MY NUTRITIONIST"S PLAN FOR HEALING MY LEAKY GUT (It may not be suitable for you)

[po...]

I will copy and paste them here:

first is a letter to my idiot GP:

I am working with P in my capacity as a nutritional therapist to help her address her symptoms of low energy, aches and pains, poor immunity, anxiety and digestive issues.

P recently underwent organic acid testing with the following results:

-  Yeast/fungal (candida) and bacterial overgrowth is present 

-  Low levels of vitamin’s C, B2, B6 and folate 

-  Low levels of the antioxidant, glutathione 

So far, the following protocols have been put into place to support her health goals, based on her symptoms and test results;

-  Increased levels of B vitamins and vitamin C through foods and vitamin C supplementation 

-  Reduce sugar and gluten to support gut health 

-  Included probiotic rich foods (such as kefir and sauerkraut) in preparation for an anti-candida 
protocol which will include anti-fungals 

-  Included liver supporting foods (such as bitter leaves and cruciferous vegetables) to support 
glutathione production and in preparation for anti-fungals 

P's symptoms of chronic tiredness/fatigue, her history of CFS/Fibromyalgia and the nutrient deficiencies highlighted through her test results, I have recommended she have the following markers checked: ferritin, vitamin B12 and vitamin D. A thyroid check may also be useful due to the fatigue as well as her digestive issues;  P struggles with constipation. I would be most grateful if you would assist in getting these tested for her please.

next are details of her plan:

Health Optimisation Plan

22 January 2018 Anti-candida / anti-bacterial diet:

Remove all forms of sugar, including fruit except for berries – enjoy a small handful of berries a few times a week if needed - replace with a small amount of raw honey and stevia if needed

Remove grains (including buckwheat, quinoa and rice) - replace with colourful veg and some starchy veg like butternut squash, pumpkin and sweet potato occasionally. No white potatoes. Try cauliflower or broccoli rice as a replacement for rice and vegetable noodles instead of pasta. Slice sweet potato and pop in toaster for “toast”

Include liver and intestine supporting foods daily - kale, rocket, ginger, turmeric, cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.)

Include probiotic rich foods daily (start with a small amount then gradually increase) – kefir, kimchi, sauerkraut, tempeh, kombucha

Eat a diet rich in vegetables (aim for at least 6 – 8 portions daily), lean proteins (at each meal – meat, fish, poultry, nuts/seeds*, eggs*) and healthy fats (avocado, olives, coconut and their oils)

Some good choices to include daily: celery
 aubergines
 spinach

cabbage

broccoli

cauliflower

tomatoes

fish

poultry

eggs*

ACV

spices – turmeric, ginger

oils – olive, flaxseed, sesame, coconut, avocado

sauerkraut* coconut kefir* herbal teas water
sunflower seeds* almonds* coconut*

flax seeds* hazelnuts*

squash
sweet potato
courgettes
olives
green beans
peppers
limes
lemons
rocket
chard/greens/kale
*if well tolerated
Example meals:
Green protein smoothie – kale, hemp protein powder, courgette, coconut milk Roast chicken, meat or fish with medley of colourful vegetables
Veg stew/soup or curry - with shredded chicken, prawns or meat

sugar snap peas / mange tout

herbs – oregano, parsley, thyme, basil

Appointment: 1 Goal: Increase energy and reduce other symptoms

Aim of the programme: Support gut health, including rebalancing gut flora and supporting integrity of gut lining via a full gut repair programme

Recommendations – for 4 weeks

  Follow guidelines for anti-candida diet as per separate notes 

  Choose slow cooked, well cooked foods as often as possible - soups and stews - and 
keeps raw foods to a minimum 

  1 - 2 tsp apple cider vinegar in small glass of water before each meal 
Specific meal and snack suggestions 
Seed loaf - https://www.mynewroots.org/site/2013/02/the-life-changing-loaf-of-bread/ - use GF oats and honey – if you have a reaction to this bread, rather don’t continue to eat it. You could have this with avocado, fish or chicken liver pate or nut butter 
Coconut yoghurt or kefir with a handful berries and a good handful of nuts and seeds for breakfast 
Crackers - https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Raw-Health-Organic-Flax-Piquant- Crackers/269403011?from=search&tags=%7C20000&param=gluten+free+crackers&parentC ontainer=SEARCHgluten+free+cra 
Soup and stew ideas: http://www.hemsleyandhemsley.com/recipes/soups-and-stews/ 
Lifestyle recommendations

  Mindful eating and chewing - at least 15 times per mouthful - https://authoritynutrition.com/mindful-eating-guide/

  Switch time spent online for reading and walking 

  Continues with yoga and gentle walking for exercise 

  Get GP to test for: ferritin, B12, folate, Vit D Supplements 
Biocare – vitamin C powder – 1/5 tsp per day in water Ashwaganda – 1 tsp in water per day 
To address next time: Anti-fungal protocol Next Appointment: 3 – 4 weeks

I am sorry the format has been messed up by copying and pasting, i hope it is legible.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you; this is fabulous and while I’ve embarked on a vaguely similar plan this serves a better formula along with the tests I need to ask for.  Keep us updated with your progress!!!

oh ok, i will, I didn't think that anyone was interested - the main thing she is trying to avoid is my getting any die-off symptoms, because they can apparently be damaging as well as debilitating.  I am feeling so nauseous right now, i have emailed her and asked her what to do ... will report back

because they are more difficult to digest.

by the way, my nausea was caused by my upping the garlic (by about 500per cent), it happens every time I increase a dose of any of the prebiotics, probiotics or anti microbial foods or herbs by too great an amount.

I've been a week on my plan and have seen a massive improvement in inflammation of the spine. Not 100% but considering I needed a walking stick and couldn't actually sit upright for a week following a lower spine MRI feels like a bit of a miracle. I have had n relief since the start f November last year. Dr gave me Naproxen which feels a bit like Russian Roulette, not taking those.

I find juicing green veg with a little pear or apple most effective. I tried oats and honey but either the sugar or the dairy in the oatmeal had a detrimental effect. Hot chilli in an all veg stir fry with coconut oil is about the only cooked foods helping.

My skin looks much better but I was gifted a Dermawand so the vitamins have had a helping hand to get to the skin surface these last few days.

I am using topocal ibiprofen to help ease the inflammation but I can feel the benefit is happening fro the inside out.  Adverse reaction to oats conformed this.

We definitely are what we eat/we digest

forgot to say, I've lost 4lbs too and Im not a big woman so its a massive %. Actually I realise its' been 9 days rather than aweek.

Fibro and CFS i believe is Autoimmune..i have Lupus. Garlic is known to enhance the immune system. Could this be why you struggle with this hug increase in garlic consumption?

wow thats incredible news about your spine,  i have been on the diet for 6 weeks with no improvement to my spine, but I have had the sx for years, so it will  take mr longer.  I have started on the antifungals today, so hopefully things will start improving soon...,    Are you taking antifungals? 

I haven't got the energy to copy and paste the next stage of her programme right now but will do so asap!

Keep going it has to work. I sprained my spine in 2000 and was disabled for 3 yrs. I never thought this would return. I have no idea why my spine or when it got injured. I have had spinal pain since November. Between Christmas as NY I couldn't move the pain was so extreme. Its a 2 out of 10 now and was then at 10. I do not take Naproxen

I have considered doing a parasite cleanse as I was a huge carnivore. I just need to get the right herbs. I have ordered black seed oil capsules. Black seed is very good at reducing i flammation

Have you tried juicing?

• 3 weeks later...

Anti-fungal protocol:

Take for 6 weeks:

Bonusan – molybdenum – 1 per day (to support die-off symptoms), with food

Planet Paleo – collagen – 1 scoop per day (take in 200ml hot or cold water/drink) (to support a healthy gut lining), with or without food

Nutri Advanced – CandiSolve – 2 per day (taken between meals, 1 mid-morning, 1 mid- afternoon) (to break down biofilm plus contains probiotic)

First 15 days:

Bionutri – Garlic Complex – 2 per day (1 mid-morning, 1 mid-afternoon– away from food) – on alternate days

Second 15 days:

Oregano Oil or capsules – to be determined – on alternate days

Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon per day – on alternate days

Third 15 days:

Berberine and Grapefruit Seed OR olive leaf extract – to be determined – on alternate days Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon per day – on alternate days

• 1 month later...

i have discovered that there is no evidence to support the theories about candida and leaky gut, so I have got to reluctantly accept that all my symptoms are STILL down to benzo wd. AND as my recovery deteriorated when i came off caffeine 5 yrs ago, I feel that that was the cause.

Because of my dreadful anxiety, which returned after caffeine wd, I have been wearing myself out, searching for "solutions" and grasping at straws. which is why i got hooked on the candida theory, but after trying out so many diets, and exhausting myself completely, i researched it more thoroughly and discovered that it is not evidence based.

so i have to go back to waiting hopefully...

Modify message