near 1 year off a miracle happens

[ro...]

I cannot say that this is a success story because it has been only a few hours that this is happening. In two days it will have been a year since i did my rapid taper.

I had a 98% window start just a few hours ago. At first i was all analytic wondering if i was manic or what this new symptom was and then it became very familiar to me. This new "symptom" was feeling back to normal. I had a nightmare wave the last month and a half but even when some symptoms were bad I noticed that some had completely disappeared before the wave.

I swear this may have been the most joyous moment of my life. Although I did not really abuse benzos like I did with other drugs I have been using illegal drugs for years. I have had long term issues after stopping other drugs before but nothing like what benzos had caused me. It has been at least 5 years since I have felt normal and sober. Days and days I waited for this moment to come and now that it is finally here I was so overcome with emotion. Although I still have brain fog that unfortunately is getting stronger as I write this post just that one singular moment where emotionally I felt the same as if I wasn't coming off some poison like benzos.

I thought I was in for another couple months at least and I might still be which is why I am not posting this as a success story but oh my god I have never been so happy in my life. Never have I experienced tears from happiness.

This. Feels. So. Good.

Hi Robert,

I am so very happy that you are feeling back to your normal self! Praying you will be writing your success story soon!

Blessings!

ugh got hit with another wave right in time for exams -.-

but my baseline does seem to be better than where it was the window ended and now im just in this state of yuck

• 1 month later...