Miracle of 8 hours sleep but even sicker the next day

[wa...]

I don't know what happened.  I was experiencing an 85% day the day before yesterday.  I felt a good "normal" fatigue.  Slept 5 hours -- awakened by my son.  Slept another 3 hours.  HEAVEN.  And I had really thought my morning "poisoned" feelings were gone. 

But they returned with a vengeance after a good night's sleep -  with a little extra anxiety to boot.  I got myself to my acupuncturist who determined it was a CNS and an immune problem going on.  He did his thing -- but I am not sure of an improvement since I'm so freaked out by the setback.  I've given up on western medicine for the most part.

Putting on my detective hat so I can find the cause and so prevent this happening again,  I considered exercise the culprit?  I'm stumped and really discouraged.  I thought I was getting better  - the refrain I read here so much.

I had been doing my little exercises for this arthritic hip that has developed during w/d.  God, can so little movement create such a set back at almost 16 months off?  I've become so neurotic, I feel, that I am afraid to sleep the way I have been longing for.  WBB

Wanna,

I know that poisoned feeling sucks. Still, it's an *excellent* sign you were able to put together 8 hours of sleep. Allow yourself to celebrate that! Many of us find we can feel worse after a better night. I think the unexpected sleep confuses our nervous system. The other side of this is how often we have terrible nights and don't feel worse. This yucky feeling after some sleep used to happen to me quite frequently but now it's just an occasional thing. We can bang our heads against the wall trying to analyze and figure all of this out but there's a random quality to wd. Sometimes I think our best bet in these situations is to practice acceptance, self-compassion, and roll with it.

I hope tomorrow is better.

MT

Thanks, MT -- You are right that a lot of sleep can confuse the nervous system.  Now, back in deprivation - all those other symptoms abated and the struggle to find equilibrium feels lifelong.  W

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for asking that. I did that too.. When I woke up  I thought I was over a hurdle of some sort... Then when I got up, I felt like I was going to pass out. Could  only stand up for about 5 min then I started to sweat and felt I would fall to the floor, and spent half the day feeling that way..

Since then my sleep is back to being off and on , with my chest pounding.