Under .125 Klonopin Club

[Wo...]

Pixie,

I would love to grow veggies too! For now though, I just grow all types of different flowers. Gardening is certainly good for the soul! I enjoy it so much!

Thank you for including me in your prayers. I will be praying for all of us as well! 🙏🏼

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Gr...]

• [Kr...]

• [Wo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Pixie,

I would love to grow veggies too! For now though, I just grow all types of different flowers. Gardening is certainly good for the soul! I enjoy it so much!

Thank you for including me in your prayers. I will be praying for all of us as well! 🙏🏼

Why don't you grow the veggies? Food is so expensive now that I decided to expand the garden a bit more. We planted 2 peach trees and will add some apple trees as well. I encourage you to start at least with some herbs. :)

Yes, thank you for praying for me, too.

I'm almost getting to my finish line, and I tell you I can't wait to take that last dose.

How are you doing in your taper?

Blessings

can someone please tell me if they micro cut tapered the teva brand of K?  The yellow .5 mg pills?

Also, who has done liquid and who cut and dry.  I'm having a hard time.  Thanks. 

yes I am currently "micro-cutting" the .5mg yellow pills as we speak. I'm down to .05mg currently. Kind of a pain to weigh on the scale anymore, but if you're patient and willing to double check and confirm, it still works.

• 3 weeks later...

hoping for some re assurance.... I have been doing fairly well with my titration the past few months. Two weeks ago I decreased from 0.125 to 0.0625 mg ( I have been doing these cuts the whole time). Initially felt ok... starting this past Monday I have had such bad muscle tightness from head to toe I think Im gonna fall over every time I walk. Every thing just aches and feels tight with tingles, and my head had a band around it.

Has anyone experienced this type of symptom? Is it common at the end of a titration for symptoms to get worse and more severe?

Thanks.

I have heard for a lot of people it becomes harder the lower they go unfortunately. You might want to consider slowing it down a bit? I know it's hard when you're this close to the end.

starting this past Monday I have had such bad muscle tightness from head to toe I think Im gonna fall over every time I walk. Every thing just aches and feels tight with tingles, and my head had a band around it. Has anyone experienced this type of symptom? Is it common at the end of a titration for symptoms to get worse and more severe?

hey Hilly, yes! I had this quite frequently when I first started taking benzo's. Specifically for me it happened around my neck and shoulders all the way down to my lower back. Just terribly tight, twitchy, and tingly. Made sleeping hard. I was actually having terrible muscle spasms with it as well. not fun. But good news, I found a fix that's helped a ton! Have you tried magnesium?? Most muscle tightness and spasming is caused by magnesium deficiency at its core, and benzos are notorious for sucking up our magnesium (maybe you know this already). So once I started taking a lot more magnesium (even spraying it on), I noticed major benefits to my muscle symptoms. Here's a couple suggestions:

1) "Remag". (by Dr Carolyn Dean who wrote the book "The Magnesium Miracle", which I recommend. She's a bit eccentric, but her science is sound on magnesium specifically). Remag is a liquid pico ionic magnesium that is really potent. you can take it orally in water or literally just spray on your body (using a spray bottle, 11 sprays equals a 1/4 tsp). It has helped me immensely! Can't say enough about it. I take 2 tsp during the day in my water and I spray on another tsp directly on my neck back and shoulders as well. Gotta be careful with magnesium (especially this pico ionic kind) it can give you a laxative effect (even through the skin if you take too much at one time), but if you go low and slow, it does wonders. Just a thought.

2) If you don't want to do remag, try Magnesium Glycinate. My wife takes the whole foods brand and she's noticed significantly less headaches and tension in her head and neck in the past six months since she's taken it. Not as potent as remag because you lose a bit more through digestion, but cheaper and more readily available. Worth a try.

3) A simple Epsom Salt Bath will do wonders for tight muscles. Epsom salts are chocked full of... you guessed it... magnesium! Soaking for a half an hour in an epsom salt bath allows your body to absorb the magnesium in the salts and can really help to relax those muscles.

4) Potassium supplements also work with magnesium to help relax muscles. If the magnesium alone doesn't help, try a bit of potassium supplementation as well, this can help.

I actually get my magnesium tested every 3 months now, and its amazing how my symptoms correlate pretty exactly with my magnesium levels. If they dip, I get more shoulder back pain. If they're up, I feel great. I'm a convert.

• 4 weeks later...

Pixie,

Why don't you grow the veggies? Food is so expensive now that I decided to expand the garden a bit more. We planted 2 peach trees and will add some apple trees as well. I encourage you to start at least with some herbs. :)

Yes, thank you for praying for me, too.

I'm almost getting to my finish line, and I tell you I can't wait to take that last dose.

How are you doing in your taper?

Blessings

Pixie,

Somehow I missed this previously. I’m honestly not sure why I don’t grow food. It sure would be useful though! Something that I should consider for sure…

Taper is moving along very slowly. Wondering if I should continue to taper until the very end and walk off or if I should jump soon. I wonder at what point Klonopin is really not doing anything. I can’t wait to be done. I am currently at 0.053mg.

Hope that you are doing well!

Taper is moving along very slowly. Wondering if I should continue to taper until the very end and walk off or if I should jump soon. I wonder at what point Klonopin is really not doing anything. I can’t wait to be done. I am currently at 0.053mg.

Bee, I just jumped a few weeks ago at .04mg of Klonopin, and I'm happy to say it was a non-event for me!  :thumbsup: Pretty much just felt like any other cut, and I can honestly say I'm having relatively few symptoms  3-4 weeks out (fingers crossed). I say do it! It's just dust at some point!

Bee, I just jumped a few weeks ago at .04mg of Klonopin, and I'm happy to say it was a non-event for me!  :thumbsup: Pretty much just felt like any other cut, and I can honestly say I'm having relatively few symptoms  3-4 weeks out (fingers crossed). I say do it! It's just dust at some point!

Oh wow! That’s GREAT Agenthall! Congratulations!!! I’m hoping that when I make the jump it’ll also be a nonevent! How wonderful it will be to be rid of this drug! Not quite ready, but soon…

[17...]

I think when to jump is such a personal decision.  I wavered a bit and wanted to jump at .044mg of K but ultimately decided to taper all the way down to .001mg so that if I went into acute that I wouldn't have any regrets.  I'm really glad that I took the extra two months to taper completely off.  My symptoms definitely spiked during that last push from .044 to .001 and I've been doing great post walking off.  My symptoms are 80% gone! :)

You should double check but I'm pretty sure that Ashton recommends jumping at .025mg.

• 3 weeks later...

I think when to jump is such a personal decision.  I wavered a bit and wanted to jump at .044mg of K but ultimately decided to taper all the way down to .001mg so that if I went into acute that I wouldn't have any regrets.  I'm really glad that I took the extra two months to taper completely off.  My symptoms definitely spiked during that last push from .044 to .001 and I've been doing great post walking off.  My symptoms are 80% gone! :)

You should double check but I'm pretty sure that Ashton recommends jumping at .025mg.

Thank you! Yes, I’m still slowly plugging along. It’s wild to think that such a small dose under .044 still has the power to spike symptoms! Wow! Glad to hear that you are doing well with 80% symptoms resolved! That’s fantastic!

6 more weeks until I walk off…if I can hold off and not jump before then. Seems smarter to taper down to nothing, as to not disrupt a taper that is going well at this point. Can’t wait to be done though…

• 2 months later...
Hi! First time over here in this group. I'm currently at .116mg of K. I taper 12ish% every 14 days. You can see my history in my signature. I always love feedback from those who have been where I'm at so if anyone has any, please feel free to pass it along.  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
I look forward to joining this thread. I'm at .179 mg today. I've temporarily slowed down due to increased symptoms while taking the antibiotic cefdinir for a strep throat that won't go away. I already had a round of amoxicillin, and it returned. I'm hopeful to meet the criteria for this group by December. My gosh things have gotten hard in this taper as I've gotten lower. The med just overwhelms me with my main symptoms every day after taking it. I do fine after my PM (slightly larger) dose. Soon...

• 4 weeks later...
Hopefully a Klonopin veteran replies. Any advice on your K taper? What you did right? What you would do different in hindsight? I am at .07mg of K and you can see my history in my signature. Feeling stuck here-BAD symptoms so holding a bit. Would love any other advice. <3

Hey NW,

I’m no veteran, but I have been tapering off 1mg for 1.5 years (after only taking it a few months) and did decent for most (had to hold periodically but was functional and able to work and take care of my kids) But since getting under 0.05mg I’ve had a much harder time. I haven’t been stable since, am on leave from work and resting a lot, meditation, getting cranial sacral, regular therapy, massages, etc and slowly tapering the last bit. I’m on 0.028mg as of tonight. I’ve been exhausted, had challenges thinking and focusing, headaches, and starting today I’ve had horrible stomach issues. I might hold a bit, but it’s hard when you’re this close to the end. Plus I debate if I want to push through and get off while I’m on leave from work (start back at the beginning of the year) But it’s so hard to say. If my stomach doesn’t get any better I’ll likely hold a bit.

Hoping you’re doing better and your taper is going ok!

Hiiiii! Congrats on being SO low now. You are literally almost there and I hear you loud and clear. My symptoms have really ramped up under .1mg. It is so hard to know the right direction to go when considering a cut. I'm definitely dealing with benzo belly and headaches right now as well. This med is barely doing a thing for you anymore. Rooting you on whatever you decide to do and here's to full healing! I have two little kids so I understand the extra effort involved when tapering and caring for kids. :smitten:

Man, both of you have had trouble under .1 mg. I'm not sure what I have to look forward to. I've struggled the whole way down, getting progressively tougher under .4 mg. We also have two kids, whom I desperately want to be healthy again for. I still don't qualify for this group, but I'm getting closer. At .138 mg today.

Caring for little kids during this is SO difficult!! I have a 6 year old who is having a ton of behavioral issues and sensory challenges and my nervous system does NOT handle that stress well! But the good news is I’ve been continuing to drop around 0.001mg most days and not getting worse. I’m not feeling great, but glad I’m not continuing to get worse and I’m getting so close now. I’m at 0.023mg as of last night. I have a funeral this weekend for my father in law (life is throwing a lot at us right now! Been a tough couple of months!) and hope to jump in the next few weeks after things settle down after that. I’m so nervous to jump, but so excited. I just hope I don’t get hit with huge withdrawal waves after I hop. But taking it one step at a time right now!

Best of luck to you both! You’re doing awesome!! You got this!!

I hear you with any extra added stress-my body doesn't tolerate it! I have never dealt with it well but it's definitely an added layer in BWD. I am so sorry for your loss but look at you handling life in the meantime. You are SOOOO close now! Please keep us posted and a HUGE congrats to you. Very proud of you.  :thumbsup:

Caring for little kids during this is SO difficult!! I have a 6 year old who is having a ton of behavioral issues and sensory challenges and my nervous system does NOT handle that stress well! But the good news is I’ve been continuing to drop around 0.001mg most days and not getting worse. I’m not feeling great, but glad I’m not continuing to get worse and I’m getting so close now. I’m at 0.023mg as of last night. I have a funeral this weekend for my father in law (life is throwing a lot at us right now! Been a tough couple of months!) and hope to jump in the next few weeks after things settle down after that. I’m so nervous to jump, but so excited. I just hope I don’t get hit with huge withdrawal waves after I hop. But taking it one step at a time right now!

Best of luck to you both! You’re doing awesome!! You got this!!

Hey KQCO,

I'm so sorry for your loss and the stress of caring for a child with behavioral and sensory issues, but you are getting so close and steadily moving down. That's great. I might have been temped to jump at .025 mg, but 25 days isn't much if things are going reasonably well. Hope you do okay with the funeral... That's hard outside of this. Don't be worried about coming off. You may be one who has a really easy time. If nothing else, you don't have to worry about taking your meds anymore. That's a big stress relief.

Our eight-year-old son sounds very similar. It seems like something happens every day with him. He can be so sweet, but he will fight us on so many things. He is stubborn and wants his way and wants to question why we are being so mean and won't let him do what he wants. He's very intelligent and uses it to his advantage. Meanwhile, his six-year-old sister is super easy and chill most of the time. We're thankful for that. This year has been tough for us too... I lost my stepdad in January. My son had appendicitis in January. We all got COVID in January and again in August. We had to be out of our house for 10 weeks to have our floor fixed this summer. I had strep throat twice back to back and had to take two rounds of antibiotics (different ones). And I just now am getting over the flu that hit the whole family. I'm ready for 2023.

Keep fighting and congratulations on your progress!

Thanks so much H4H and NW. Its so nice to have your support and to not feel so alone in such a weird circumstance that so few understand! NW - I read your note every day the last week, as it made me smile. So thankful for the encouragement. I need it right now!

H4H - your story sounds so similar to mine! We'll have to DM some time to get more into the details! My 6 year old sounds just like your 8 year old and the amount of appointments and stress to try to figure out how to support her are exhausting, even when not tapering! And my 8 year old son is much easier than my 6 year old. Hah! We moved last year and found a huge amount of mold in the basement and had to have it gutted and rebuilt and we were in a year long lawsuit with the previous owners over it. And we've had 6 deaths in the past 2.5 years in our family. Man when it rains it pours, amiright?! Like life has a funny way to throw everything at you at once!

I'm doing ok, up and down. Very floaty head today. Been having terrible dizziness (on and off throughout taper but definitely the worst in the last few months), exhaustion (can't wait to get back on the couch after writing this!) some up and downs with stomach aches, body aches, etc. Good news is I'm sleeping ok (when my kids let me!) and I'm still not getting worse. So I'm trudging on with my 0.001mg drop every day right now.

I'm at 0.016mg as of tonight. Debating if I will drop in 6 days at 0.01mg or take it to the end, but that takes me to Christmas time and wonder if having the last bit in a quieter time (like next two weeks) is better. But hopefully it's such a small dose that the extra week or two won't make a huge difference. Such a hard decision. But grateful after a 2 year process to be so close to being done. I just worry about how I'll feel with withdrawals and how long they'll last. I'm guessing those of us who have had to do a slow taper and had symptoms throughout are more likely to be protracted, but trying to just accepted the cards I've been dealt, and deal with what comes next one day at a time!

Wishing you all the best. You're doing an amazing job. This is incredibly difficult and we are all persevering! YOU GOT THIS!

I feel for you so much and great job being that low. So few understand what that actually means. I ask myself many of the same questions you are contemplating so please keep us posted. I'm at .04mg right now which seems so close, yet so far. I am always contemplating speed, Christmas time with this, 2 young kids, my husband traveling for work, their winter break and how my condition will be affected then with tapering etc. Ugh. It's enough to drive a person bonkers. Please keep us posted and rooting you on!

Hoping symptoms stay bearable for you both as you finish out your tapering journeys. We definitely should DM, KQCO. The rain has not stopped pouring over here. I understand completely. I wish I could just stay on the couch indefinitely until this is over. I'm hopeful none of us have any protracted symptoms.

I still feel like I'm so far away, and my symptoms just seem to get worse by the week. I've had some things get better, but the stuff that really plagues me sticks around and feels worse than ever. I'm moving at 8.5% / 14 but cutting daily right now, but I'd like to try speeding up again to .001 mg / day once I get to .125 mg next week. At some point, I'm going to have to be able to tolerate going faster, or I will never get off.