spiritual feelings

[...]

I suppose we are all a bit delusional - I can hardly tell what's real or not. But I figure as long as you are at peace - perhaps for just a moment, it's probably worth trusting -

My spiritual feelings completely left with the benzos. That's wonderful if you have them while going through this! I haven't told people some of the crazy things in benzo withdrawal. I'd be afraid to be seen as really delusional! (Seeing things, hearing things, smelling smells that aren't there.) If you're at peace, like Catt said, it's worth trusting. Who knows what other people would say. I still haven't told people about spiritual things that have happened to me in the past, however. I don't have the courage.

[76...]

lobo,

I have had some strange spiritual feelings and experiences throughout withdrawal, sometimes bordering on what people would call psychoses or delusions. Like Catt says, when they bring me peace, I accept them. When they don't, I write them off as part of withdrawal. And I wouldn't believe anyone who called me delusional. It's just part of the process. I'm sure it will settle as the brain calms down.

Should I see a doctor, or a priest ?

How about a shaman?  Not kidding here...

(I used to think that if Joan of Arc were alive today she would be put on antipsychotics, told she had gender dysphoria and Europe would be a very different configuration).

There are many unexplained phenomena that defy logic but are tools....

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

If the feelings are spiritual, I'd go to someone spiritual and bypass anyone in the mental health profession.

If the feelings are spiritual, I'd go to someone spiritual and bypass anyone in the mental health profession.

Not wanting to split hairs here but there are people who straddle the worlds of spirit and medical care, and they can be tricky to find.  But oh so worth it once you find them! 

SS,

Have you ever consulted with someone like that? Do you have a good referral?

I have,  :thumbsup: and I've had success with some therapists, generally chosen from the fringe crowd, (with professional credentials!!!).  I've been  trying out different ways to "grow" for long time: there was a time in the mainstream when that was really thought to be what life was about.  I still do!  Yes the 60's are alive and well in more than just my age  :D:laugh:

As to a referral that's something that I bet people can find on their own if you look.....

There's a lot of geography covered on these pages, as well as mind sets....

Wishing you luck with it all...

:smitten: :smitten:

SS