Author Topic: Success after extremely difficult withdrawal :)  (Read 4841 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Success after extremely difficult withdrawal :)
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 09:36:06 pm »
Wonderful! I'm so glad to read this. I pray the same for me; the suffering is so long and horrendous....You are a good and faithful husband to see her through this; it is a lonely and criminal thing that's happened to us...I need a miracle to survive this!
Both my wife and also I felt the same as no doubt you can tell. [...] didn't think [...] was going to get through but healing does happen and it can happen spontaneously and quickly some times ( as in my wife's case ).
Stay strong and hang in there ....... you're body will heal itself.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 09:41:18 pm »
Congratulations to your wife -- and to you, of course! It's wonderful to read about such stories of healing after what was clearly a terrible experience. I wish you both all the best!

I'm just wondering....When you mentioned "inability to walk", did [...] have dizziness or disequilibrium that was part of that inability to walk? It's a scary symptom that many people deal with, and it makes it nearly impossible to walk properly due to instability and overuse and fatigue of leg muscles.
[...] did suffer dizziness and disequilibrium but the inability to walk was more akin to neurological dysfunction, I would say and it manifested as extreme jerkiness and lack of the necessary coordination required for functional walking....docs wanted her to be referred for neurological assessment which was more a symptom of their ignorance than proof of their understanding..it was very weird. But more importantly everything listed totally healed eventually.
Hang in there
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 10:05:12 pm »
Thanks for responding, [...]! It's great that all those symptoms resolved for your wife, and it certainly provides [...] to those of us still in the trenches.

I understand the suggestion of a neurological exam, and it's not a bad idea, in my opinion. It's good to rule out certain very serious things that benzodiazepine withdrawal can mimic. I saw a neurologist and was glad I did. Knowing that you don't have a long-term or progressive neurological illness is a good thing!

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2018, 11:56:36 pm »
Hi, I have severe swallowing difficulties and I'm terrified, sometimes it's a tight throat and others the throat simply "not responding", you mentioned [...] had: Swallowing food and fluids leading to loss of consciousness ( very scary )
may I ask if [...] had it 24/7 and if it was ever diagnosed?

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 12:31:20 am »
Hi, I have severe swallowing difficulties and I'm terrified, sometimes it's a tight throat and others the throat simply "not responding", you mentioned [...] had: Swallowing food and fluids leading to loss of consciousness ( very scary )
Sounds like a similar kind of thing. It seems to me that as her nervous system healed it went through stages of symptoms that lasted certain amounts of time before they healed ...... eventually it finished its work and normality was restored.
We avoided doctors pretty much at all costs given their ignorance in these matters so it was not medically diagnosed, although it was nigh on impossible not to have some significant dealings with that world....... ultimately it was all withdrawal and a diagnosis would have been inaccurate anyway, I'd say.
The terrible effects of withdrawal caused by these horrible drugs is reversible and the healing process eventually led to recovery both physically and even more importantly both emotionally and psychologically, thank goodness.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 12:36:10 am »
Oh and it wasn't 24/7 except for a few days..... after a short period of time it stopped and the physical symptoms moved on as her healing progressed. At the time it wasn't clear that progression was occurring but in retrospect that is what happened.
These drugs are scary and weird but withdrawal does finish eventually, I assure you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 09:58:23 am »
Thanks for this story and providing [...], I really needed this today as recovery can seem but a dream some (most)  days!  I'm so pleased for you and your wife that this nightmare is over, go enjoy your life together  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 10:53:27 am »
Thanks for this story and providing [...], I really needed this today as recovery can seem but a dream some (most)  days!  I'm so pleased for you and your wife that this nightmare is over, go enjoy your life together  :)
Thanks for the kind words. I wish you all the luck in the world with your recovery. You will get there. :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2018, 11:33:28 am »
Thank you for your story! It's nice to hear that there's a miracle when you just want to give upp!

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 11:56:36 am »
This is an amazing recovery story! So happy for you and your wife that [...] is well again now. I have extreme weight loss too and saggy skin. I look as if I have aged many years as well. It has to be a great feeling when the horrible symptoms start to subside! I'm hoping for a miracle as well. It is a tragedy that any of us have to live through this nightmare but will be the best feeling ever when it all ends! Thanks for sharing and I'm sure your support was a crucial part of her recovery. Having doctors who don't understand is bad enough and when your family isn't supportive it's devastating.