Under .125 Klonopin Club

[Wo...]

Hey all. I look forward to joining this club hopefully soon. I am at 0.144 mg klonopin and paper estimate at my progression to be at 0.124 mg around September 3rd. This has been so hard as everyone knows. I got off ambien, lunesta, and started tapering klonopin the first of this year. I have held twice, once 4 weeks to taper lunesta, and then another 2 weeks to catch up.

I started dong 0.001 g drop every day DMT taper and in May switched to every other day DMT. As the cuts percentage started getting higher last week I started doing a 0.001 g cut every 3 days. Part of me wants to hold but most of me wants to keep pushing. So look forward to the day to be done with this poison.

All of you are inspiration for me to keep going and keep pushing.

thanks,

seekingtoheal

Sounds like you mostly have things figured out and are doing well. Just don't push it. It's not worth the extra pain. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Gr...]

• [Kr...]

• [Wo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update!

I am at 0.045 Klonopin as of today (DLMT). I plan to jump around 0.03 - 0.025, so I have roughly 2 weeks to go before that point. All told, I will have spent over 9 months tapering this final 0.25 Klonopin.

But honestly, I couldn't have done it any other way. The last month has been up and down, but generally I've been in the range of "Very functional" to even "good" in terms of how I'm feeling. I had a couple weeks of bad insomnia where I was stuck in the 0 - 3 hour range for sleep. Now I'm back in the 4 - 5 hour range, which, as a lifelong poor sleeper, is not a stranger to me at all. The night before last I slept almost 7 (!!) hours, which reminded me that I can get back there as a matter of habit someday.

Symptoms have been triggered by strange things. Last night I ate a small gluten-free chocolate chip cookie and wound up with an earache for hours. I suppose it was the sugar, which I rarely eat. Sometimes I can have coffee in the mornings (a half-cup diluted with oat milk), and sometimes a single sip triggers intense heart palpitations. I will probably drop all sugar and caffeine again as I get closer to jumping.

The biggest thing I did recently was finish the sci-fi novel I have been writing for forever and a day! I sent it to my book agent while she was on vacation; she's going to be shocked when she sees the email... I think she had completely given up on me. Klonopin completely stole my writing ability for a long time -- first my motivation and creativity when I was at higher doses, and then, when I made a 50% cut and threw myself into acute WD, I had hand tremors so bad that I didn't think I would ever write again. That was a year ago this month. I do still have tremors but they're manageable. To have actually been able to sit up and physically and mentally get through the novel was huge. I really hope my agent likes it.

Also:

Dukemonroe - Huge congrats on jumping! Hope you are doing well in your benzo-free life.

seekingtoheal - You're really close to that 0.125 mark! It was a huge milestone for me... I hope it will feel the same for you as well. Your DMT plan sounds good. There's no issue in holding for a bit. I think Ashton warns against holding a taper dose for too long.

Ultra2007 - Thanks for popping in and cheering folks on.  :)

Thanks for the updates everyone! Glad to see the progress!!

-congrats on the book spin

I hit day 12 without Klon yesterday and started into a horrible wave unfortunately… it came out of nowhere. Bad GI issues, depression, insomnia, acid reflux (new), dry mouth at night (new this time around). Hopefully this will be short lived and some better days are ahead. Just wanted to post this update as it just confirms that this process is so unpredictable sometimes .

Dukemonroe,

Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations on your jump.  I am at .006 (my last week of taper).  I am having horrible GI issues as well.  I think it is just our bodies waking up.

Stay strong everyone, your one day closer to freedom!!!

Hey all. I look forward to joining this club hopefully soon. I am at 0.144 mg klonopin and paper estimate at my progression to be at 0.124 mg around September 3rd. This has been so hard as everyone knows. I got off ambien, lunesta, and started tapering klonopin the first of this year. I have held twice, once 4 weeks to taper lunesta, and then another 2 weeks to catch up.

I started dong 0.001 g drop every day DMT taper and in May switched to every other day DMT. As the cuts percentage started getting higher last week I started doing a 0.001 g cut every 3 days. Part of me wants to hold but most of me wants to keep pushing. So look forward to the day to be done with this poison.

All of you are inspiration for me to keep going and keep pushing.

thanks,

seekingtoheal

Sounds like you mostly have things figured out and are doing well. Just don't push it. It's not worth the extra pain. :)

Thanks. Still trying to figure out the balance of moving forward. Some days are ok and some days are rough.

Also:

Dukemonroe - Huge congrats on jumping! Hope you are doing well in your benzo-free life.

seekingtoheal - You're really close to that 0.125 mark! It was a huge milestone for me... I hope it will feel the same for you as well. Your DMT plan sounds good. There's no issue in holding for a bit. I think Ashton warns against holding a taper dose for too long.

Ultra2007 - Thanks for popping in and cheering folks on.  :)

Thanks. Yes I look at it as a milestone as well. Definitely no plans to hold long. I really want to be off this stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

My update.

Officially joining the club today.

Hitting 0.124 mg today. Seems so close yet so far to get off this stuff. Trying to maintain my DMT schedule.

Wishing all well.

My update.

Officially joining the club today.

Hitting 0.124 mg today. Seems so close yet so far to get off this stuff. Trying to maintain my DMT schedule.

Wishing all well.

You're going to knock it out of the park!! Just believe and keep taking a step forward. Little by little, a little becomes a lot! You'll get there.

Hey Treelover. I am doing a small daily taper. I started out daily then had to go to every other day. Now I cut 0.001 g every 3 or 4 days. Basically trying to drop about 5% a week.

How are you doing and how are you tapering? What dosage are you at?

I have been dropping 0.001g on scale (0.000625mg) 🙄 every 4 days.

I use the Oral disintegrating tablet 0.125mg K.

I do that for 2 weeks then hold second half of the month for hormone cycle chaos.

It’s taking tooooo LONG!!

I’m going to push it - went down by 0.004g on pm dose past 2 days. Tomorrow things should start getting hairy. I wrote a note to myself to remind myself that I’ll be ok in about 2-3 weeks.

As long as I can come up for air every so often, I suppose I can keep going.

Current dose = 0.166mg split every 12 hours. (From 0.17 last week)

I’m continually floored at how hard this is to come off of.

Considering a Bob7 method of 0.001mg a day until it’s done. May not be able to continue working, but with current work climate that may be ok for a bit. (Hospital healthcare)

Hi all,

As I continue to cut my dose of theist rat poison Clonazepam, which is now at 0.008 mg/day, I get more and more horrific symptoms. My hands feel like bags of broken glass and pins and needles all the time now. In addition, I am losing coordination throughout my body, especially in my hands. My dizziness is off the charts and I get very little sleep. My skin is numb to light touch, and now even pain sensitivity is greatly diminished. It also has pins and needles sensations and burns a lot of the time. My left abdominal muscle is always tense and spasms when I inhale. At night I get severe abdominal spasms in addition to constant random muscle spasms throughout my body. My muscles are wasting and I can’t exercise because I developed POTS where my heart rate sometimes doubles when I stand up. Just last week I started having vertigo. I can’t take it any longer. I have about twenty other horrible withdrawal symptoms as well. Has anyone else experienced this nightmare and recovered from it? I am really depressed and feel that my life is already over. My autonomic nervous system, sensory nervous system, and motor nervous system have all been damaged by Clonazepam. How can I recover from the damage? Please, please tell me people have healed from this. I am frightened and at m wits end. I can’t take the suffering much longer.

So sorry you’re suffering so much! That sounds absolutely horrible.

So just to clarify, you were on 1mg a night in august, and you’re almost to 0 now? Is that in the same year? If so, maybe going back up to maybe (0.5?) and tapering much more slowly is a good idea. 

It took me a year to get from 0.5 to 0.25mg. I took it incredibly slow but was still able to work through it.

No, that was Augusta 2020. I rapidly tapered to zero over about two weeks and got slammed with symptoms. So I reinstated to 0.35 mg and started a slow taper, but I never stabilized. I fear for my life now. It is way too late to reinstate. I never got any windows. Constant agony and torture. I don’t know what to do now. I do want to live like this anymore. I only got a couple of hours of broken sleep last night, and awoke with severe burning skin. I must be an outlier because I haven’t seen many people in here with severe symptoms like mine. I need help, but there is none. I am extremely depressed.

Hi all,

As I continue to cut my dose of theist rat poison Clonazepam, which is now at 0.008 mg/day, I get more and more horrific symptoms. My hands feel like bags of broken glass and pins and needles all the time now. In addition, I am losing coordination throughout my body, especially in my hands. My dizziness is off the charts and I get very little sleep. My skin is numb to light touch, and now even pain sensitivity is greatly diminished. It also has pins and needles sensations and burns a lot of the time. My left abdominal muscle is always tense and spasms when I inhale. At night I get severe abdominal spasms in addition to constant random muscle spasms throughout my body. My muscles are wasting and I can’t exercise because I developed POTS where my heart rate sometimes doubles when I stand up. Just last week I started having vertigo. I can’t take it any longer. I have about twenty other horrible withdrawal symptoms as well. Has anyone else experienced this nightmare and recovered from it? I am really depressed and feel that my life is already over. My autonomic nervous system, sensory nervous system, and motor nervous system have all been damaged by Clonazepam. How can I recover from the damage? Please, please tell me people have healed from this. I am frightened and at m wits end. I can’t take the suffering much longer.

Yep, I experienced all of that, and I know it's not fun. One day at a time, hold as long as needed whenever needed, distract, and heal the way your body tells you to as opposed to looking at days on a calendar or time on a clock. You CAN do it!!

Hi Ultra2007,

Problem is that holding dose doesn’t help. I held at 0.1 mg for three months, and only got worse. Then I decided to push through, and things got much, much worse. I cut again yesterday to 0.007 mg/day, and felt the effects right away. Last night I had severe anxiety. Woke up this morning after several hours of sleep with severe burning skin. I am truly in hell, and don’t see a way out.

BTW, you said you had my symptoms. Does that mean you recovered completely? If so, how long did it take? Thanks.

Everybody's journey is just so different. We never know. I had my last dose several months ago after the 27 year fun, and I'm ever so much better. I just put my head down during the journey and did what was needed just like you. Sx came and went and all lasted for different amounts of time. No matter how rough things get just remember that today you're one day closer to your finish line. I know it seems impossible at times, but the end is real...sx and symptoms are temporary. I think I had every side effect and symptom known to man during the whole ordeal, but it's all just a distant memory now. Hang on to that and know that it'll be you sometime. Your body wants to heal, so give it what it needs and then ride the waves to the steady shore. You'll do it. I think that so much of it is mental, so do your best to stay in a positive place. Easier said than done, but critical. If you're in hell, keep going!!!!

Wise words Ultra2007. I hit my wall now at .121 mg. Skin is on fire and my head and cns are super amped up. I have been holding for about a week as I believe my micro dry cuts have caught up with me. Holding for another week for hopefully reprieve and then shooting for liquid titration.

Seeking

Wise words Ultra2007. I hit my wall now at .121 mg. Skin is on fire and my head and cns are super amped up. I have been holding for about a week as I believe my micro dry cuts have caught up with me. Holding for another week for hopefully reprieve and then shooting for liquid titration.

Seeking

Liquid saved my butt. Being able to do mega-tiny cuts at any amount you want is priceless and gives great control over the situation. Next!!!

Hello fellow Klonopin buddies,

I was prescribed 0.5 Rivotril (Clonazepam, same drug different name) for ~5 month now + Escitalopram 1/2 from a dose each night.

I started a harsh taper, in about 3 weeks from 0.5 to 0.3 and not doing so well now. Prolonged anxiety till the day, mid / medium depression, dizziness, mild headaches, mild blurred vision.

I tried to follow this schedule first :

Week My dose My Weight (grams)

0.5         0.15

1 0.475 0.1425

2 0.45         0.135

3 0.425 0.1275

4 0.4         0.12

5 0.375 0.1125

6 0.35         0.105

7 0.325 0.0975

8 0.3         0.09

9 0.275 0.0825

10 0.25         0.075

11 0.225 0.0675

12 0.2         0.06

13 0.175 0.0525

14 0.15         0.045

15 0.125 0.0375

16 0.1         0.03

17 0.075 0.0225

18 0.05         0.015

19 0.025 0.0075

20 0         0

As I thought that being just 5 months under this horrible poison, I can go faster, never been more wrong.  :'(

Instead of going a chill 8 weeks from 0.5  to 0.3 I did it in 3 weeks and now I need to hold to stabilize. Took also 2 weeks of holiday to recover.

I will try to listen to my body and not rush this, as this is very important to further recovery when the drug is finally out as far as I seen everyone is saying in the forum.

Cheers :X

Hello fellow Klonopin buddies,

I was prescribed 0.5 Rivotril (Clonazepam, same drug different name) for ~5 month now + Escitalopram 1/2 from a dose each night.

I started a harsh taper, in about 3 weeks from 0.5 to 0.3 and not doing so well now. Prolonged anxiety till the day, mid / medium depression, dizziness, mild headaches, mild blurred vision.

I tried to follow this schedule first :

Week My dose My Weight (grams)

0.5         0.15

1 0.475 0.1425

2 0.45         0.135

3 0.425 0.1275

4 0.4         0.12

5 0.375 0.1125

6 0.35         0.105

7 0.325 0.0975

8 0.3         0.09

9 0.275 0.0825

10 0.25         0.075

11 0.225 0.0675

12 0.2         0.06

13 0.175 0.0525

14 0.15         0.045

15 0.125 0.0375

16 0.1         0.03

17 0.075 0.0225

18 0.05         0.015

19 0.025 0.0075

20 0         0

As I thought that being just 5 months under this horrible poison, I can go faster, never been more wrong.  :'(

Instead of going a chill 8 weeks from 0.5  to 0.3 I did it in 3 weeks and now I need to hold to stabilize. Took also 2 weeks of holiday to recover.

I will try to listen to my body and not rush this, as this is very important to further recovery when the drug is finally out as far as I seen everyone is saying in the forum.

Cheers :X

Like it's been said here many times, "heal faster than you taper". We've all learned a powerful lesson. Our best to you!

Hello K people.

I am going to try to transition to V to finish out my taper.

Pretty scared, but hopeful 👍🏻

Hoping the floaty boaty feelings get better when I’m off K.

Skurrd.