I am feeling numbness in chest

[in...]

I have started taking clonazepam 0.50mg from october 2017.

I have problem of panic attacks and anxiety with cold hands and sweating on palms and feet.

After taking it for a month..i started to feel better. So i decided to taper it. My only problem is that i am feeling numbness in chest..like there is nothing in chest...empty. I am not feeling anything in chest and not able to focus also from my mind.

Please help me...atleast give me suggestions.

This feeling of emptiness in chest is so horrible. what can i do to get rid of this.

Anybody facing the same problem..??

Please share your experience.

MY current dose is clonazapem only.

I understand!! I have had pain in the center of my chest and anything with my chest scares me.

Hang in there !! Breathe in peace breathe out fear!

Thank you so much  :smitten:

I am not feeling pain in my chest but a numbness feeling in chest which is so awkward.

I am feeling like there is nothing inside my chest...feeling so light from inside and not able to focus anywhere else.

Have you ever experienced this numbness in chest... i am worried because this feeling is not going.

My checkup results came normal as usual.I was also feeling a loud noise in my head like titinus but now it is fading with time...also

mood iritation, confused mind, breathing fast sometimes  which scares me a lot like i don't have any control on my breathing.

My body is shaking a little bit. I am lacking energy for my daily routine tasks also. My main problem is this new numbness feeling i.e. i

am feeling so light like there is nothing inside my chest. :'(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To me it feels like the chest is filled with cement, like it's stuck without any mobility at all.

I'm like this too. My chest/throat area feels constantly pressed, no matter what anxiety triggers are present.

I have exactly the same. Numbness throughout my upper torso and often my whole body.

It's my most disconcerting symptom for sure. Just blankness. When I wake up sometimes my whole body is numb and it makes me freak the hell out.

I've somehow got used to it a bit, and am fairly confident it's withdrawals now since the doc can't find another explanation

I have exactly the same. Numbness throughout my upper torso and often my whole body.

It's my most disconcerting symptom for sure. Just blankness. When I wake up sometimes my whole body is numb and it makes me freak the hell out.

I've somehow got used to it a bit, and am fairly confident it's withdrawals now since the doc can't find another explanation

Hi MrEggplant  :)

I can understand your feeling. After waking up in the morning  i feel completely numb just like i am moving like a zombie

disconnected from the body completely. I am feeling this all the time and after waking up this feeling is at its peak.

Are you feeling the same...??

I can understand your feeling. After waking up in the morning  i feel completely numb just like i am moving like a zombie

disconnected from the body completely. I am feeling this all the time and after waking up this feeling is at its peak.

Yes, the same. My body feels numb - like the sensations coming from it aren't arriving in my brain.

I can see the visual field - I can see my body with my eyes, and I can move it but cannot feel it.

It's worst in the morning - and gets worse if I stay lying down for a long time.

I wake up many times a night with this numb body feeling and it causes me a lot of anxiety - I always think that something is wrong with my heart, because I always feel slow heart rate at the same time as when it occurs.

I guess it is benzo withdrawal  :(

Yes, the same. My body feels numb - like the sensations coming from it aren't arriving in my brain.

I can see the visual field - I can see my body with my eyes, and I can move it but cannot feel it.

It's worst in the morning - and gets worse if I stay lying down for a long time.

I wake up many times a night with this numb body feeling and it causes me a lot of anxiety - I always think that something is wrong with my heart, because I always feel slow heart rate at the same time as when it occurs.

Yes the withdrawals symptoms are horrible. I have a continuous feeling of not breathing at all. But my heartbeat and BP always come

normal. BP  now a days is on the lower side like 110 and 72. My doctor says it is normal for ladies. I am not feeling good at all.

I am feeling dizzy also and my dizziness is like i have no head at all, feeling so light from head like it is shaking continuously.

Are you feeling this type of dizziness also..??

Yes the withdrawals symptoms are horrible. I have a continuous feeling of not breathing at all. But my heartbeat and BP always come

normal. BP  now a days is on the lower side like 110 and 72. My doctor says it is normal for ladies. I am not feeling good at all.

I am feeling dizzy also and my dizziness is like i have no head at all, feeling so light from head like it is shaking continuously.

Yes I have weird head sensations too. I am often rubbing or feeling various parts of my body to check they're still there and sensations work... Because otherwise there is a feeling of blankness and weakness everywhere  :crazy:

I experimented and found some things helpful to me....

- Deliberately focussing on the contact between the body and the seat. E.g. the heaviness of your legs/back against the seat. Even if other parts of the body are numb or blank... Focusing on the contact that is there seems quite grounding and relaxing

- Focusing on the sounds... Listening diffusely to what's going on in the environment. As if you're listening for a very distant sound .... Like birds or ships in the distance at some far away harbour ... This focus can take us away from body preoccupation and also lead to more acceptance, since the sense of sound is very open, diffuse, relaxed.

- Being willing to be completely numb or without sensation.. sometimes in bed it got really extreme and I've often felt sick of fighting it or tensing up or trying to feel something so I've just sunk into the numbness. With the thought... It's just sensations (or lack of them).... I'm still here... Still aware... Still conscious... It's not killing me... It's just a different experience.... Can I just float in it... Allow it to do its thing...  Can I relax into a numb body... Maybe it's what paralysis feels like, and they probably come to acceptance ... Maybe going into it will give me more empathy and understanding... Accepting the numbness.... Floating... Sinking into it.... Mmm....

Ok I'm still working on the last one but it seems like it's going the right direction. Why am I so afraid of sensations ? Why am I so afraid of fear? Why do I believe the sensations justify the fear ? :o

I'm going to work on being ok with numbness/blankness..

All the best innocent baby....

Eggplant out

Yes I have weird head sensations too. I am often rubbing or feeling various parts of my body to check they're still there and sensations work... Because otherwise there is a feeling of blankness and weakness everywhere  :crazy:

I experimented and found some things helpful to me....

- Deliberately focussing on the contact between the body and the seat. E.g. the heaviness of your legs/back against the seat. Even if other parts of the body are numb or blank... Focusing on the contact that is there seems quite grounding and relaxing

- Focusing on the sounds... Listening diffusely to what's going on in the environment. As if you're listening for a very distant sound .... Like birds or ships in the distance at some far away harbour ... This focus can take us away from body preoccupation and also lead to more acceptance, since the sense of sound is very open, diffuse, relaxed.

- Being willing to be completely numb or without sensation.. sometimes in bed it got really extreme and I've often felt sick of fighting it or tensing up or trying to feel something so I've just sunk into the numbness. With the thought... It's just sensations (or lack of them).... I'm still here... Still aware... Still conscious... It's not killing me... It's just a different experience.... Can I just float in it... Allow it to do its thing...  Can I relax into a numb body... Maybe it's what paralysis feels like, and they probably come to acceptance ... Maybe going into it will give me more empathy and understanding... Accepting the numbness.... Floating... Sinking into it.... Mmm....

Ok I'm still working on the last one but it seems like it's going the right direction. Why am I so afraid of sensations ? Why am I so afraid of fear? Why do I believe the sensations justify the fear ? :o

I'm going to work on being ok with numbness/blankness..

All the best innocent baby....

Eggplant out

Thank you so much Mr. Eggplant  :smitten:

Definitely we all will be okay one day.  Have you tried exercise as it helps a lot.

I have a question in my mind which is troubling me so much. I will post it on the forum but i will tell you first.

I have read it on google that sometimes our bodies are so much stressed out that our brain fails to recover from it giving us

hypertension and panic attacks. Our bodies or we can say our brain goes into some form of a state(i don't know the name

exactly)  from which brain fails to recover. So we have to take these anti depressant medicines. And some people find it quite

helpful because  they take these antidepressants(benzos too) for few weeks or a month and as soon as they start to feel better

they start tapering them. And so they feel very little withdrawal effects.

So my question is: is it necessary to take these medicines to recover from that state(due to anxiety,fear,chronic stress etc) or

without taking medicines and simply ignoring these physical symptoms one can get back to normal. I have read that sometimes

talking to someone or just diverting our mind do not work at all. This is from my personal experience also.

What do you think about this if you have read it somewhere on the forum here and from your personal experience.