Alcohol binge during withdrawal. Feeling horrible

[Be...]

UGH so I was on valium for about 5 years tapered off and was clean for about 3 or 4 years and felt great. Just recently I had some bad anxiety and took about 70mg of valium over the course of a month (maybe 7 pills). I have stopped and not had a benzo in over 2.5 months November 17th and went through a mini withdrawal. Last week I drank ALOT and had a hellatious hangover. Now my muscle twitching and hands and feet are flexing on their own AGAIN and im having bad anxiety! Did I set myself back that far? Do you think I will feel normal again or did I screw up my Gaba again? I read somthing that all these symptoms im having are right inline with young onset parkinsons. This sucks

I think you'll be okay. Just give it a little time. Sometimes I have issues with drinking a big beer but it seems to go away.

Drinking is very common when you have anxiety or going through withdrawal. I'm not saying that it is the best thing to do but it does provide temporary relief from symptoms. Just watch it.

I think you'll be okay. Just give it a little time. Sometimes I have issues with drinking a big beer but it seems to go away.

Drinking is very common when you have anxiety or going through withdrawal. I'm not saying that it is the best thing to do but it does provide temporary relief from symptoms. Just watch it.

I drank a pint of whiskey and some wine. It was a mess. This was last Thursday night it is now Wednesday i dont feel sick anymore its just the feet, hands and forehead muscle movements. Im not drinking again EVER thats my new goal

Well, I've been off benzos since last May, and after six weeks of acute withdrawal followed by a nice 4-month window (felt healed), it only took four 12 oz. beers to put me into a 2 1/2-month wave that still continues to haunt me. I'm slowly improving, but there's no doubt in my mind that alcohol can really foul up the recovery for many people. I can't say that I wasn't forewarned, though.

Yeah your right/ I myself even told people here not to drink yet I went against. it.

Yeah, I'm not a heavy drinker by any means - quite the contrary - but I do have to admit that I enjoy tipping a few beers on occasion. I won't let it happen again, though........at least not for another year or two. Live and learn, I guess.....

When you were healed from the first withdrawal were you able to drink afterwards?

If so this is likely just a little flare up caused by your brain still being sensitive from going back on briefly. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

When you were healed from the first withdrawal were you able to drink afterwards?

If so this is likely just a little flare up caused by your brain still being sensitive from going back on briefly. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

Yes when I was healed the first time I was able to drink. This time around has been different. I feel a little anxious and my emotions are all wacky as well as my feet muscles moving on there own

Hopefully it's just a small blip. Take good care of yourself, it should hopefully pass soon.

I hope so! This has also been a blessing in disguise. I believe it is now time to stop drinking alcohol for good!

I hope so! This has also been a blessing in disguise. I believe it is now time to stop drinking alcohol for good!

I'm having the same thoughts. It's just not worth the trouble.

Oh my gosh I wouldn't try alcohol for a LONG time. I am so sensitive to things right now, I know it would do me in. I think it's not recommeneded AT ALL because it effects gaba.

Oh my gosh I wouldn't try alcohol for a LONG time. I am so sensitive to things right now, I know it would do me in. I think it's not recommeneded AT ALL because it effects gaba.

Yeah I know that now lol. I havnt really gotten better in the past few days. Anxiety is pretty bad. muscles are still tensing up on forehead and feet. Hopefully ill feel better Monday. Thanks guys Ill let everyone know how long it lasted for me

Yeah I know that now lol. I havnt really gotten better in the past few days. Anxiety is pretty bad. muscles are still tensing up on forehead and feet. Hopefully ill feel better Monday. Thanks guys Ill let everyone know how long it lasted for me

Yeah, I'd be interested in knowing how long this will hang on for you, so please keep us posted. As I said in my previous post, my wave has lasted nearly 2 1/2 months after drinking, and things are finally getting better now. While I'm still feeling as though I'm living on the edge of an anxiety attack every day, my last intense episode was last Friday, so with time I'm experiencing more and more days without the intense stuff going on. At the moment I'm probably around 75% of feeling somewhat normal again. That's far better than where I was just a few weeks ago, so I guess I can't complain. Still, it would be nice to get beyond it once and for all.

Yeah, I'd be interested in knowing how long this will hang on for you, so please keep us posted. As I said in my previous post, my wave has lasted nearly 2 1/2 months after drinking, and things are finally getting better now. While I'm still feeling as though I'm living on the edge of an anxiety attack every day, my last intense episode was last Friday, so with time I'm experiencing more and more days without the intense stuff going on. At the moment I'm probably around 75% of feeling somewhat normal again. That's far better than where I was just a few weeks ago, so I guess I can't complain. Still, it would be nice to get beyond it once and for all.

So its been 10 days and most of the muscle clenching in my feet have gone away. Still feel not 100% but just know im not 100 yet but feelin better than last week! Thanks!

So its been 10 days and most of the muscle clenching in my feet have gone away. Still feel not 100% but just know im not 100 yet but feelin better than last week! Thanks!

Good to hear!..... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I had 2 bad waves so far, both caused by too much alcohol.  It took me 1-2 weeks to recover from each.  Moderation is key.  You will recover too, you haven't set yourself back.  It's unfair we can't enjoy alcohol just yet, but we will eventually.  Just watch it and stay positive.

I’ve been drinking a few beers on weekend about 90 days in. Haven’t noticed anything too bad, however I definitely feel off for a few days after.

I had 2 bad waves so far, both caused by too much alcohol.  It took me 1-2 weeks to recover from each.  Moderation is key.  You will recover too, you haven't set yourself back.  It's unfair we can't enjoy alcohol just yet, but we will eventually.  Just watch it and stay positive.

I only wish that my wave would've only hung around for one or two weeks. Mine is just starting to lift after 2 1/2 months, and that was after drinking in moderation. Although, at the time I was also suffering from a lower back ailment in which I also took some OTC pain and anti-inflammatory meds, so I'll never be certain if the alcohol was the primary cause of the wave or not. If not, I'm sure the alcohol didn't help. Still, after feeling pretty good for about four months, the last 10 or 11 weeks of feeling like garbage wasn't a welcoming event.

I only wish that my wave would've only hung around for one or two weeks. Mine is just starting to lift after 2 1/2 months, and that was after drinking in moderation

JTele, I see from your signature that your withdrawal experience is very similar to mine, we both C/T'd in May 2017, we're both 8.5 months out.  I was in acute for 6 weeks also, and I was hit with the first wave at 6 months out in November 2017, just like you!  Some bb's told me the same about themselves.  Wow, there is something to this process after all, let's keep each other informed.

Hi BeenThroughIt, how is this week going for you, anymore improvement?

I only wish that my wave would've only hung around for one or two weeks. Mine is just starting to lift after 2 1/2 months, and that was after drinking in moderation

JTele, I see from your signature that your withdrawal experience is very similar to mine, we both C/T'd in May 2017, we're both 8.5 months out.  I was in acute for 6 weeks also, and I was hit with the first wave at 6 months out in November 2017, just like you!  Some bb's told me the same about themselves.  Wow, there is something to this process after all, let's keep each other informed.

Yeah, let's definitely keep in touch with this ordeal that we've found ourselves in. I'm hoping I've witnessed the worst of it, but I guess one never knows for sure. In the meantime, I've discovered one or two NA beers that aren't too bad......LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys im doing alot better. Most of my symptoms have subsided except for the random muscle flexing in my foot or hands. I also still have the forehead muscle movement. I found a godsend which is CBD oil. This has helped my mental state dramatically and i highly advise everyone to give it a try (at their own risk). I got a bottle of Elixinol 300mg and it works great. Im still alcohol free after 17 days, its been hard but its fun to see how many days I can go without a drink. Only time will tell how I will do! CBD OIL!!!!