Author Topic: NINE Years Out (warning: contents may be triggering for sensitive members)  (Read 8018 times)

[Buddie]

Re: NINE Years Out
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 09:19:55 pm »
Hi Ginger, I plead guitly ...2 or 3 years ago I was clueless and judged folks like you ....like what kind of success story is this ?  :(

Now I'm a lot wiser

It’s interesting that you consider having PTSD, chronic migraines, tinnitus, major cog-fog, and suspected benzo-induced dementia to be a “success”.  After 9 years of abstinence from benzos, mind you.  Guess we don’t define the word “success” the same way.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 09:20:07 pm »
Look for my original blog if you don't think this is a success story.

This is a success story?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 09:23:30 pm »
This is what I noticed most: So I'm doing pretty good. There are millions of people on the planet who have it so much worse, for so many reasons. I have a cold compared to most of them. I'm still married, I have grandkids now, I'm working, I have friends. I work out 5 days a week. I'm active. Life is good!

I would love to work out five days a week. Still having flare-ups when I work out. Being that I was only on these pills for 11 months before tapering, and tapered for 8 months (did a c/t, however and kindled off another drug), at almost 46 months out, I realize how difficult this is. You have kept with it and have been working, something I could not do.

I am so, so happy for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thanks so much for coming back and telling us your success story!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Still having problems with coffee, but I wish so much to have a normal life again, able to do things without a second thought.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 09:53:14 pm »
Congratulations on 9 years.  It’s been a long haul for you I’m sure but you’ve made it to a point where you are happy and living life on your terms and that is a success.

You had tinnitus prior to benzo use? (I thought I read that in one of your early  posts).  Did it get worse as time went on?  It’s one of my worst symptoms and I never had it until taper.

I hope your healing keeps on happening.

[...]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:06:09 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 10:16:28 am »
Hi Ginger, I plead guitly ...2 or 3 years ago I was clueless and judged folks like you ....like what kind of success story is this ?  :(

Now I'm a lot wiser

It’s interesting that you consider having PTSD, chronic migraines, tinnitus, major cog-fog, and suspected benzo-induced dementia to be a “success”.  After 9 years of abstinence from benzos, mind you.  Guess we don’t define the word “success” the same way.

I understand exactly what you mean....just surprised that you don't get what I meant.

This whole Benzo issue is so bizzare and complicated.....there is no '' logic'' to it....
mark my word.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 06:40:43 pm »
I'm sorry but this isn't success in my eyes. You're still dealing with a lot of issues even though you claim to live a fulfilled life. This story is going to trigger a lot of anxiety for the people battling with these issues right now. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:45:49 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 06:41:09 pm »
Ginger, Thank you so much for checking in. I can identify with your story. Although not what some would call 100% healed or a "success story" , you got your LIFE Back! It is one of the best success stories and survivor story I have read.

Congratulations. You are one brave strong woman!

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 06:45:54 pm »
[...] and [...], 

Ginger speaks her truth. Honor and respect that. It is her story to tell as [...] wishes.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 06:56:07 pm »
[...] and [...], 

Ginger speaks her truth. Honor and respect that. It is her story to tell as [...] wishes.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 07:43:07 pm »
[...] and [...], 

I agree that is is her story to tell and that we ought to respect it - which I do. (pity we have to write that sorta thing out, to bat away the silliness of 'misunderstanding' - but there's 2018 for ya).

However, trying to pretend that this is a Success Story in the accepted, common understanding/sense of what a Success Story is and ought to be, is merely bending the definition of "success" to suit an individual interpretation - which devalues the concept of success, for all, to say the very least.

As others have said, this very broad (and to my mind, unacceptable) interpretation will cause a lot of angst to those in early withdrawal, whose hope for success is clear-cut: consistent freedom from symptoms and a return of all of their own, familiar faculties.