Low Testosterone - Root of OCD/Depression?

[il...]

Hello my friends.

I suffer greatly from HOCD and ROCD, with very complicated anxiety and depression.

I currently do CBT and tried to use all the SSRIs in the market, but none did much effect. Last week I went to check my hormone levels and the test showed low levels of testosterone.

Can there be a low testosterone ratio with my OCD / depression symptoms? Could it be the key to an improvement in my case?

I feel low libido and also erection too. Im 27 years old

There is a load of examples of people with treatment resistant depression finding out they have low testosterone.

Out of interest what are your levels?

There is a load of examples of people with treatment resistant depression finding out they have low testosterone.

Out of interest what are your levels?

235 ng/dL  and the normal levels of exam is 241 to 827

Prolactine: 5,81 ng/Ml - Reference Value: 2,10 to 17,70

Estradiol: 34,8 pg/mL -Reference Value : <39,8

LH - 3,4 mU/mL - Reference Value: 1,5 to 9,3

Zinc: 21,20 ug/dL -Reference Value: 70 to 120 ug/dL

SHBG: 14,40 nmol/l Reference Value: 10 to 57 nmol/l

From my own experience, HRT did nothing for me in regards to BZ withdrawal. I started a year and a bit ago when my levels were lower than yours. It did give me some hope in the beginning but it also hasn't done much except keep me thin (I'm trying to gain weight) and toned (I work out a few days a week). And my wife has to stick me with needles every week. As my mental symptoms are horrible, unfortunately HRT was not the cure I was looking for. The challenge with Testosterone, is that you are on it for life. So for me, it didn't help that much, and now I'm stuck on it probably for the rest of my life. This is a very big decision; make sure are informed and work with your doctor. This forum is a good place to see what others have done however, this particular decision could be a life long decision so handle this one with care. If it does help, you will not want to come off of it anyway so that won't really matter - unless you want to have children in which case that's a whole other thing you need to research. My not so great experience is only my experience so just take it with a grain of salt. This is a decision for you and your doctor to make after you do all of your research first of course ;O)

From my own experience, HRT did nothing for me in regards to BZ withdrawal. I started a year and a bit ago when my levels were lower than yours. It did give me some hope in the beginning but it also hasn't done much except keep me thin (I'm trying to gain weight) and toned (I work out a few days a week). And my wife has to stick me with needles every week. As my mental symptoms are horrible, unfortunately HRT was not the cure I was looking for. The challenge with Testosterone, is that you are on it for life. So for me, it didn't help that much, and now I'm stuck on it probably for the rest of my life. This is a very big decision; make sure are informed and work with your doctor. This forum is a good place to see what others have done however, this particular decision could be a life long decision so handle this one with care. If it does help, you will not want to come off of it anyway so that won't really matter - unless you want to have children in which case that's a whole other thing you need to research. My not so great experience is only my experience so just take it with a grain of salt. This is a decision for you and your doctor to make after you do all of your research first of course ;O)

OMG, for life? Do not you have other quicker options and no problems with fertility? Im obese, and what I need is to normalize testosterone even though it is obese, so when you are thin, do not use more hormones.

I already had problems with depression before even withdrawing. In fact, I'm not going through benzo withdrawal, but lyrica withdrawal.

I have already tried taking all antidepressants to improve my depression and anxiety. I did not succeed with anyone.