Wauw almost a year off and so glad!

[Fe...]

I'm so proud I made it! Thinking back, January last year I was tapering Oxazepam, being awake most of the nights, not being able to care for my baby, not being able to do anything else then sitting on bed, no musscle in my body could relax, it hurt so much! Then I started walking twice a day and doing yoga twice a day. 2016 and the beginning of 2017 where the darkest times of my life.

BUT, I jumped 3 februari 2017! Within 3 weeks after that, I became basically functional again, I could take care of my baby again, I moved back home with her at the end of February.  This makes me so happy I cry when I write it down. November 2017,got back to work, only 2-3 mornings a week but I love it. Sleep is still broken but no more all-nighters, almost every night more then 6 hours total. I thought this would never happen, and I'm so happy now. I am still healing, and I can truly heal from my original illness - ptsd and ppd after giving birth. I am starting to be me again! And I hope you all will get there as well.

Thank you all so much for the support, I've been here to read about every feeling I got the past year and I wouldn't have made it without benzo buddies.

Lots of love  :smitten: wendie

What a wonderful story, Wendie!  So glad the real 'you' is coming back, that's a huge step forward.

Enjoy motherhood and your new life!

:highfive:

Thank you for posting your story Wendie, it will give hope to a lot of people.  I am delighted you are doing so well, back at work and taking care of the baby....Life is wonderful when you get through this ordeal. 

Well done to you Wendie, you should be so proud of yourself!

Magrita :smitten:

[glow=red,2,300]"Congrats".[/glow] Thank you for coming back and placing such a heartfelt wonderful story, of how hard things can be and having no hope...but then the tide turns. I followed many of your posts and am so happy to hear the strength and conviction in your post. "Onward Strong Warrior :thumbsup:". 🕊 Peace.

Hey FemWen, congrats on the success story. How was the progression of the Tinnitus, has it been lowering over time? Did you get it during tapering or after jumping?

Thanx all for all those kind words.

MakelTStaph, before going on Oxazepam I used some temazepam and zopiclon and from one of them i got the tinnitus, mild. It got worse during the oxazepam taper, but eventually got to kind of a stable point where it is still annoying but it's not making me crazy all the time anymore. Sleep and stress are  of great influence on its loudness. Good luck with your taper, and hood luck to all the rest of you who are still tapering or suffering postjump.

:smitten: wenn