16 months off and life keeps getting better!

[bu...]

Not sure anyone will see this but want to update just in case. I am just past 16 months off klonopin and ambien CR and feeling 90% healed!!!

Recently I was having sleep issues and I finally decided it might be coffee. I cut it down and what a stinkin miracle!!! Duh, coffee does disrupt sleep and those of that are that sensitive should not risk it, but of course I didn’t because I am just that way. My mood even feels more stable with less of it. Plus I have interstitial cystitis and it was aggravating that.

I didn’t get to post at Christmas because I was collapsing from an exhausting disability appeal that I won thank you very much! I am now an expert in how to win those appeals. I feel that I am able to work close to full time though but I needed coverage since my appeal started back in 2014 when I was so dreadfully sick from this withdrawal and could barely answer their questions. So now I am working under protected status. Also, I got my grad school application to pursue an MSW in on time so that took a lot of energy. So I will also consult disability to ensure I go back to school carefully.

The other upshot Of all that, I was exhausted by Christmas, but I was able to process all Of that, juggle an insane schedule and only mildly collapse over Christmas. Probably the same collapse any other normal person would have had. I was careful of my time and energy after Christmas and  now I feel amazing, utterly AMAZED at how my life is now!!! Wish I could go on and on but life is busy, so I must end there.

Final thought, if anyone reads this, I am attempting to write a book on withdrawal. A few are out there and I haven’t even read them because it scared me too much. If you have an opinion, shoot me a PM about  would like to see in a book in withdrawal and I will try to oblige If I am any good at it, we will see!!! I hope to come back and update again over next 6 months. But please check my progress log or blog for details about my very slow taper.i don’t have a lot Of extra time to answer questions, but you can PM me if you don’t mind it may take me some time to get to you.

Wishing comfort and healing to all those suffering from this madness, it really does get better!!!

Not sure anyone will see this but want to update just in case. I am just past 16 months off klonopin and ambien CR and feeling 90% healed!!!

Recently I was having sleep issues and I finally decided it might be coffee. I cut it down and what a stinkin miracle!!! Duh, coffee does disrupt sleep and those of that are that sensitive should not risk it, but of course I didn’t because I am just that way. My mood even feels more stable with less of it. Plus I have interstitial cystitis and it was aggravating that.

I didn’t get to post at Christmas because I was collapsing from an exhausting disability appeal that I won thank you very much! I am now an expert in how to win those appeals. I feel that I am able to work close to full time though but I needed coverage since my appeal started back in 2014 when I was so dreadfully sick from this withdrawal and could barely answer their questions. So now I am working under protected status. Also, I got my grad school application to pursue an MSW in on time so that took a lot of energy. So I will also consult disability to ensure I go back to school carefully.

The other upshot Of all that, I was exhausted by Christmas, but I was able to process all Of that, juggle an insane schedule and only mildly collapse over Christmas. Probably the same collapse any other normal person would have had. I was careful of my time and energy after Christmas and  now I feel amazing, utterly AMAZED at how my life is now!!! Wish I could go on and on but life is busy, so I must end there.

Final thought, if anyone reads this, I am attempting to write a book on withdrawal. A few are out there and I haven’t even read them because it scared me too much. If you have an opinion, shoot me a PM about  would like to see in a book in withdrawal and I will try to oblige If I am any good at it, we will see!!! I hope to come back and update again over next 6 months. But please check my progress log or blog for details about my very slow taper.i don’t have a lot Of extra time to answer questions, but you can PM me if you don’t mind it may take me some time to get to you.

Wishing comfort and healing to all those suffering from this madness, it really does get better!!!

That's fantastic that you healed Butterfly! I'm currently going through an intense wave at 5 and a half months off of Wellbutrin and I'm REALLY struggling. When did you start noticing a shift in your symptoms to where they started improving?

Good to hear of your recovery, Butterfly.  We have similar stories with the I.C. and disability and all that.  Hope you have continued good health.  Yeah -- I know about the coffee.  I still struggle giving it up -- and I always feel better off of it.  Confounding.  W

Congratulations— I’m so happy for you and all the good things you have going on. I am 15 months out and also feel that I’m about 90% recovered — and sometimes 100%. Blessings to you!

Congratulations— I’m so happy for you and all the good things you have going on. I am 15 months out and also feel that I’m about 90% recovered — and sometimes 100%. Blessings to you!

This is so encouraging to see Grace. When did you notice that you turned a corner and your symptoms started to lessen?

This is so encouraging to see Grace. When did you notice that you turned a corner and your symptoms started to lessen?

Hellbutrin,

You could turn a corner at any time now.  I started feeling somewhat better around 6 months and by 8 months off I felt A LOT better.  My symptoms rapidly faded during the 9th month and were completely gone by the end of the 9th month.  You'll get there.  You are very close.

Hellbutrin,

You could turn a corner at any time now.  I started feeling somewhat better around 6 months and by 8 months off I felt A LOT better.  My symptoms rapidly faded during the 9th month and were completely gone by the end of the 9th month.  You'll get there.  You are very close.

Hi TheWay2,

I really hope so. It's discouraging seeing that there are some people that report struggling for years after they C/T

So happy for you, Butterfly! You are a shining example for all of us who are still suffering. It gives me strength to meet each new day with the “hope that is within me.”

Sending blessings and love as you pursue your next challenge. 

Tigereye