Help with Cymbalta withdrawal

[va...]

I have been off of Cymbalta for 6 days now. Feel like I am back in acute benzo withdrawal. My brain feels absolutely broken. Obsessive, racing thoughts. Horrible depression, physical exhaustion and pain. Ears ringing full blast.

I was on 60 mg then for the past 4 weeks on 30 mg per day and then stopped.

Would love to hear from anyone who has healed successfully from Cymbalta.

Pray to God that this is not as long as benzo withdrawal for which I am in month 8 totally off.

Thanks in advance!!!  :) :)

va

I have been off of Cymbalta for 6 days now. Feel like I am back in acute benzo withdrawal. My brain feels absolutely broken. Obsessive, racing thoughts. Horrible depression, physical exhaustion and pain. Ears ringing full blast.

I was on 60 mg then for the past 4 weeks on 30 mg per day and then stopped.

Would love to hear from anyone who has healed successfully from Cymbalta.

Pray to God that this is not as long as benzo withdrawal for which I am in month 8 totally off.

Thanks in advance!!!  :) :)

va

Maybe you came off way to fast. Golden rule for coming off depression pills to drop 10% every 3-4 weeks.

Love and healing to you

Vica

Thanks Vica,

I think your'e right. I am trying to do a drawing for a project and what's on the paper looks totally different minute to minute. Unbelievable!!!!

Talk about feeling like my brain is broken!!!!

Hope you'r doing well!!!!! :)

va

That was a really fast taper vaartist!!

I know you wanted to get off the medication, but since your cns is very sensitized due to benzo withdrawal this fast taper is really challenging your body and mind.

I can't give you any time frame for recovery except that it will happen. I was only on SSRI's for extremely short period of times (days or weeks) because of the intense side effects.

PG  :smitten:

Thanks Pianogirl,

Yep. I think in my push to recovery I got a little too eager. The mental stuff is UNBELIEVABLE. Thoughts are looping a hundred miles an hour. Every thought, action, is emotionally packed!!!

I will get back on them and do a slow, proper taper.

Always appreciate your support. Hope you're doing well!  :)

Best,

va

http://anxiousinklings.com

I would try opening the 30mg capsules, slpit the medicine in two, and try taking the estimated 15mg dose on the morning for 2 weeks. For next 2 weeks after that take every other day. The following 2 weeks after that every 3 days. That is how escaped brain zaps, and insomnia, racing thoughts, random crying, and the list goes on, as you probably know.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Brain,

I am on the fence, even though I am mentally a basket case after being off this stuff for over a week. I know I should reinstate and do the kind of taper you suggest, but I have been through so many horrific symptoms with benzo withdrawal that I have unwittingly acquired a titanium constitution that makes me want to just push through even though I feel totally broken. It's weird. I have learned to accept symptoms no matter how horrible. Like I couldn't have a panic attack if I wanted to. Just have the mindset that if I die so be it. Been there done that!

Not sure if that makes any sense.

God's blessings and healing to you!  :) :)

va

Well, at least you have some gabapentin to help out. It helps me. I see a lot of people treat it like poison on the forum, but I personally believe it helps whatever withdrawl symptoms you may have with psychotropics. Peace!

I successfully got off 120 mgs of Cymbalta. I would suggest going back on the 30mgs. You will feel better very quickly (not like benzo reinstatement). After a week, start removing beads from the capsule. Open one and count them. Assuming 100 for example, remove 3 per day. Close the capsule and take. The capsule must not be broken during this process or you will have to start with a new one. You should be able to taper 30 mgs in 4 to 6 weeks. Expect some brain fog and reduced mood, but the misery and brain zaps should not happen. It might take another month to completely level off. Good luck.

Thanks Keagan,

You don't know how encouraging it is to hear from someone who has actually gotten off of Cymbalta. I will go back and taper slowly.

The symptoms are unbelievable. It is as bad or worse then acute from benzos. Crazy!! My thoughts are not my own. My perception of things is totally off!!! Feel like a vegetable.

God help me!

Thanks again!

va

• 1 month later...

Vaartist:

I would be glad to connect with you.

If you look at my sig, you will see that I have a similar history to yours.

I finished my Klonopin withdrawal 1-1/2 months ago and want this over yesterday!

But because of my symptoms, I know I will not start a Cymbalta taper for some months.

My worst symptoms are all mental: Severe depression, anxiety and mental fog. I also sleep 12-14 hours a day.

If you reinstate, I hope it brings some relief.

Try Pickleball. Its great and you don't have to be in shape to enjoy it!

TommyB

Vaartist:

I would be glad to connect with you.

If you look at my sig, you will see that I have a similar history to yours.

I finished my Klonopin withdrawal 1-1/2 months ago and want this over yesterday!

But because of my symptoms, I know I will not start a Cymbalta taper for some months.

My worst symptoms are all mental: Severe depression, anxiety and mental fog. I also sleep 12-14 hours a day.

If you reinstate, I hope it brings some relief.

Try Pickleball. Its great and you don't have to be in shape to enjoy it!

TommyB

This is a good plan in my opinion. I didn't start tapering my 120 mgs of Cymbalta for more than a year after my detox.