Insomnia and tinnitus during withdrawal after 7 days of using bromazepam !!!!

[Ib...]

I was experiencing anxiety due to personal problems, and a doctor gave me bromazepam 6 mg,  3/4 per day for 1 week.

When the week ended i stoped them,  and the next night,  for the first time of my life i experienced the tinnitus, and the insomnia and now 20 days and my tinnitus still with no sleep .  Please tell me when this tinnitus and insomnia will stop and i can return to my normal life.

Thank you

I was experiencing anxiety due to personal problems, and a doctor gave me bromazepam 6 mg,  3/4 per day for 1 week.

When the week ended i stoped them,  and the next night,  for the first time of my life i experienced the tinnitus, and the insomnia and now 20 days and my tinnitus still with no sleep .  Please tell me when this tinnitus and insomnia will stop and i can return to my normal life.

Thank you

Hi Ibrasky

I live in the US and Bromazepam is not sold here.  However, it looks like 4-6mg of Bromazepam equals about 1mg of Xanax.  So that is a fairly high dose.  The fact that you were only on a week usually translates into a quicker recovery.  However, there have been buddies on this site that took Benzos for 1 week or less and experienced several months or longer of withdrawal.  I don't say  that to "scare" you but to let you know what the reality is.  Whenever you stop any drug, even for 1 week, it may lead to exactly what you are experiencing.  Tinnitus.  I had that, but it eventually went away after about 8 months.  It was my least bothersome symptom.  Insomnia was my WORST symptom and lasted almost 9 months...during that time I had little or no sleep. 

If I am reading your post correctly are you are saying you have had no sleep for 20 days?  Or that you have not received "regular" or "normal" sleep for the past 20 days?

Stay off the Bromazepam and any other prescription drugs and your body will start to heal.  I wish I had a timeline, but everyone is different.  Since you were such a short-term user, I would suspect you should recover fairly quick, but that is not guaranteed.  Most people experience acute withdrawal that lasts anywhere from 30-90 days.  This is a period where your symptoms are at their worst.  They settle down and start to fade after that.  I am guessing your tinnitus and insomnia will resolve in 3 - 6 months?  Just a guess.  I am not a doctor.  It is different for everyone.  However, it my experience short term users, 1 week or less, usually recovered in that time frame.  Of course, there will always be that very small minority that takes longer to recover.

You WILL recover, It will just take time.  Don't put a time frame for when the insomnia and tinnitus will end.  I made a guess above, but I could be wrong.  It could be way sooner or take longer.

Thank you for your response

About sleeping, for the first 12 days of withrawal i didn't sleep,  the 13th day i slept almost 2 hours,  the 14th almost 3.5 hours and the other days 2 hours each.

Those times are for normal sleep when i didn't feel anything, and rest hours of those nights in irregular sleep, i can't fall in sleep without using my earphones with a relaxing music.

Are you a short term user too ?

Yes, I was only on Benzos about 12 weeks or just under 3 months.  The fact that you are now getting some sleep--2 hours or so now is a good sign.  It should continue to get better.  It will be slow with lots of ups and downs.  But it will get better.  It just takes time.  Your tinnitus and sleep will improve.  It looks like you got hit pretty hard with withdrawal.  Sorry that you had to endure that.  Benzos are nasty drugs that affect some people worse than others.  Acute Withdrawal usually only lasts around 30 days for most people.  You are probably nearing the end of acute Withdrawal? 

It is perfectly OK to use earphones and relaxing music.  That is the best method.  Don't take any other drugs to sleep with. 

You most likely won't feel tired for awhile yet, but it will get better.  Your situation is only TEMPORARY. 

The Bromazepam shuts down your Gabba Receptors.  Gabba is what makes you calm and relaxed.  When Gabba doesn't work, Glutamate rules the day and night and it is what makes you alert and active.  That is why you are struggling to sleep.  Eventually your brain will fix the Gabba and you will sleep normally again. 

:thumbsup:

Thank you so much bro.

Your words made me enthusiastic, i will fight until the end of this withdrawal.

Are you still suffering from any symptoms ?

Thank you so much bro.

Your words made me enthusiastic, i will fight until the end of this withdrawal.

Are you still suffering from any symptoms ?

You are welcome.  All my symptoms went away last year by the end of April.  The only thing left is an occasional "off" night of sleep.  What I mean by that is a night of 3-4 hours of sleep.  I get those 3-4 times per month on average.  Usually I get 6-8 hours of sleep most nights.  It isn't a solid 6-8 hours as I usually wake up 3-4 times, but typically fall right back to sleep.  You will get through this.  You have a great attitude and your were a short term user.  Good luck! :thumbsup:

I'm very happy for you.  Enjoy life.

The night off you said,  i think that normal. Even for normal people who don't experienced benzo ever they may experience some insomnia. For me,  before i start taking the benzo i was suffering sometimes maybe 1 or 2 in a month from onsomnia.  That's normal,  and will not affect your performance bro.

Enjoy life now,  you are free

• 2 months later...