Am really bad, advice please

[Ba...]

Hi.  I cut my tiny clon dose in half 5 days ago and am such a mess.  I am still taking valium.  And to sleep ambien.  I know, but with no sleep I can do nothing. Hoped to get off clon and val then just be on ambien for a while.

Anyhow, last two days been terrible.  Not sleeping.

Could this last cut have done that?  I was getting sorta stable on the klon, val, ambien dose was on.... now am so shaky and fearful and vibrating and agoraphobic...    Thanks for input...

BarbaraAve,

I not going to focus on the drug use right now, but I do want to comment on sleep (or lack of it). Everyone of us who have experienced severe withdrawal insomnia started off with the certainty that the cannot function without sleep. Most later learned that they were wrong. You may feel better after a full night of normal sleep, but you would be surprised on just how little sleep you can get by on when you have to. The reality is that your body will ensure that you are getting at least an absolute minimum amount of sleep. This usually takes the form of light stage 1 sleep that you often don't even know that you had.

Sleep has to return naturally over a certain period of time and the clock does not start until after all sleep medications are out of your system for good.

BarbaraAve,

I not going to focus on the drug use right now, but I do want to comment on sleep (or lack of it). Everyone of us who have experienced severe withdrawal insomnia started off with the certainty that the cannot function without sleep. Most later learned that they were wrong. You may feel better after a full night of normal sleep, but you would be surprised on just how little sleep you can get by on when you have to. The reality is that your body will ensure that you are getting at least an absolute minimum amount of sleep. This usually takes the form of light stage 1 sleep that you often don't even know that you had.

Sleep has to return naturally over a certain period of time and the clock does not start until after all sleep medications are out of your system for good.

Does that mean Valium— until all benzos are out of my system?

All benzos and z-drugs mess with your brain receptors and they need time to heal before you can return to your pre-prescription drug baseline state.