Are any of you using medications/supplements for the anxiety?

[ri...]

Are any of you using medication to help with the anxiety? It's been my most horrific symptom. I have it constantly, sometimes it lasts for the whole day other times I get it 5 6 times in a day with probably minutes of relief here and there.  I would say I probably have a week out of the month where I feel semi-normal.

Might have to look into some sort of medication to help me.  It just bad, very bad.

I've been trying the beta blocker propranolol for a week but have nothing to report yet as I'm trying to stabilize on a hold before continuing taper and really test out the beta blocker. I have anxiety all the time but feels more like aka thesis.  Have you seen the anxiety thread?

I'm thinking of trying an AD or some anti anxiety medication thats not benzos like buspar or something but not sure as it can sometimes give horrible symptoms. I don't know what to do the depression and anxiety is really bad, 4 months and nothing has changed

Supplements I use for anxiety include magnesium, l-theanine and CBD oil (mostly for nausea, seems to help with anxiety as well).

I also use remeron for anxiety, nausea and insomnia.

See if you can get you thryroid/andrenals tested. The symptoms of those disorders (also aswell as benzo wirhdrawl hell) are anxiety/heart palps. Also steer clear of sugar/gluten/msg/caffiene/alcohol. They rev up withdrawl and anxiety. Hope you feel better soon

Supplements I use for anxiety include magnesium, l-theanine and CBD oil (mostly for nausea, seems to help with anxiety as well).

Was remeron prescribed as needed for these.  How do you take it? I just take 7.5mg when I can't get to sleep but I feel worse next day.

Was remeron prescribed as needed for these.  How do you take it? I just take 7.5mg when I can't get to sleep but I feel worse next day.

I take remeron every day because the insomnia was persistent and leading me to throw up every night I don't sleep. I take 15 mg and it took me a long time to get used to the next-day fatigue. It doesn't always help me sleep but even if I don't sleep I very, very rarely get sick at night any more. I wish I wasn't on yet another drug but I am fighting to keep my life as normal as possible. I will worry about tapering the remeron if I ever get rid of the klononpin! Doing a very slow taper.

I take magnesium at night and find my morning anxiety is gone. It really helps.

What type of magnesium and what dose?

Magnesium oxide at 250mg

I'm thinking of trying an AD or some anti anxiety medication thats not benzos like buspar or something but not sure as it can sometimes give horrible symptoms. I don't know what to do the depression and anxiety is really bad, 4 months and nothing has changed

I had to start taking just 5 mgs of lexapro rickatu. Now that you have been off benzos several months, a small dose of an AD may help you a little until your CNS can heal from the benzo damage. My anxiety is still pretty bad but the small dose of lexapro keeps me from thinking about rescue doses of benzos for just a little relief even as much as I hate benzos. You can only take so much for so long until you crack.

If I can survive 6 months benzo free, I will slowly wean from the lexapro. I have taken lexapro before. The w/d can be bad but no where nearly as bad as benzos imo. Nothing hurts like trying to come off benzodiazepines.

I take Magnesium Glycinate, 240mg per day. (Pure Encapsulations is my fave brand, you can get it on Amazon) It has helped me so much! I just started taking Promethazine (Phenergan) for nausea and so far it has been really helpful. I also have an Rx for Hydroxazine, I do think it helps some with anxiety but I have to take at least 50-75mgs to feel anything. I only take that every one in awhile. Anxiety sucks!! I really feel for you. It gets in the way of everything and makes me feel like a shell of my old self. Stay strong and this will be over someday.