Problems with breathing

[tr...]

After 2 years I still have problems with breathing, chest pressure and general weakness.

I notice that I breathe wrong, hold my breath and sometimes I breathe with my chest instead of my stomach. Wondering if it really depends on this, and tension in the body? Do breathing exercises, meditate and massage, but it is still difficult. It's the worst when I wake up in the morning. Or is it the classic withdrawal disorder?

Funny, I just posted about the same thing. I had an episode yesterday and I did what I did the last few times. I sat still resting on the couch leaning slightly to one side and distracted myself with some TV.

I find I am not able to "deep breathe" and when I try - it only seems to worsen things and I get frustrated and more anxious. So I shallow breathe until I feel better. Really I just listen to what my body needs to do to cope.

My shortness of breath is often accompanied with tightness and/or pain on my right side. So I lean to my left slightly.

I notice I also get it when lying down for long periods as well. Sometimes getting up and about makes it go away, its very strange.

I do feel its connected to the drugs. For some reason I had it very badly om Clonazepam.

But maybe a lung and heart workup would ease your mind though?

Maybe I should be checked, but I'm still stuck in my home and very socially. Getting to the health center feels like going to another planet, and still having anxiety problems during phone calls.

Perhaps that's because I've been living on the sofa for 2 years.  I'm not young anymore, maybe it might have been different.

I will now try to work with breathing and with lighter exercise. It will not get any better because I hardly touch me. But I still have a lot of stress in my body. If I start cleaning, I get very upset and flattery.

It has been like this for me since day 1, and it does not let go. Do you have a break, or is it like this all the time?

I see that you CT'd? Maybe its taking you a long time to heal?

What were like before benzos?Did you have agoraphobia before then? Or breathing issues?

Could you go for a short walk with assistance?

I feel a LOT less anxiety at home. Going out is another story - But I need exercise..even if its just a short walk in the fresh air - right now I need someone to go with me though.

I don't always have the breathing issues..but randomly or when I am anxious I get this sharp tight pain in my side and feel like I am hungry for more air.

Have you ever been checked for asthma? Sorry - I know so many questions.

After 2 years I still have problems with breathing, chest pressure and general weakness.

I notice that I breathe wrong, hold my breath and sometimes I breathe with my chest instead of my stomach. Wondering if it really depends on this, and tension in the body? Do breathing exercises, meditate and massage, but it is still difficult. It's the worst when I wake up in the morning. Or is it the classic withdrawal disorder?

I am struggling with this really bad right now and I just got off. I don't know what to think honestly. Did you have this before benzos? What does your pressure feel like and where do you have it? Can you feel it more when you inhale? How old are you if you don't mind me asking? It is an awful feeling and it keeps your anxiety revved up bc you are always thinking about your heart.

Yes, it worries me too..its one of my most awful symptoms. I had it this very early this morning, I noticed its worse when I am laying on my right side, when I lie on my left side it eventually goes away.

If I am lightly exercising it gets bad too and sometimes I start to panic.

I did not have these problem before, they started day 1.

To me it`s also worse on the right side, it hurts when I massage the muscles. Have been wondering if there can be tensions that cause this? When life becomes unpleasant, it's easy to hold your breath, or breathe wrong. I will now try massage, relaxation and stretching to see if it's over.

I'm also very weak after 2 years on the sofa. I am 62 years old. Mentally I feel like 40 years, but now for 100 years.

I have always wondered if it could be the diaphragm, because it is a very large muscle, and these drugs relax our muscles.

But yes, my breathing changed too, I held my breath a lot- usually without thinking. I remember when I used to drive, being nervous and I would hold my breath and I would get pain in my right side. Whenever I get really anxious to this day I get the pain in my right side.

You could try breathing exercises, breathing with your tummy, first in a chair, and then if that is difficult, lying down. Just for short periods of time and see how that goes. I wouldn't overdo it.

For now I only do these when I am completely relaxed. You can get some of these exercises from youtube as well.

I find though when I am in a bad episode - i cannot seem to do these exercises, I need to shallow breathe and lean or turn to my left.

I have also read that our inconvenience may be due to benso, and our muscles now react in this way.

I have reviewed pages of incorrect breathing. It says you get symptoms that are very similar to withdrawal. Also, you can practice breathing by tapering your mouth as you often breathe through your mouth. When I do, I notice how often I stop breathing. I do it even at night because I often stop breathing in sleep.

[72...]

Yes, and i think stuff like alcohol makes things worse for us. I started having troubles breathing after drinking, and when i laydown on bed, i stop clenching my jaw and rest my shoulders and i start breathing better.