17 months; no changes at all

[Ix...]

On January 10 my wife will be off benzos 17 months. That's all that's good so far. She has had no relief in her symptoms up to this point. I can say the use of Xanax as prescribed and the eventual Ct detox has definitely ruined her life. Good luck to all who are trying to beat this mistreatment by the doctors and drug companies.

I wanted to post something for you but not sure what, except that I have read about so many folks that have gotten better after 18 months.  I hope that is true for your wife. I hope for me, too.  Even my clueless doc said Xanax was the hardest to get off of.  The brain has it's own timeline for healing.  Hugs

17 months is too early to start thinking your wife's life is over.  It is not uncommon to suffer this long without relief but that does not mean that relief will not come.  Perhaps you can join the protracted board in a month or so .. there are also Facebook groups where others are in the same boat.  Beating Benzos Protracted Withdrawal.

Please keep encouraging your wife, supporting her and telling her it will get better ...  she mustn't give up hope.

Best wishes

Fiona  :thumbsup:

17 months is too early to start thinking your wife's life is over.  It is not uncommon to suffer this long without relief but that does not mean that relief will not come.  Perhaps you can join the protracted board in a month or so .. there are also Facebook groups where others are in the same boat.  Beating Benzos Protracted Withdrawal.

Please keep encouraging your wife, supporting her and telling her it will get better ...  she mustn't give up hope.

Best wishes

Fiona  :thumbsup:

Exactly  :thumbsup:

Please don't give up!!

So sorry to read that this is still continuing to the extent it is.

I dipped back in to your posting history to get a better picture but, by far, your signature illuminates the horror story of poly-drugging behind this (including up to a massive 9mgs Xanax a day!) in addition to a shoddy, careless detox of "all meds" in June 2016:

This list is the best I can remember. 1996-June 2016: limbitrol 5/12.5 for migraines. 1999-2008 OxyContin 20-80 mg.back injury/surgery. 2008-2010 opana 20 mg. 2010-June 2016 norco 10/325. 1999-present zanaflex, then flexerel 10 mg, now parafon forte 500 mg for muscle spasms. 1999-oct.2014 Paxil 40 mg. 2000-June 2016 klonopin, Ativan, eventually Xanax 3-9 mgs daily. During the above listed years, I was given nearly 70 different drugs for neuropathic pain, depression, pills for sleep, pills to wake me up, for constipation, etc. before settling on the above meds. Began Xanax taper in June 2015 using Valium. Went to detox of all meds in June of 2016. As of June 10 2016 I have been benzo and opioid free.

I agree with the other posters.

Nervous system recovery from such a wholly-encompassing exposure to poisons, followed by a scrambled, mercenary-style 'detox' could not be expected to be as straightforward as, say, the recovery of someone else who had been on benzos only, at a more 'average' dose - and it might be expecting too much to frame a hoped-for satisfactory outcome in terms of "17 months", under these circumstances.

But she has had windows over the course of this 17 month term and that is a glimpse I would zoom in on and hold onto. Positive expectations for an ultimate full recovery are indicated and justified by those windows - for if there is any glimmer at all, and there is, it is seeded in that. Additionally, with time thus far spent, a great deal of hard work has already been attended to.

Love to you both :smitten:

Thanks to all who have commented on this. I visit bb occasionally and it great to get support from people who really understand what's happening here. Yea we have friends and family what I refer to as on the outside who are sympathetic but really don't know how to relate. I always refer them to different websites to learn what's happening but I feel if you don't become a victim you will always be skeptical. I know people on benzos and can't convince them of what could happen to them. Anyway one of the comments suggested that i might be giving up on my wife. Well I can assure I will never give up on her. Because of her constant suffering, she is always ready to quit but I can only imagine that my constant support keeps her going and I guess the way I can describe it is I won't let her give up. I will always believe the future will be better for her but right now she doesn't believe that. So the struggle continues as I'm sure you all know. Thanks again for your support and hope for better days ahead.  Will visit again in the future.

Thanks to all who have commented on this. I visit bb occasionally and it great to get support from people who really understand what's happening here. Yea we have friends and family what I refer to as on the outside who are sympathetic but really don't know how to relate. I always refer them to different websites to learn what's happening but I feel if you don't become a victim you will always be skeptical. I know people on benzos and can't convince them of what could happen to them. Anyway one of the comments suggested that i might be giving up on my wife. Well I can assure I will never give up on her. Because of her constant suffering, she is always ready to quit but I can only imagine that my constant support keeps her going and I guess the way I can describe it is I won't let her give up. I will always believe the future will be better for her but right now she doesn't believe that. So the struggle continues as I'm sure you all know. Thanks again for your support and hope for better days ahead.  Will visit again in the future.

Good man! I have an amazing partner who is helping me out through this as much as she can. It's very difficult for us both and I will forever be her debt for her love and commitment. I could never have got this far without her. She'll make it with your support!

I weaned off Xanax in 6 weeks,  after daily use for years. I'm now at 21 months off, and I just started to have windows. They Don't last long,  but a lot of my symptoms are lightening up. I'm sleeping better too! Hang in there!

I just realized my wife has been benzo free 19 months not 17. Don't know how I missed that. Been with her every day throughout this process. I guess it was just a miscalculation. Thanks again for the responses.