Burning feet

[Br...]

My feet burn now more than ever.  At .125 Xanax in morning and .25 at night.  I have been holding here because I have this awful burning in my feet that will NOT stop.  If I prolong my a.m. dose it seems to intensify.  I hold my feet to the cold floor constantly and never wear socks.  This symptom is why I initially began using the Xanax and I am terrified it will not stop.  No doctor, psychologist, psychiatrist could explain why this was happening, only that Xanax controlled it.  I am scared that I may never get off this drug because of this problem.  In 2014 I was committed to the psych ward because of this problem. The doctors called it 'conversion disorder'.  Any advice?

• 1 month later...
I have a friend that had developed this due to her benzo withdrawal.  It is getting better for her.  It took lots of time and decreased anxiety.  Don't panic.  Patience is what all of us benzo sufferers have to experience.  The nerve pain you are experiencing is something that many, many people suffer from.  Not just benzo buddies.  I don't know anyone that doesn't have some sort of physical, mental, emotional or financial problem that they need to live with.  This may sound hard to say, but it is true.  Please know that you are not alone in your suffering.  During and after my first taper from the benzo, I suffered from whole body burning that sent me to the hospital several times.  It was like laying in acid.  Every inch in and all over my body!  It calmed down eventually to a tolerable state, but it still hurts all over every day.  My burning gets worse as my anxiety increases.  So, try to relax and don't let it get to you.  It may feel worse with your increased anxiety.  Accept what you have and know that we care for you and your pain.  We are all in this together.  So far you have survived 100% of your worst days!  You will make it.  We will all make it together! 

[6c...]

Lots of people here have burning feet, but from my own experience I can tell you that benzos made it much worse – not better, at all.

Several things that can cause tingling or burning are lumbar spine problems, diabetes, inadequate Vitamin B, or even low potassium.

When it gets really terrible I plunge my feet into a foot-bucket of water, and that gives me some relief. The foot-bucket is just like a regular bucket, but with a foot-shaped bottom so that your feet can fit in it. Got mine on Amazon.  :thumbsup: