Nightmares Returning!

[Ma...]

Well After days of Sleeping (poorly though) I havent had any bad dreams, been off ativan about a month and half anyways, last night was awful! maybe slept 2 to 2 and a half hours only woke up at 2:30am, tried going back to sleep and had another quick hit with a vivid dream woke up again and then my cough kept me awake rest of night so I just stayed up

The only thing is last night before bed I did have a bowl of Ice cream then a few spicy Doritoes Chips, not sure if that has anything to do with stuff or not, but I heard both things can cause problems

I am prepared to have vivid dreams/nightmares when I go to sleep right after I eat.  It happens to me often as I'm a night eater.  A bowl of ice cream and some spicy Dorito chips will do it to ya. 

You may be experiencing REM rebound. This is common after long periods of sleep deprivation regardless of the cause. My nightmares have gone away but I still have vivid dreams that awaken me. I hope and believe that these crazy dreams will diminish as my sleep returns and I catch up with my need for REM sleep. Don’t give up hope.

Mark,

I mentioned it to you before, but you might want to look into GERD as a cause of your nighttime coughing. I had a friend who was up night after night coughing and finally went to the doctor who diagnosed it as being caused by GERD. Her coughing went away once she started treating it. Rich foods like ice cream and spicy foods commonly cause GERD flare-ups. Lying down in bed just makes it worse. You could try taking Pepcid AC before bedtime or a stronger course of Prilosec OTC to see if your problem subsides. No comment on the nightmares however.