signature' (pertinent benzodiazepine dose/taper history) we'll be better able to answer your questions.

Go up to Profile, choose Forum Profile from the dropdown menu and fill in the text box with this information, click Change Profile to save the changes.

Thanks!

Challis

Hi kinipelaiam,

Other members will need more information, so if you could add a 'signature' (pertinent benzodiazepine dose/taper history) we'll be better able to answer your questions.

Go up to Profile, choose Forum Profile from the dropdown menu and fill in the text box with this information, click Change Profile to save the changes.

Thanks!

Challis

We need to kmow your benzo, your dose, brief history of use and taper, etc.

i got on ativan because i told my doctor icouldnt sleep, i never knew it was addicting so i took it. 0.5 mg every 12 hours . started november 1 and i felt weird and off so i decided without even knwing about tappering to cut one of the pill in half then i cut the pill in quarters every 2 weeks. no that much wd. so when i tried to cut the last pill next day i had afull blown panic attack followed by anxiety attacks everytime i stood up so i went back to 0.5 the next day. then i waited 2 weeks to start titration with milk and ive been pulling everyday 1ml of milk and when i got to 8ml i felt weird so i went back to 6ml a day and ive had wd, feeling weird and off balance. anxiety in the morning and when i go out. i feel unstable, so i dont know if i should go back to taking the pill or just keep holding. or add more milk.

If you started taking the Ativan in November of 2017, it's probably best not to stretch this taper out.  .5mg of Ativan is a low dose and in your situation, I'd dry cut rather than titrate so slowly.

If it were me, I'd cut the .5 tablet in fourths, toss a fourth and take the rest of the tablet.  I'd wait about five days and cut another 1/4th off the dose and continue in this way until I got to the last quarter and then stop taking it completely.  The longer you're on it, the deeper the dependency. 

I would expect to have some symptoms, but I'd look for other ways to cope than going back on a benzodiazepine.

maybe i did it wrong or something i cut the tablet last month and i felt it. is it normal to have panic attacks like that?

how do i go back from liquid to cutting? and i was taking .25 in the morning and .25 in the night . how do i make them even?

you dont think i should substitute?

maybe i did it wrong or something i cut the tablet last month and i felt it. is it normal to have panic attacks like that?

how do i go back from liquid to cutting? and i was taking .25 in the morning and .25 in the night . how do i make them even?

you dont think i should substitute?

It's normal and even expected to feel symptomatic when cutting back, even with short term use.  Panic attacks are highly elevated anxiety, and anxiety is probably the most common symptom in withdrawal from a benzodiazepine. 

If you're at .45mg now, I would go back to .25mg twice a day as before and in a couple of days I'd break one of the doses in half and throw away  one of the halves.  I'd wait another few days and cut the other dose in half, wait a few days and drop one of the two daily doses, then a few more days drop the other dose.

Just my opinion.  And no, under these circumstances I wouldn't complicate things by crossing to a long-acting benzodiazepine. 

thank you..do you know alot of people who did this without serious symptoms? im so nervous. so i dont wait 2 weeks or so each cut? i can tell im really dependent already. thats why i did titration but its not working out.

Many people, especially those who are on their first use of a benzodiazepine, have few symptoms.  Repeated courses can be more difficult to taper.  Is this your first time taking a benzodiazepine?

Ativan is short-acting, so it's probably not necessary to wait a full two weeks between cuts.  I tapered Xanax, which is also short-acting and could cut every 5 days.  Once any increases in symptoms have subsided, it's doable to cut again.

yes i never ever ever took or even known about any of these pills. i never took pills. i heard xanax is the worsrt to get off . your strong. how long did it take you? are you healed? any tips? do i need a gram scale ?what was your worst symptomss?

I tapered for nine months and yes, I'm pretty much healed, even after long term use.  My worst symptoms were anxiety and insomnia, but I had many, many other symptoms.

I don't think you need a gram scale.  I would cut the pills with a razor knife.