Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Chronic fatigue syndrome

[nh...]

I feel like I have chronic fatigue syndrome I slept pretty decent and everyday I'm so exhausted I can't keep my eyes open and feel very weak is this common?

[5d...]

I had absolutely soul crushing fatigue, it can be alarmingly powerful, it feels as though you took a sleeping pill or something, or youre under an anesthetic. getting out of bed for work was nearly impossible. its tough, yep.

it has lessened a lot here at 7 months post, though ill still have days of feeling it. it is better than during taper overall though for sure.

Mine is not getting any better at all I never used to be like this probably a legitimate disorder who the fuck knows anymore
  • Like 1

[5d...]

eh, i think its withdrawal, i had it for a loooooong time, i still do, just not quite as frequent and not quite as bad.

but it was with me for well over a year through tolerance and tapering.

never a bad idea to check things out with the ole dr for any health issue if you must but i had this a long time and it is strong. i always told my mother i felt like id been hit by a garbage truck after a heavyweight fight.

I often feel sedated and like I ran a marathon interspersed with better (but not good) days. Very strange. CNS repair going on, I guess.

I have chronic fatigue 4 years ours off Ativan.

I have been exercising rigorously and cut out carbs & sugar. This has only helped minimally. 

Searching through supplements now.

Been taking Acetyl L-Carnitine  last two days.

It has somewhat alleviated symptoms. Definitely have seen an improvement in sleep quality.

"Chronic fatigue" is what led me to BBs and taper off benzos and all meds... it sure can be soul-crushing and devastating as you try to understand what is going on. But post-jump, keep it a day at a time. Symptoms come and go, give yourself some more time. And remind yourself that sleep is probably good for a healing CNS!

Hang in there, something will start to give at some point... it is inevitable!

Hugs  :smitten:

Julz xx

I think fatigue is a way our body telling us we need to slow down so that it can use that energy to heal our brain. Hope you get better soon!

[5d...]

yep rickatu, ironically, i always thought, it feels like a drug induced fatigue, its so powerful it doesnt feel natural.

i remember in the beginning of all this it was a big symptom, before i ever even knew of a thing such as benzo withdrawal.

Its unreal, amazing how totally messed up and awful I felt and just tried getting through life regardless like it was nothing. figured it was lingering alcohol withdrawal and anxiety.

one day im like...what the hell is wrong with me?? :P