Under .125 Klonopin Club

[Wo...]

Hi,

Does anyone know if .0875 is a small dose. I think I calculated that right. My dose w4ighs .50 on my scale. Ive been holding 4 months. My gabsp was dropped a month ago. Feeling better. Am I wasting time staying on such a small dose.

Like you I was on Klonopin for over a decade.

I do think 0.0875 mg is significant.  I took about 2 months to finish my taper when I was at that level.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Gr...]

• [Kr...]

• [Wo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. I just got nervous. Maybe I should wait a little more time because of the dumb gabap drop last month. I have increased anxiety and confusion. That's awesome! 2 months, I hope I can do that too! Thank you so much!!

OK. I just got nervous. Maybe I should wait a little more time because of the dumb gabap drop last month. I have increased anxiety and confusion. That's awesome! 2 months, I hope I can do that too! Thank you so much!!

Yep, when the sx hit then I've learned to hold regardless of the time period. Whatever it takes to get solid again before moving on. You're almost there!! Enjoy the taste of your success and hard work...

Thanks Ultra! I'll be holding! Lol. We will get there! Sometimes I can't believe how Ive ever made it this far! So close! I hope its not to bad for us when we are off. Whatever it is we will handle it! Thank you!!

Thanks Ultra! I'll be holding! Lol. We will get there! Sometimes I can't believe how Ive ever made it this far! So close! I hope its not to bad for us when we are off. Whatever it is we will handle it! Thank you!!

:smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi ! Newish around here. Short term user who had her life flipped upside down like many. Didn’t realize I had come dependent and like anyone else who didn’t know about tapering I went into a panic and tried tapering as fast as possible to get off this drug. Anyway Started at  .5  am and pm for 21 days. Then cut to .05 while trying to take Zoloft for 2 weeks (stopped Zoloft at day 11 .. bad bad) this was in July. At the start of September I got down to .125 ( painfullly got there) decided to do a 50 day liquid titration and  be done(1ml out a day). It actually wasn’t too bad had a couple weeks where I was okay. Functional. Then getting into the 20’s starting getting rough. Held at 28 ml for 10 days then took out a couple more. So I’m here at 30 ml out (.05)And holding ... experiencing not great symptoms.. Sleep is okay. Guess just looking for a little support. I’m starting to become accepting of my situation. But it’s at times hard. Any advice ?

Hi everyone,

I have a question. I feel terrible, braindead, sad, can't think or I want to burst into tears. I've never felt this way in my entire life. I dropped my gabap by 300 aug 17. I thought it might have been making me sick, idk. Dr said I would be ok, I shouldn't have listened. I have been holding my k since may, I think. Does anyone think I might feel better if I taper. Maybe I'm hitting tolerance again. Thanks all mm I appreciate any help.

Hey, everybody.

Two months ago I jumped from .0147mg, and life immediately became so much better. Some days, I’m more easily able to come up with the right words than others. Some days, I have more energy than others. And some days, I can fall asleep much easier than others. But there has not been one day post-jump that I would even come close to trading for any of my taper days.

I have noticed people feeding me the word I can’t think of in conversations a couple of times, and I hope that gets better soon. My mind used to be quick before tapering. I know it’s just a matter of time before it all comes back, though. Bob, did you have to deal with this much?

The “insomnia” I have now is nothing like the Insomnia I suffered from throughout my taper. Before, I was unable to drop off to sleep, or stay asleep longer than 15 minutes, at times, even when I was exhausted. Now, the worst case scenario is that I’m not tired when I should be. I feel bad even mentioning it, though, since it’s infinitely better since my jump.

The greatest thing in the world has been experiencing my brain relearning to sleep, and to imagine, and daydream, and meditate, and experience joy, and emotions. I get teary-eyed a lot now just watching commercials, or seeing things on Facebook about people’s pets, or acts of heroism, but it’s actually really nice feeling things again, so I’m fine with it.

I wish I had started microtapering much earlier than I did, probably in January of this year, when I was at .75 mg, or maybe when I hit .50. Microtapering made my taper so much more smooth and bearable. Breaking a .25 mg cut up into days, or weeks, rather than doing it all at once, getting hit with side effects, and holding for a month or more to stabilize is no way to live. A steady decrease is where it’s at.

I hope everybody here is doing well. If you’re in the middle of it, keep moving forward. You have to go through it to get through it. And when you’re done, you’ll realize how well it was worth it.

Good vibes and love to all!

Hi love isalluned,

Congrats! That is awesome. Maybe ill do a micro taper for the rest ofmy dose. My sx are pretty bad now. I an not thinking clearly. I did drop my gaba aug 17 so that didn't help. Sometimes I wonder if I should just taper off the rest and maybe I'll feel better.  Idk. So happy you doing well!

Dehytq2, I had a couple of instances during my taper where I felt the way you describe feeling: listless, depressed, despondent, and it always happened when I was holding for a while. The worst one was in April, after I had cut from .5 to .25 in March. I held for a long time, and felt like I never got “right” again. After a while, I decided to cut again, but a lot less, and that made the difference. I immediately felt better.

When you get to the lower levels, the Klonopin isn’t doing much for you anymore, and your body gets used to it a lot quicker.

Once I started cutting the equivalence of .001 per day after I got to .05mg (I actually cut .003 every 3 days, because I was dry measuring) my withdrawal s/x reduced drastically. And even though I was terrified to reach the end, that’s when the real healing began.

It’s different for everyone, but your body will let you know when something needs to change.

Thanks love is all ed! Thats how I feel! Im going to try that, I've ben holding for 5 months. Howsoever the cut was outrageous. I didn't know that about klonioin. Im going 5o dothis slowly like you . So you cut .001 a day everyday, sorry my mind is much, lol

Thanks! 8ll probably wait a little longer,  because of the gaba drop, ugh.  This is tiring. I don't even have the brain to put the taper together. Though, I am excited. This is a good plan. I hope you are still felling ok.

• 5 weeks later...

It’s been 3+ months (94 days) since I took my last dose of Klonopin.

My taper was pretty bad. I was definitely kindled. 6.5 years of Klonopin and 10 years of Zolpidem, with a ton of alcohol mixed-in.

My withdrawal has been beautiful. I’m still slow on being able to recall specific words, and my memorization skills are down. There is some lingering depression, some lethargy, and a little bit of anxiety from time-to-time, but honestly, nothing worse than I had before I started the Kolonopin.

The Klonopin use and taper damaged some areas of my brain, but I know they’re healing: I feel better every day. Also, I’ve had 3 or 4 days where I feel *absolutely perfect*. Like, 18 years old, and ready to fight the world perfect. Those days are so wonderful, they’re almost too much to take.

tl;dr: tapering is a hell I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. Withdrawal is the heaven we all deserve.

Hang in there. It is so very worth it.

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone had flu like sx. I went to thecdr. Last week.  He said I had an ear iinfection . I 2as testes for covid it came out neg. He gave me antibiotic ear drops. Ive been using them since Friday.  My scratchy thoat is gone.  My ear still hurts like a shooting cramp and into my jaw and neck. Imaj achy, week, I literally can't walk around.  The sweating is unbelievable. Could this be wd. The weird thing is im not tired. Thank you.

I have had a sore throat for three days and my ears also hurt off and on.  Like you, I’m wondering if it maybe a cold?  Doesn’t fly come with a fever?  I have not had a fever, yet..

Hi sea,

The flu would have e a fever. This must be a cold, idk. Its crazy. Maybe its a mix of sx and a cold and stress.  No cough. I hope you feel better soon. Ive had this a couple. Weeks. Its def better than it was.

Hmm, I am thinking if it does not resolve I will get a covid test to be on the safe side.  So stressful being on this drug and knowing that anything that may require an antibiotic or steroid will upset the cart (torture).  Feel better soon, let me know if it resolves for you!

Yesterday, I cut to .0176 mg, which is .06 g crushed-up pill weight.

There is .7 g of salt in a McDonald’s salt packet. So, I’m taking less than one-tenth of the amount of salt in a McDonald’s salt packet worth of Klonopin. I don’t know why that’s so significant to me, but it is. When I think back to taking 3 mg a day for so many years, and what one daily dose of that would look like all crushed up, it makes me sick. I’m amazed I could function from day-to-day.

Haha, I get it. I’m at .05 and it’s crazy how little powder is on that scale now. I followed a taper plan and checked off the days and ... I can’t believe the end is coming up.

My covid test was negative,  I now have this crazy wheezing that continues.  It must be part of the withdrawal.  I have intense sweating whenever I make a cut.

Hope everyone is well.

Hi sea,

Phew! I swear I had that too. I dont know if it was a cold or what.  I still have the sweating. Though I have some energy back and the flush feeling has left. I hope you feel better soon. Let us know.