Quotable Quote by You

[Rx...]

I'm creating this thread for your own quick words of wisdom, lesson(s) learned, inspiration, and/or observation(s) to help others here.  Your own words.  Nobody else's.  Imagine your words in a meme.

The words may be mine. But no guarantee I don’t express ideas that’s been around for a long time in philosophy, psychology, religion. Most thinkers actually do it. They repeat a certain idea using different words. If a person comes forward with a new theory, then their quotes can be unique. However,  someone may repeat the idea behind the quote, using different words. I’m not a native speaker of English.

"Everyone has the right to their own truth. And the obligation to respect those of others. If they’re not against ethical principles." [Estée, self-quoter. All rights reserved.]

Thanks for sharing all!  I have one...

i2vD8PB.jpg

Kindness is crucial. - RxD

Update:  Arrgh!  This was an original thought of mine and I even checked first to make sure it was nobody else's quote, then I dig further online and find a magazine article entitled this.  Oh well, I tried.  Tougher than you might think to come up with something completely original.

Update:  Arrgh!  This was an original thought of mine and I even checked first to make sure it was nobody else's quote, then I dig further online and find a magazine article entitled this.  Oh well, I tried.  Tougher than you might think to come up with something completely original.

Rx, as I understand it. It doesn’t have to be your original idea, IMO. Unless you develop your own unique psychological/philosophical/sociological etc. theory.

In the history of thought, certain concepts are often repeated over and over again, using different wording.

I guess the more skillfully you can express a concept with words, the better. Look at these two very similar concepts, conveyed in different ways by two individual authors. Which one do you like more:

"Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction." [Harry S. Truman]

"Done is better than perfect." [sheryl Sandberg]

Both quotes deal with the harmfulness of The 3 P’s Vicious Cycle: Perfectionism -> Procrastination -> Paralysis. I like the quote by Harry S. Truman a lot. However, I prefer that by Sheryl Sandberg. It’s easier to remember and repeat to yourself, when you feel stuck in some project, unable to move forward. The wording used by Sandberg is more concise and emphatic. It may just flash through one’s mind, without any effort to remember the quote. Which makes a perfect quote for everyday use, IMO.

With apologies to Nietzsche...

'That which does not kill you makes you stranger....'

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Had a friend who said about the original quote "What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger" - "WTH doesn’t it kill me?" It was job-related...

I'm really appreciating these submissions!

Estee, I like the latter more too.  I get what you are saying.  I just didn't want anyone to think I cheated.  I would not judge anyone else if they came up with something in their mind that coincidentally someone said or wrote prior in the same exact words unbeknownst, but I am hard on myself.   

Rx, as I understand it. It doesn’t have to be your original idea, IMO. Unless you develop your own unique psychological/philosophical/sociological etc. theory.

In the history of thought, certain concepts are often repeated over and over again, using different wording.

I guess the more skillfully you can express a concept with words, the better. Look at these two very similar concepts, conveyed in different ways by two individual authors. Which one do you like more:

"Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction." [Harry S. Truman]

"Done is better than perfect." [sheryl Sandberg]

Both quotes deal with the harmfulness of The 3 P’s Vicious Cycle: Perfectionism -> Procrastination -> Paralysis. I like the quote by Harry S. Truman a lot. However, I prefer that by Sheryl Sandberg. It’s easier to remember and repeat to yourself, when you feel stuck in some project, unable to move forward. The wording used by Sandberg is more concise and emphatic. It may just flash through one’s mind, without any effort to remember the quote. Which makes a perfect quote for everyday use, IMO.

Here's another that popped in my head...

If only those who minimize or dismiss your problems actually did.

- RxD 

Do we quote here, or do we make dissertations?  No pun intended.  Here's one:

"Standing calmly at the crossroads,

with no desire to run,

There's no hurry anymore,

When All is Said and Done."

ABBA 1982

Do we quote here, or do we make dissertations?  No pun intended.  Here's one:

"Standing calmly at the crossroads,

with no desire to run,

There's no hurry anymore,

When All is Said and Done."

ABBA 1982

Love ABBA!  Thanks, Ginger!  However, this is the thread I started where we make up our own quotable-worthy words with discussion re such cool too (easy to mix up, I know).  There are other topics on the forum for directly quoting others verbatim and I don't want to take away from them.

"I really feel that we are supported from so many here at BB. I feel so blessed to reside under their Wings of Hope and Friendship."~Begood. 🕊