Liquid Suspension for tapering Clonazepam

[pu...]

Hello I am new to the forum and have recently got a pharmacy to prepare a liquid suspension to taper clonazepam.  I am at 0.75mg that I need to come off.  I dose 3 times per day was at 0.25mg each dose and would like to know if this is a nice slow taper

My pharmacy prepared 2 bottles one with strong dose 0.1mg/ml and the other lower dose for the tapering part 0.01mg/ml each day

Instructions from the pharmacy

Started at                                                                                                                                                                                                                    = 0.75

Day 2 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.9 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.747

Day 3 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.8 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.744

Day 4 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.7 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.741

Day 5 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.6 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.738

Day 6 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.5 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.735

Day 7 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.4 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.732

Day 8 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.3 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.729

Day 9 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.2 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.726

Day 10 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.1 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.723

Then would start again for another 10 days and go the same as the first 10 days

Day one - from strong bottle 2.3 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.23mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.9 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop at the end would be = 0.693/mg

Day one - from strong bottle 2.2 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.22mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.9 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop at the end would be = 0.663/mg

Is this a nice slow taper and they advised if things got tough I could hold at any time.  Looks like its a little over 10% for a month.  Any advise would be appreciated.

Purplelavender

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pu...]

• [Be...]

• [Sc...]

• [Je...]

Hello I am new to the forum and have recently got a pharmacy to prepare a liquid suspension to taper clonazepam.  I am at 0.75mg that I need to come off.  I dose 3 times per day was at 0.25mg each dose and would like to know if this is a nice slow taper

My pharmacy prepared 2 bottles one with strong dose 0.1mg/ml and the other lower dose for the tapering part 0.01mg/ml each day

Instructions from the pharmacy

Started at                                                                                                                                                                                                                    = 0.75

Day 2 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.9 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.747

Day 3 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.8 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.744

Day 4 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.7 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.741

Day 5 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.6 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.738

Day 6 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.5 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.735

Day 7 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.4 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.732

Day 8 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.3 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.729

Day 9 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.2 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.726

Day 10 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.1 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.723

Day one - from strong bottle 2.3 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.23mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.9 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop at the end would be = 0.693/mg

Day one - from strong bottle 2.2 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.22mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.9 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop at the end would be = 0.663/mg

Is this a nice slow taper and they advised if things got tough I could hold at any time.  Looks like its a little over 10% for a month.  Any advise would be appreciated.

Purplelavender

Hi PL-

.003 reduction rate per day is spot on. As you get lower you can easily adjust your rate  :thumbsup:

Okay is it also normal for the liquid suspension to feel stronger almost like a sublingual until my body becomes accustomed to the new delivery system?  Also getting a slight headache and some nausea.  So If I feel off I could hold at a particular dose for a few days until I feel I could move on?

Purple

Okay is it also normal for the liquid suspension to feel stronger almost like a sublingual until my body becomes accustomed to the new delivery system?  Also getting a slight headache and some nausea.  So If I feel off I could hold at a particular dose for a few days until I feel I could move on?

Purple

Others have reported the same thing when switching from tabs to the liquid. It is possible that the liquid enters the blood steam quicker than the Tablets. Like a sublingual. Not sure really.

Nausea is also a common complaint due to sensitivities to the compounding/suspension agents that are used when making the solution/suspension. An alternative would be to take 2  of the .25mg doses in tablet form & reduce from the last .25mg using the liquid. Some folks who are sensitive to the liquid seem to experience less nausea when doing a combo of tabs. & liquid. Just something for you to consider.

Yes, that is always an option! Or another option would be to reduce your taper rate. Instead of reducing .003mg you could try .002mg

Thanks the suspension is Ora Syrup I think I can deal with the nausea as I got that even tapering when dry cutting.  I use ginger to relieve that.  The other question I do not mix the suspension I take it directly into my mouth is this the way it should be taken as otherwise you are dilutating it.  I believe that is the way I was told to take it.  I will contact the pharmacy to make sure but do most people take the suspension directly since it is already mixed?  No I do not want to take my 0.25mg tab and then the liquid as I have dropped already and cannot cut my pills to accommodate the tapering in place right now and I am sensitive to meds so any changes I feel.  If anything if I feel like I am getting worse I can always hold at a dose until I feel able to continue correct as that is what the pharmacy said go at my own pace.

Purple

Thanks the suspension is Ora Syrup I think I can deal with the nausea as I got that even tapering when dry cutting.  I use ginger to relieve that.  The other question I do not mix the suspension I take it directly into my mouth is this the way it should be taken as otherwise you are dilutating it.  I believe that is the way I was told to take it.  I will contact the pharmacy to make sure but do most people take the suspension directly since it is already mixed?  No I do not want to take my 0.25mg tab and then the liquid as I have dropped already and cannot cut my pills to accommodate the tapering in place right now and I am sensitive to meds so any changes I feel.  If anything if I feel like I am getting worse I can always hold at a dose until I feel able to continue correct as that is what the pharmacy said go at my own pace.

Purple

Yes, many do it this way. It you experience nausea it may be advantageous for you to put it into something like yogurt. Doing this will not affect your dose.

So today was day four of my liquid suspension.  Total dropped as of today will be 0.012mg/ml.  This afternoon got extreme anxiety and taking my regular dose did not help.  I also took L-Theanine and that did not help.  I think I should hold for a couple of days at this dose and see how I feel.  I usually feel the drop in 3 days.  Even though its a low drop I do not want to rush things and this is new to my body the liquid suspension.

Is this a good idea listening to my body.  Maybe I will only be able to drop for 4 days and then hold and then continue.  Comments

Through this process I have learned one undeniable thing after failures - it is always a good idea, even critical, to listen to your body.

Bump

So yesterday after holding for 2 days dropped again.  Today 2nd day of new drop and feeling tingling in the body, fast pulse rate, some numbness in tongue and throat area.  Some anxiety.  So far as of today will have dropped 0.018mg/ml and from the starting dose of 0.75mg down to 0.732mg.  I was hoping to try to continue dropping for another four days and then hold.  Are these normal sxs

Purple

Bump

Is it alright to drink Chamomile Tea when tapering of as I have always drank it even before the benzo.  I find it relaxes me.

Purple

Hey PL-

That chamomile tea is awesome isn't it? I used it through out my whole taper with no problems  :thumbsup:

How you doing with your taper?

Hi PL,

I think you should try slowing your taper down a little.  I would go back a few days to where you last felt good and start slower or you could just hold for a couple of days and see how you feel. If things don't get better, then I would go back to where you last felt good and start slower.  You should not feel escalating symptoms with a liquid micro-taper. Listen to your body.

Jenny

bump

Yes the Chamomile tea is  great and glad its okay.

I am doing not bad on my taper I started Jan 18, 2018 was at 0.75mg and now Jan 31, 2018 have made it to 0.72mg that is a 4% drop.  I have slowed the taper down a bit and might drop 2-3 days and then hold for 1-2 days seems to work out better that way for me as I listen to my body as you say.  The side effects are because I am very sensitive to meds never took any except when I was put on them 2 years ago.  I think I felt the escalating symptoms because of the switch over to liquid vs. the pills.  Like I said they hit me really fast and hard like a sublingual and the pharmacy agreed I was sensitive and might take awhile for my body to get used to the liquid.  My symptoms that I feel now and decide to hold are some tightness in the chest, anxiety, and some light headed feeling were its hard for me to think and I am working during the taper as well. 

So if like you say I listen to my body and hold a few days more slow and easy is the pace I am still dropping though more slowly but still making progress correct.  I do not want to up dose.  I know it might get harder as I go lower but like everyone says slow and easy gets me to the finish line.

Purplelavender

bump

Yes the Chamomile tea is  great and glad its okay.

I am doing not bad on my taper I started Jan 18, 2018 was at 0.75mg and now Jan 31, 2018 have made it to 0.72mg that is a 4% drop.  I have slowed the taper down a bit and might drop 2-3 days and then hold for 1-2 days seems to work out better that way for me as I listen to my body as you say.  The side effects are because I am very sensitive to meds never took any except when I was put on them 2 years ago.  I think I felt the escalating symptoms because of the switch over to liquid vs. the pills.  Like I said they hit me really fast and hard like a sublingual and the pharmacy agreed I was sensitive and might take awhile for my body to get used to the liquid.  My symptoms that I feel now and decide to hold are some tightness in the chest, anxiety, and some light headed feeling were its hard for me to think and I am working during the taper as well. 

So if like you say I listen to my body and hold a few days more slow and easy is the pace I am still dropping though more slowly but still making progress correct.  I do not want to up dose.  I know it might get harder as I go lower but like everyone says slow and easy gets me to the finish line.

Purplelavender

I was just offering suggestions.  Everybody is so different when it comes to tapering.  It looks like what you are doing is working for you and you are doing okay so I would just keep doing what you are doing.

Jenny

bump

So I dropped again today after holding a couple of days and have the same sensations as when I first started the liquid 18 days ago is this gong to happen each time as I get lower?

PL

bump

So I dropped again today after holding a couple of days and have the same sensations as when I first started the liquid 18 days ago is this gong to happen each time as I get lower?

PL

It may or may not...just continue to go at a pace that is comfortable for you. It really is all one can do with this tapering. Seems as if nothing is ever predictable or linear. You are slowly making progress...good for you... You will get there...  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

So since Jan 18 when I started was at 0.75mg of klon now I am at 0.698mg so making slow progress but still progress.  Also had a stressful 6 days and last night had a strange dream that I could not wake myself out of felt depersonalization or de-realization.  I finally woke myself up and hugged my dog and walked around for a bit but still feel off today.  Is this part of the w/d and does it go away?

PL

• 1 month later...