appetite loss

[En...]

Does anyone out there lose appetite when feeling anxious and depressed.  I make my self eat but no desire to eat.  Weird feeling that I just cannot describe to someone that never felt it.  Wonder if my appetite will ever come back, or how to get it back.

Oh yeah. That was me most of November.

Fortunately my food sensitivities hadn't shown up yet, so it was relatively easy to just set a calendar notice on my phone and pop a quick 1-200 calories into me.

May I ask how you got your appetite back

Time. Came back with a vengeance last week. 

Now I'm hungry, and have all the 'correct' or at least legacy signals of hunger from my gut but am incredibly limited in 'safe' food selection. Still working on which ones are safe. 

I'm unable to tolerate anything the slightest bit spicy, and various foods will give me random symptoms such as increasing my mucus flow, tongue burning, anxiety, etc.

Most people, as far as I can tell, don't get that second part, their hunger just returns normally.

This is a new symptom that showed up just before xmass, and hit critical mass on my birthday.

Hopefully you'll just get normal hunger signals back and eat accordingly.

Weight loss has definitely been a problem for me, too!Lack of appetite is at its worst

when I don’t sleep well. I’ve been seeing an acupuncturist, and he sticks 4-5

needles in my stomach! ( doesn’t hurt!). It helps with hunger. He also says, we MUST

eat for strength, energy and vitality, not to mention warding off colds and flu.

I force feed 3-4 meals a day, and try to have a snack before bed. It’s tough but I know

I want to survive this benzo hell, so I can be here for others!

Blessings,

Tigereye