Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Dry cut with scale

[Fr...]

I did not take to the liquid very well and would like to do dry cuts for now. I got a scale from Amazon Smart Weight Digit Jewelry Scale GEM20. I am not sure if this is just a cheap scale not having much luck. I got an average of my Teva  brand clonazepam.5 mg tablets of .166 on the scale and want to do a 10% cut so -.016. So with the reduction it’s .150 divides by my three doses is .050. 3x a day. When I go to measure out three doses of cut up pill it doesn’t even make .150. What am I doing wrong? Could it be the scale is cheap? It seems to give different reading for same amount of peices at different times. Does each pill vary so much in weight that you weigh one each day and make a 10% cut based just in that pill? I am having a hard time finding a way to get this tapering going. I have sxs always anyway without tapering and am ready to begin to get off of benzos. Help!!

Hi Jlavogt-

I am sorry that you are having such a difficult time finding a taper plan that works for you.

From my experience those Gemini scales can be very touchy. You do need to weigh each tablet individually as there is generally a variance in weight.

Which liquid method did you try?

My compounding liquid was .5mg/1ml I believe. For water I followed benzo brain on youtube. 300ml of water and drawing 1ml out a day.

Doing any sort of liquid form U felt like I didn’t even take my doses and felt sxs a few hours after taking each liquid dose. I really prefer take the pills so I am going to dry cut for now atleast until I can not cut and weigh anymore then move to liquid when I have to.

I searched some on the site and found where Builder says to weigh 10 pills to get an average and then -10 percent from that average. Then just deduct that amount from your dose each day.Inhave been cutting Up the pills and just waiting a few small pieces to find 10% and then throwing it out I think that is what I will try to do for now as all the pills away a different amount. When I try to measure each dose 10 percent less the scale  gives me a different number every time.