What advice is needed in book form?

[bu...]

I hope this is ok to ask, I intende to write a book about withdrawal and I honestly am not sure why since I didn’t read any before mine. Reading stories scared me too much, lol but I have friends that keep telling me that I need to write how I overcame all of this.

So what books have you read, and what did you wish they would  have said that they did not? Anything such as traumatizing info. That I should leave out?

Wishing everyone healing, I am off to update my blog and progress log And check into the healed pages!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I have often thought of writing this all down too.  I think for me,  I would just write my personal story.  I have read a few books about benzos.  My favorite one, or easiest read, was "I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can", and it's really an interesting story.

Dancing as fast as I can was a great book.  Suggest reading for everyone.  There are so many books out there on benzo's.  And so many benzo's that do a little something different.  Write about the things that surprised you most really would have been a big help to know before u caused yourself all this horror.  Good luck :)

Oh Jewels  :smitten: Congratulations on your recovery and new projects!! I am typing this in bed from my phone so will get back to you (and give it some more thought).

But what comes to mind right now: I am interested in signs of "returning brain-function". It can be scary as when you start dreaming again, you get all those vivid dreams and nightmares. When you start remembering, you can feel like you are time-travelling, etc etc. With hindsight I'm sure there are many of those scary symptoms which turn out to normalize and give way to normal brain-fonction... And this helps me cope through those difficult months of healing when nothing feels normal.

I hope you are well!!

Great big hugs  :smitten:

Julz xxx