Need help to start tapering Clonazepam with water titration

[pd...]

Hi Benzo Buddies!

I've been taking 0.5 mg of Rivotril (Clonazepam) daily for the last 3-4 months and I need to get off of it. I also took it 3 years ago for a couple of months but intermittently and I had no problem getting off of it cold turkey back then. Can someone please help me figure out a safe, slow water titration schedule? I'm new to all this and I want to do it as safely as possible.

Thank you!  :)

1)  For clarification, K is NOT water soluble; you must begin with a solvent to dissolve the K, then you dilute with water.  Most commonly used solvents are alcohol (vodka) or propylene glycol.  Milk also works, but is a little less convenient and flexible.

2)  Most folks do 1mg:2ml solvent: 8ml water ratio.  This gives you a finished solution where each ml contains .1mg.  You can easily measure down to .01 (hundredths) mg decrements.

Hi there builder,

I'm not sure I understand. Do I always use the same amount of water? What instruments do I need? I'm sorry to be a nuisance but I'm really bad at numbers and this is all very new to me. Could you please help me come up with a schedule?

For each mg of K, use 2ml of vodka or PG, and 8ml water.

If your currently at .5mg K, here's what I would suggest:

5mgK + 10ml solvent + 40ml water.  That will be 50mg of dilute liquid K, each ml will contain .1mg K  This will be approx a 10-12 day supply.

If you want to drop 10% per 2 weeks...

.5mg X 10% = .05mg

.05mg/14 days = .0036mg/day (round up to .004mg/day)

Schedule:

.5mg    (5ml)

.496mg    (4.96ml)

.492mg    (4.92ml)

4.88mg    (4.88ml)

etc...

Just lower your dose .004mg (.04ml) each day.

You will need a 1ml and 10ml oral syringe and  a covered glass jar to mix and store. Repurposed food jars (salad dressing, pickles/olives, etc) work fine.  I 100ml graduated cylinder and/or a 50-60 ml syringe will be helpful, but not required.

Thanks builder!

A couple of more questions:

I can just put the benzo + vodka or PG + the water in the jar and just store it, right? Then, when I have to take my daily dose, I drink it straight from the syringe, right?

Also, is there anyway I can calculate the exact amount of K I need to drink from .5 ml to 0? As I said before, not very good with math haha  :laugh:

Thanks builder!

A couple of more questions:

I can just put the benzo + vodka or PG + the water in the jar and just store it, right? Then, when I have to take my daily dose, I drink it straight from the syringe, right?

Yes, store at room temp in a closed glass jar.  You can take your dose directly from the syringe, but do a couple of rinse cycles with plain water and drink the rinse.  This ensures you actually get all of the benzo.

Also, is there anyway I can calculate the exact amount of K I need to drink from .5 ml to 0? As I said before, not very good with math haha  :laugh:

Just look at my post above.  The calculation is there, and there is a schedule that shows you exactly what your daily dose will be, both in mgs and mls.

• 2 months later...

Hi builder,

I saw you helped pdp1987 in setting up her titration schedule.  I am confused after reading all the entries.  I am on .125mg/nightly and want to discontinue by 10% every 21 days.  Everything reads 1mg per 2ml of vodka, etc.  How do I dissolve this if I am on .125 only?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Hi builder,

I saw you helped pdp1987 in setting up her titration schedule.  I am confused after reading all the entries.  I am on .125mg/nightly and want to discontinue by 10% every 21 days.  Everything reads 1mg per 2ml of vodka, etc.  How do I dissolve this if I am on .125 only?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Preparing your liquid really has nothing to do with your current dose.

If you're at .125mg/day. I would dissolve 1mg K in 2ml vodka or propylene glycol, and add 98ml water.  This gives you 100ml solution, each ml contains .01mg K.  This will be enough for 8-9 days.

So .125mg would be12.5ml of solution.

.125mgX10%= .0125mg

.0125mg/21 days = .0006mg/day

.0006mg would be .06ml of your solution.

Lower your dose by .06ml/day

12.5ml

12.44ml

12.38ml

12.32ml

etc...

Thank you builder!

Would it be safe (for the ritual of doing it every night, better for me) to dissolve my .125mg wafer of K in 1ml of alcohol and then add 11.5 ml of water?

Or is that too much alcohol or too little for my pill?

Than I can withdraw my reduction of .06 ml from my mixture?