When is an appropriate time to consult a doctor?

[ri...]

I don't know if I'm depressed or if the chemical anxiety causes my depression. When is an appropriate time to consult with a doctor?

I mean I don't know if this is w/d or if I've actually developed depression and an anxiety disorder. I feel like I'm in acute all over again.

My anxiety is bad. Bad to the point where I wake up in fear, have a panic attack and have some calming hours then relive it all over again a few hours later.. I can't go on like this.  I can't go outside and live like a normal being because I always have intense fear. This causes major depression, I barely want to do anything anymore.

I don't think what I'm going through is normal w/d

I don't know if I'm depressed or if the chemical anxiety causes my depression. When is an appropriate time to consult with a doctor?

I mean I don't know if this is w/d or if I've actually developed depression and an anxiety disorder. I feel like I'm in acute all over again.

My anxiety is bad. Bad to the point where I wake up in fear, have a panic attack and have some calming hours then relive it all over again a few hours later.. I can't go on like this.  I can't go outside and live like a normal being because I always have intense fear. This causes major depression, I barely want to do anything anymore.

I don't think what I'm going through is normal w/d

Everything you write describes 'normal WD' to a tee!

Let's look at it: You were on a benzo four years; it stopped working; you're only three months off; you've been able to sleep (like you weren't able to in 4 years); You've had 'windows' but also a fair degree of 'turbulence' and like everybody else at three months (me too!), some bit of you thinks it might be "something else".

No.

This is recovery after withdrawal. Adaptations that took four years to evolve need to reverse. It takes 12-18 (not 3! ;)) months for that to happen for people, on average; about 2 years for others and more than that for some. "Doctors" don't even get that bit. I would steer well clear ;)

:smitten:

Well if you want to see doctor what you can expect? If you want to know if it is w/d related depression or depression in general the most probable outcome is doc's guess about your situation because they can not segregate wd impact and depression in general - at least this is my experience about the doctors. Anyhow it might be discussion which cools you which is good but typically short impacting help. In case doctor proposes somekind of treatment to help, what it will be?  Maybe new drug? So you need to ask from yourself if you want to try new drug which might help or make things worse. Other options are therapies so then the question is if you want and can start therapy with the doc or without consulting the doc first.

I don't want to sound negative and it might be good thing to discuss with doc but I have felt many times I come back with empty hands and just wasted my money. I think it is typical for buddies to be depressed and/or having fatigue - about 6 months ago I was hardly able to move between bed and kitchen but now I already walk outside, can drive short distances and can go shops so it becomes better over time. I need to trust it will be the case because my activity level is still somewhere at 10% of the pre benzo level.

I hope you recover soon and you depression lifts!

Nightwatch - I know, I have to keep reminding myself that usually people don't heal from this in 3 months. I think psychologically I feel like I deserve some peace and healing because I've been going through this for so many weeks now. There's a part of me that doesn't want to accept this will take a long time. Thank you, I know reversing what has been done is going to take time.

Thomas- Hopefully I'll be able to slowly do those things as well. God, I just wish I can go somewhere by myself again like I used and not have a care in the world. The agoraphobia has gotten worse after I jumped, hoping it will lift in time. And no, I don't want to use medication but the anxiety gets so bad at times that I sweat, shake so uncontrollably that I think it isn't w/d. But  I know it is. It's just that the fear and terror sometimes say otherwise. All the best. 

You should trust your intuitions. If you think you need to see a doctor, then you should.

I am not sure doctors can fix the things you are suffering from.

Look deeper.

I think you can visit a doctor anytime you think you need help. A psych doctor will prescribe you pills, probably antidepressants, do you want to take them, have you used them before. I’ve read they can help people in withdrawal depression, however not all meds will agree with you, sometimes they can make you worse with their own side effects. I’ve considered going down this route myself, I’ve been terribly depressed, but haven’t started them yet. I’m trying meditation, supplements such as 5-htp and trying not to get caught up in negative thoughts. It’s one of the worst parts of withdrawal, the depression. Hope you start feeling better