14 months

[in...]

well today i am 14 months off from a 4 months use of Xanax which i used for one (!!) panic attack. doctor said i should use it everyday to help „overcome my stressful time“ in university and work .

i cold turkeyed from 0,5 mg because she said it was ok.

my mental symptoms have lessened greatly, i feel joy. i love life and can laugh and feel again. SO YES. it will be back, and your soul will be filled with so much love again. i can honestly say i am a much calmer person now. i definitely found myself in the chaos.

but.. i am still not really functional. physically i am a wreck. i have two main symptoms:

1. constant swaying, boaty feeling, dizziness with a feeling of brainpressure 24/7 and neck pressure (related?)

and 2. my one sided facial pain, eye, sinus, jaw it feels like my face is tight and somehow numb. ONLY THE RIGHT SIDE 😒

these two have been my daily companion since day 1.

soo.. has anyone had the boaty feeling constant for months and has it gotten any better? it doesn’t matter if i sit or stand or lay down, i feel like my brain and my body is moving.  when i look at some posts here  on bb reading it can take 5 or more years i just wanna break down and cry..

congrats Intrepide!  sorry about the boatyness... I had it from months 4-6 and it lessened.  Have you had this from day 1? I've read from many on here that one day it just lifts.. I hope that happens for you soon.

When you speak of "feeling' again... when did that return for you.. many of my symptoms have lessened or changed... but I still feel disconnected most of the time, and sometimes I don't feel anything, like love or excitement etc..

thank you T1D. i really hope that it will pass. it makes function very difficult... :(

it was an unbelievable feeling and it came around the year mark. i started to have interest in things again, laugh, cry and so on. i know learn how to play the piano, i enjoy music again and films. i am making future plans and so on. i love talking to my friends.

it will come back  :thumbsup::smitten:

I've got the same dizzy / pressure feeling as well 24/7. This unfortunately is not making it easy to feel any joy whatsoever.... but I'm glad you can laugh again. Are you experiencing any head pain at all?

Hope you feel better soon...

Hey Intrepide,

This is great news!  Getting your feelings back is a pretty complex thing, and a sign that a lot of things are working right.

I had terrible vertigo (the floaty/boaty type) in 2016 after I tapered off Paxil.  It lasted for several months  - 24/7 - I had a constant sensation that the floor was lurching away from me or the room was heaving from side to side.  But when it left, it left very suddenly.  One day I had a break for a couple hours, then I had a day with only a couple episodes, and then it was gone completely, never to return.  (Well, it returned during benzo withdrawal, but not as bad, and that's a whole 'nother story.) 

Just be encouraged that it will go, and it will feel so heavenly

I've got the same dizzy / pressure feeling as well 24/7. This unfortunately is not making it easy to feel any joy whatsoever.... but I'm glad you can laugh again. Are you experiencing any head pain at all?

Hope you feel better soon...

oh you too colley. i know it is pretty difficult to enjoy things when you are feeling like moving constantly and you have to concentrate on „not falling“. this is how i feel. i had the dizziness when i was on xanax but i always thought it’s because of the panic attack.

my head feels like it is moving and weighing 100000000 POUNDS 24/7!!

also i was hit with a teribblee wave at 13 months off. i had headache so bad i wanted to reinstate..

it’s so sad because i am so ready to live my life, so yes mentally i can’t wait to live it again. but physically? no chance. i can’t go out in a restaurant or shopping. nothing like that. i even miss UNIVERSITY  :idiot:

thank you, i hope you feel better soon, too!

Hey Intrepide,

This is great news!  Getting your feelings back is a pretty complex thing, and a sign that a lot of things are working right.

I had terrible vertigo (the floaty/boaty type) in 2016 after I tapered off Paxil.  It lasted for several months  - 24/7 - I had a constant sensation that the floor was lurching away from me or the room was heaving from side to side.  But when it left, it left very suddenly.  One day I had a break for a couple hours, then I had a day with only a couple episodes, and then it was gone completely, never to return.  (Well, it returned during benzo withdrawal, but not as bad, and that's a whole 'nother story.) 

Just be encouraged that it will go, and it will feel so heavenly.

hello cominghome  :smitten: yes this is definitely something positive!

wow this gives me some relief.. i really hope and say to myself „it could gone tomorrow“ but sad to say, every morning the same sh*t again.

oh gosh.. „it will feel heavinily“ - I CAN‘T WAIT!  :D i will feel reborn!!

it’s just makes me mad that i can’t do anything about it. i do some exercises but no change yet.

thank you for giving me hope, wish you all the best :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you feeling better.

That “boaty” and “dizzy” feeling is frustrating. I have that 24/7 as well. Mine only kicked in at month 3 and I feel weighted. Like 400kgs.

It is slowly like lifting.

All the best to you.

Glad you feeling better.

That “boaty” and “dizzy” feeling is frustrating. I have that 24/7 as well. Mine only kicked in at month 3 and I feel weighted. Like 400kgs.

It is slowly like lifting.

All the best to you.

thank you virek, i hope you feel better soon too!

yes it is very frustrating because it ramps up anxiety ..