Trazodone & Cymbalta - Bad Side Effects?

[ki...]

I began tapering down Trazodone earlier this month, January because when I restarted taking Cymbalta (I literally tapered down to one little pebble and due to some incidents, I was feeling SO ANXIOUS, I believe I was going through withdrawal from the Cymbalta) I began to have MAJOR INSOMNIA. Cymbalta didn't work anymore when I restarted.. insomnia (never had that), major heart pounding, it was insane.  :-X

Then, the primary doc gave me Trazodone to help with the "temporary" insomnia. 1 week into Trazodone and Cymbalta mix, I started feeling dizzy during the day, muscle twitching, and heart pounding was even more consistent.

Anyone had any of these similar side effects?

Anyway I am tapered down from 50 mg Trazodone (I first took this in September) and hurrah, today I am down to 18-19 mg... although I am still getting the dizzy spells and muscle twitching. I will finally see a cardiologist and neurologist (after waiting for a month appointment) so hopefully they can say "nothing is wrong with you" so I can attest that it means it was all the Trazodone + Cymbalta interaction...

I am not sure if I am ready to taper down Cymbalta as my life now has been more topsy turvy...quit job, feeling distress from these new symptoms (muscle twitching, dizzy spells). It is such a long journey and I get depressed but reading some of these stories make me feel "less alone."

I am finally tapered off of Trazodone. Today was the 3rd day. I am still having twitching and a bit of dizziness at night. So far I am sleeping about 4-5 hours a night however I hope to sleep more maybe if I wake up earlier instead of staying in bed till 12 pm.

I use a pill cutter and taper off about 5-10% a few days depending how I feel. For example I stared from 50 mg, then 47mg for a few days and if I feel "confident" in tapering then I will do so again and cut a few milligrams for a few days.

It took me about 1.5 month to not take 50 mg anymore - I was taking Trazodone for a couple of months. If you were taking Trazodone for a longer period of time doing my method might be too fast.

Hi...

How many mg of Cymbalta are you on? I too take both Trazadone & Cymbalta. I was at 100mg & dropped to 75mg. Been on it since July. Cymbalta can have twitches as a side effect/withdrawal. I am having insomnia issues. I dropped down from 60 to 30 too quickly & went back up to 50mg several weeks back. Other than some insomnia, I have some twitches-not bad & some anxiety but its better than it was. My heart races every once in a while. Dizziness is a side effect when changing doses for sure

My pdoc told me one should never take two ADs at the same time. Doctors and others do not know how they interact with each other and with the brain. Cymbalta has been known to cause terrible and long last s/x even with a slow taper. A huge class action lawsuit was filed for this very reason.

My pdoc told me one should never take two ADs at the same time. Doctors and others do not know how they interact with each other and with the brain. Cymbalta has been known to cause terrible and long last s/x even with a slow taper. A huge class action lawsuit was filed for this very reason.

It is so sad but not even the psychiatrists I've seen (I've seen more than 5-6 within the 4 months) that are familiar with Cymbalta, let alone the withdrawal symptoms. I'm 5 days Trazodone-free. Sleep so far has been so odd, feels like jet lag. But I am glad I am no longer on Trazodone.

I'm on it and it helps my sleep. But I do not plan to stay on it. My pdoc refused to give me Cymbalta because he knew, thank God.

:( Dislike my psych Dr. immensely. I'm on 75 mg trazadone. Cant change it right now. I've turned to a excellent psychic  because of my fear. I am being told I will be ok. I hold comfort in that. Life can be very challenging.

Yes life right now can be an enormous challenge. I am very lucky that I am functional and able to get out every day. Or most days. It will get better. For all of us. :smitten: