Just thought I would share

[An...]

I have been taking just 1 mg of melatonin right before bedtime. The 1 mg seems to help me get to sleep easier and get a little more sleep without waking up too much, then trying to fall back to sleep. I am also doing the good sleep hygiene things like going to bed at a certain time and getting up at a certain time regardless of whether I slept good or not. I am still struggling with getting enough sleep but the 1 mg of melatonin does help me a little I think. Anymore than 1 mg tho has the opposite effect and causes nightmares.

• 3 weeks later...

My own experience with melatonin is consistent with yours -- felt like it made a small difference. I was at 2mg for 3 months, then 1mg for another three months, now zero. Briefly tried some magnesium. Did not perceive a benefit. Concluded that, at least for me, no magic bullets out there other than time, patience and zero benzos. Hope your sleep improves -- the sleep hygiene was, I think, the most important factor in giving me a chance to improve my sleep. From there, it is the healing that happens over time.