Author Topic: Poems, Thoughts, and Other Words  (Read 4693 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Poems, Thoughts, and Other Words
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 06:31:02 pm »
Not as many as your constant kindness, but thank you.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 09:31:26 pm »
Itís a long way and it is dark and narrow
But Iím standing here at the tunnelís end
Donít you see me in the dappled sunlight?
The leaves of trees cast small shadows
But walk with me further atop the rail lines
And the track opens to clear, fathomless blue

Can you hear me calling through the echoes?
Over the sound of sliding ballast as you step?
Over train whistles still lingering in your ears?
Talk to me, I understand some of your words
The rest I will hear as a slaveís hymn hummed
For I know it is all a hopeful song of freedom

Do you fear the long black line you travel?
If so, remember it was built with confidence
The mountain is stronger than you believe
One careful, patient step after another
Time is of no essence, I will wait for you
Wait until our fingers intertwine under this arch

Who else better than you awaits the years of me?
Who else will hunger so for the fullness of life?
The sweetness of ripened fruit will not be lost to you
And wind in flowing hair will be as deep breaths
You will emerge from underground a cool spring
And, together, we will swim your beautiful current
Captivating...
It drew me in...
Thank you for sharing ... you really are very talented!
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 12:32:06 am »
Youíre very welcome, [...]. I always like to think that itís inspiration talking, using me as a vehicle, a role in which I am happy to serve.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:28:57 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 02:33:59 am »
 :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 04:49:06 am »
[...], you are quite talented.  Thanks.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 01:52:14 pm »
Thank you, [...], wrote it for the Single thread after reading about peopleís longings.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 05:02:55 am »
[...], do you read your poetry at any local poetry readings?  I used to write and read my own poems at the local bookstore and other venues. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 11:01:00 am »
I don't wanna talk
About things we've gone through
Though it's hurting me
Now it's history
I've played all my cards
And that's what you've done too
Nothing more to say
No more ace to play

The winner takes it all
The loser standing small
Beside the victory
That's her destiny

Excerpted from ABBA 'The Winner Takes It All' 1980

Sorry, I wish I could write poetry.

Also, I don't agree with the last line.  It might have been just as easily his destiny, I think it was.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:08:58 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 12:31:32 pm »
[...], not that brave. 🙃

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 12:33:36 pm »
[...], thanks for the words! Nothing about this has to be original.