My doctor is switching me from Xanax to Valium.

[Je...]

Anyone out there interested in discussing their experience?    I have a ton of questions and my posts get lost on the Valium thread.

Thanks.

Anyone out there interested in discussing their experience?    I have a ton of questions and my posts get lost on the Valium thread.

My doctor just switched me today also. I'm a little nervous to make the switch since I've already been through the gauntlet of benzos! Im scared all the switching has made me worse. I'll be following this post would love to hear some positive expierances or any response for that matter!

Thanks.

I can't believe this post hasn't had any feedback! This is probably the most common method of tapering and I'm sure alot of buddies have made the switch so why no feedback guys??

Deadmanwalking -

I just read your post.  I wish I could offer more sound advise with your question but I am tapering Klonopin.

I too have wondered about your question.  Valium is NOT easy to taper per many on BB so why do they switch people to this.  Crazy to me and I wish you luck. 

Personally I don't think any of the Benzo's are easier to taper than the other.  They are all difficult and somewhat impossible at times!  I Keep trying but am holding for long time

Good luck and you will get responses. 

Wolfie xoxo

Deadmanwalking -

I just read your post.  I wish I could offer more sound advise with your question but I am tapering Klonopin.

I too have wondered about your question.  Valium is NOT easy to taper per many on BB so why do they switch people to this.  Crazy to me and I wish you luck. 

Personally I don't think any of the Benzo's are easier to taper than the other.  They are all difficult and somewhat impossible at times!  I Keep trying but am holding for long time

Wolfie xoxo

Thank you for the feedback it's very much appreciated!

Deadmanwalking -

Wolfie xoxo

Any data to back this up?    Any data to support Valium being as hard as Xanax to get off of?

I don't think there will be any data out there to back anything about benzo withdrawal up. It seems to vary from individual to individual lots of of people have no problem tapering from any benzos and some have horrible withdrawals with even the slowest taper from long acting benzos like klonopin and Valium.

I had a hailed taper from 1.5mg of klonopin, I made It all the way down to less than .23mg over a period of 8-9 months and all hell broke loose I had to reinstate back to may starting dose and that was over 3 months ago and I still haven't stabilized from that. I am being switched over to Valium and will try following the Ashton method and maybe even go a little slower this time.

One reason why there aren't many replies may be because this is posted in Withdrawal Support rather than Substitution Taper Plans.  I'll move it and see if you can get more replies.

:thumbsup:

Deadmanwalking -

Wolfie xoxo

I agree. I have seen ppl say they could not get off ativan or valium who were able to taper from klonopin. These are all bad drugs. I also wish I have never taken my 1st benzo 30 years ago. Altho today is day 4 of being benzo free, I really don't know how much more of the unrelenting anxiety I can take w/o some kind of relief. I really need a window every now and then to provide the motivation to continue this journey through hell, not knowing if I will ever emerge from this nightmare feeling even slightly normal.

width=420 height=84https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;421/st/20180124/e/I+have+been+off+benzos%21/dt/-1/k/5760/event.png[/img]

My experience was from K to V - it made all the difference.

I tried  multiple times to get off Klonopin but when I went on Valium and did Ashton taper  I was finally successful – until I need to mistake of “taking just one”— Three years later.

Xanax has it says a short half-life- Valium  a long one which is why it works so well for tapering.

My experience was from K to V - it made all the difference.

I tried  multiple times to get off Klonopin but when I went on Valium and did Ashton taper  I was finally successful – until I need to mistake of “taking just one”— Three years later.

Xanax has it says a short half-life- Valium  a long one which is why it works so well for tapering.

How does valium feel compared to xanax.  and Klonopin?    More sedating?  Less sedating.....

I don’t like the feeling of Xanax much...

That is what I wouid like to know is if Valium is more sedating b/c I am not able to sleep as soon as I go below .375 Clonazepam and PDoc though it would help to switch to Valium but I am scared to do it!

My experience was V was easier because it lasts a long time and comes  in 2mg does that makes it easy to taper. Xanax has a very short half life so indose withdrawals happen sooner.

I crossed from K  ( longer half life than x but less than V)

K was too hard ( for me) to cut and V was simple.