Cross to Valium due to better sedation???

[fe...]

Hello Everyone.  Saw my PDoc today as I am having wicked insomnia at the level of Clonazepam I am at which is approx. .25.  It seem no matter how slow I go from that .375 mark...my brain just won't sleep.  Doc suggested crossing over to Diazepam as is faster acting and more sedating than the benzo I am on.  Not sure what I will do but I am very tempted to go with his suggestion.  Thoughts?  Have other done this cross over and found it better for sleep.

I just can't complete this if sleep goes out the window no matter what I do and other meds help none for this issue.  Thanks!! :-)

Seriously calling my Pdoc today to try the substation as it may help me get some sleep too.  Anyone have any thoughts on this...is valium more sedating than Klonopin (clonazepam).  Experiences??  I would be very grateful for any help. Thank you.

It is more sedating however What would be your dose equivalent.? Anything below 2mg V is “ non therapeutic “

I am currently on 5mg V and I sleep but not like deep or as long ( use a fitbit to track my sleep)

Thanks Cliffdweller My full equivalency would be around 7.00 mgs with a full substitution.  Did you cross over.  If so how did that go for you??  Gratitude for the reply.

Thanks Cliffdweller My full equivalency would be around 7.00 mgs with a full substitution.  Did you cross over.  If so how did that go for you??  Gratitude for the reply.

My first taper I was on 8! Mg of K- I did the Ashton taper exactly as she outlined it

It was hard but doable and when I jumped I healed rapidly.

With a crossover to 7 it should go easier for you because of your lower  dose.

Ashton says reduce 1Mg every 1 to 2 weeks- I usually did 1 week cuts

I jumped off at 1

( when done get rid of left over pills so you don’t get tempted to go back on!)