Documentary: Benzodiazipine Medical Disaster

[Aj...]

We had lots of discussions around here when this documentary first came out, since some were upset by it. You can certainly search here on BB to find those threads, if you want to read a bit more. Some people had some background on Shane Kenny, the filmmaker. FYI, we found out that the interviews with the two doctors were done quite a few years before the film came actually out.

Shane Kenny kept probing the idea of long-term issues. And he didn't actually show any of the people who have gotten well and moved on with their lives. The skew was negative. So, while it was excellent to hear directly from doctors Ashton and Lader, the line of questioning didn't allow us to see the other side of the story. Clearly, the filmmaker wanted to present things in a certain way, and he achieved that.

Now that Dr. Ashton is ill, I'm really glad that we were able to hear from her when she was still healthy. But I get the feeling that certain things were left on the cutting room floor (if there still IS one of those!) --  or not even probed at all.

Suffice to say, it can be a triggering film for some.

I think the film is on the spot, because the 99% of the general public will say "No, it's impossible it can get that bad!". The blame is very often shifted on the individual, and it is really refreshing to see 2 highly regarded doctors talk about the whole problem and the history of how it all came to be that way. A must view for someone considering taking benzodiazepines for the first time. It has only 15,000+ views, and I wish that more people outside of this community can see this and get educated via that film.

I think the film is on the spot, because the 99% of the general public will say "No, it's impossible it can get that bad!". The blame is very often shifted on the individual, and it is really refreshing to see 2 highly regarded doctors talk about the whole problem and the history of how it all came to be that way. A must view for someone considering taking benzodiazepines for the first time. It has only 15,000+ views, and I wish that more people outside of this community can see this and get educated via that film.

:thumbsup:

Documentary featuring Ashton and another expert.

https://youtu.be/NovJdBu-A2M

Don't know if it's already on here somewhere but thought I'd share it as I found it helpful

Thanks for posting Ajusta.

LF, I believe it was shown in public in Ireland, where Shane Kenny is from, back in the fall of 2016.. Here's a link to a radio program with him as guest:

If you Google his name and the word "benzodiazepine", you'll find links to a number of articles as well.

LF, I believe it was shown in public in Ireland, where Shane Kenny is from, back in the fall of 2016.. Here's a link to a radio program with him as guest:

If you Google his name and the word "benzodiazepine", you'll find links to a number of articles as well.

Listened to it. Medication spellbinding at work. One of the big reasons people get into this jam

https://youtu.be/cwIDfcc5Z3w

So, some are concerned about a skewed message in the video?  Let them eat cake.  The pharmaceutical and medical industries have been skewing the benzo message for decades.  One good skew deserves another.

• 3 weeks later...