Under .125 Klonopin Club

[Wo...]

Barbara-  I wish you a smooth finish to crossing over fully to valium.  I've seen you ask for math help with this and I don't fully understand it so I hope you get your help.  :D

So, I'm here a week now at .115mg a day.  am going to cut another .005mg tonight and go to .110mg.  Small but steady wins the race.  I'm a bit frustrated that even at this rate, .005mg a week, it will take me 23 weeks to finish this taper.  And, as we all know, these tapers always seem to take longer than any schedule we have made up. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Gr...]

• [Kr...]

• [Wo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Barbara, oops I didn’t see your signature and didn’t realize you are also on the Valium. I have no recommendations one way or the other everyone is so so different. Do what feels right for You it’s always worth it to try. Greencup way to go on slow and steady. I can relate to the impatience and I see so many people who jumped or did a CT being sick for years so I think we will be thankful for the pace in the long run (fingers crossed). I cut my dose .001 grams too small tonight but I decided what the heck and just went with it so I’m now down to .046. My “plan” is to slide off at .025 so I’m close. I do have some sxs today for the first time in awhile. Just a bit of the benzo flu stuff but minor. I actually hope it’s benzo flu and not the flu!! I can work with the benzo stuff but a real flu would put me in bed and I don’t want that. The insomnia I was dealing with seemed to be hormone related. I had so many crazy hormone issues for over a month. Either benzo related or perimenopause or both but it seems to have passed for now. How’s everyone else?

Well last night made another cut, and I'm down to .100mg now.  I'm not feeling great, tbh.  But I am functional...for now.  My kid is refusing to go to school and I can't help but feel like this is somehow related to my withdrawal.  It's very stressful.

Wow Greencup, you are moving along now.  Good for you.  I'm sorry about your kid.  Parenting through this is incredibly hard.  For me, the difficulty revolves around not having enough emotional and physical energy (well mental too) to deal with normal parenting stressors that I know I'd be able to handle just fine without the effects of the medication.  When the stressors become even more serious (their health, behavior or emotions) it really affects my physical system and seems like an impossible task.  Somehow, we get through it though.  Hugs to you!

Well, I have had a very difficult month.  I've been pretty much homebound, unable to work, relying on my husband and parents to drive my children, grocery shop, etc.  One of the hardest parts of this experience has been having to ask for help.  I hate it (asking).  But I'm grateful I have help.  I have been incredibly fatigued and have horrible nerve issues, as well as light and sound sensitivity.  I feel like it's starting to improve.  I was able to drive today and do housework, etc.  My current plan is to hold at .085 until I'm feeling semi-functional and then start cutting again.  I wasn't expecting to have such a setback after being quite functional throughout the month of December.  Don't know if I cut too quickly, had a virus in addition to withdrawal, or was just in major healing mode.  I feel like I am going sooo slow with this taper.  I started at .25 a year ago...such a low dose for it to be taking so long.

Thanks Kristin for writing back.  You are so smart to hold.  I am also thinking of holding at this dosage, but it also just feels crazy to hold at such a low dosage. 

I think I am at the brink of being nonfunctional.  I have to go to meeting at my son's school next week about his anxiety about school.  I looked up school refusal and saw that they suggest benzos and ssris for kids for this.  This made me so upset and angry.  I'm not going to drug my kid.  I know that it is just a suggestion but I am just angry that it is or seems like the #1 goto these days.  I tell you, my kid may be one of the few that ends up NOT on pharmaceuticals as a child.  At least that is how I feel.

I have an acupuncture appointment on Friday and I am going to make more appointments closer together, since so far, it's the only thing that has really helped with sleep and muscle pain. 

Well, I gotta say, today was  a pretty good day.  I actually felt better today than I did all of January, which is strange because I resumed my taper in January.  I am definitely going to keep making cuts and I may just even speed it along a bit, since things are going pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone I’ve been off the grid for a few weeks because I’ve been feeling relatively normal. Feeling this way kind of snuck up on me and before I knew it I was interested in so many other things I forgot all about withdrawal support groups. I am now down to .03/.04 (somewhere in the middle). Today, however, I am in bed feeling no so great. I got my period and feel like I may have a cold or flu and so some sxs are back like dizziness, general malaise, derealization. I am telling myself this is temporary and not to get discouraged. I know where to go for support and how I’ve gotten through much more than this and so I will again. How are y’all doing? Green cup how is the speed up on the taper?

Hey Wonderwoman!  Nice to hear you have been feeling normal.  That is super awesome! 

I had my period last week and boy, I was so emotional before hand, super pms happening for me.  Then physically I also felt awful.  I can say that yesterday I felt pretty good after my period was finally over.  So I hope it is the same for you.  :hug:

I am now at .085mg of k and I am feeling *okay*.  My husband is interviewing with a new office in a new city, and so far it looks really good.  If all goes well, we are going to be moving to a new city, in May.  I am very concerned about being responsible for this move during withdrawal. 

However, I feel like January was hard, but February has gotten slightly better with my emotions.  So maybe, I had to go through whatever that was, regardless of my cutting down since January.  Party of me says to go very very slow, cause I don't want to screw things up and make moving harder, and another part of me says to just hurry up and be off this stuff already so I can have 3 months out when I have to pack everything. 

I'm not sure what is the right thing to do. 

Hey Buddies, I am not sure if I qualify here but would like to join. I tapered off K too quickly so I am having a rough go. I have PMS for the first time sober in 7 years and I am starting to believe the bad things. Best to All!

Just checking in.  I had a brief window this weekend which was unexpected and quite lovely.  My daughter had a competition all day Saturday and then Sunday we went out to a little park festival.  That is way more activity then I'm used to and I felt pretty good.  Not free of symptoms but they were manageable.  I cut again on Sunday and have felt bad since Tuesday.  The little window gave me hope though.  I wish it would have lasted longer but it didn't.  My cuts are so small (.003mg) and I feel like I need to just keep moving down while remaining semi-functional.

Kristin- that sounds lovely- spending a day in the park with your daughter.  It's been a week since I cut last, and my cuts area also small, .005mg, but I think I might hold here for another week.  I just have such a hard time believing and understanding that these tiny cuts are something I can even feel at all. 

Kristin and Greencup,

I too am tapering in extremely small increments each week of Klonopin. In March it will be one year of trying to taper off it.  The lower I go the more horrific the s/x become.  I have no stamina whatsoever. My pain on most days is a nine.  Ten, being natural childbirth which I had years ago. And now, I have stomach issues.  I just am beginning to wonder if I am prolonging this agony?

I wonder if I should just jump?  I am at 4 ml. of Klonopin out of 100 ml. of a 1 mg pill. 

Hoping to be off,

Somedaysoon

Hi everyone, I relate to everything you all are saying. I also am going really slow with tiny little cuts. I am now at .037 and I thought I’d jump at .025 but if I feel this bad with just itsy bitsy cuts I can’t imagine the sxs I’d get stopping at .025. I almost wonder if I’ll just go down to 0. I have been feeling a bit impatient because I have only taken klonopin to get off benzos and I was never a daily user. It was just Ativan prn for a couple years then a failed CT and reinstated in the ER without knowing I was in withdrawal. I know I need to get back to radical acceptance and remember how far I’ve come. I took a picture of the 1 mg (2 .5 mg pills) and a picture of the .037 and compared them and it was like WOW I’ve come so so far in 9 months. The end is just around the corner for all of us. I hope to stabilize here for another few days then cut a tiny bit more. It’s been hard to work but I’m holding on for dear life to my job! Best to all!

Hi All,

I'm a little late to the club but I'm doing a pretty fast taper.  I took .5mg for four weeks in January.  My doctor advised just stopping it, but based on some of my reading and a previous bad w/d experience I decided to taper.  So, I've been tapering pretty fast over the past three weeks.  Last night I dropped from ~.1mg to .0625.  I'm dry cutting so my doses aren't exact.  I make sure that the current dose is smaller than the previous if I make a cut.  Today I have tremors, headache, muscle soreness.  Most symptoms don't seem to last more than a few days except for insomnia and tinnitus which have been constant.  I'm going to continue at the schedule that I've set and finish in three days. I don't want to taper longer than I've been on klonopin.  Originally I planned to do 7 days at .125 and then jump.  I've altered it a bit and make a few more smaller cuts and will jump at .03 next week.

Wonderwoman- that sounds very reasonable.  That's so crazy you took ativan as needed but went through withdrawal anyways.  I used to take up to 1mg of klonopin extra, above my 2.5mg dose, as needed, and now I can't even come off of .085mg?  It's just so crazy. 

Heather43-  Welcome! That does sound like a fast taper.  How are you feeling?

I have been at .085mg now for 10 days and I'm sort of stabilizing.  I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and I'm very excited to get that over with and have my tooth not hurt anymore when I chew my food.  I'm not sure when I am going to cut again.  After 10 days of holding, I don't really feel all that different.

Hi GreenCup-

I'd been doing OK up until yesterday.  I wasn't too bad during the day with upset stomach and some anxiety, but last night was pretty bad.  I've been struggling with insomnia and last night only got 1-2 hours of sleep.  I took a couple of doses of zzquil but it didn't help.  I was alternating being sweating and having the chills and also have skin burning/tingling. 

I had trouble finding the right way to taper with my 4 week use.  I had recommendations everywhere from a shorter than 3 week taper to using the ashton method.  I was also advised to taper less time than my original use.  My doctor said to just quit or use half a pill every other day and then quit.  So, I put my three week plan out there on the board and had positive response.

I was planning on finishing tonight.  I'm dry cutting so I'm not exactly accurate with my dosage, but I think that I'm on .03 now.

Well I'm still on this .085mg.  I sort of think this hold is doing nothing since I don't feel any different.  It's so hard to make plans around a taper.  UGH.  I want to go and see my parents and help my Mom out in two weeks.  It will take a six hour drive to get there.  I just really don't want to be feeling anxious the whole drive or sick or anything nasty. 

Hi everyone. I relate to the insomnia! I didn’t fall asleep until 6am and only slept two hours yikes. I was supposed to be in a 5 day training but didn’t go and now am taking the time off to rest. Green cup I totally hear you about not feeling different after a 10 day hold it can take awhile to stabilize. I went for a long walk and cleaned the house now I am going to lay down and meditate for awhile and see if I can calm my nervous system down. Really glad we have this little group who are on a small dose it helps.

Alright, I've cut another .005mg and I'm down to .080mg of k now.  I don't believe I am feeling this cut but on the 3rd day, today,  I woke up and I felt SO ANGRY.  I'm so glad it is a weekend cause I was able to smoke some cannabis and calm down, first thing in the morning.  I don't really like to do this, but I'd rather that, than be so angry. 

I have an acupuncture appointment tomorrow and I'm so excited.  Acupuncture is the only thing that really helps with my shoulder pain and I think it helps me get angry less. 

Hi.

Got off my last little crumb of klonopin about 5 or 6 days ago, still on small dose valium,tho.  Have been incredibly depressed and very bad sleep (the latter probably causing the former and always been my primary problem).  Any ideas?  Not only can't function, not really thinking about functioning... so this is worse...

Well I have no energy anymore and all I want to do is sleep. I can sleep.  OMG!  I can't even believe it.  I think maybe my body is catching up on sleep.  I feel too tired to do anything this week.  I'm supposed to go visit my mother next week and I can't even think about it now.  I feel too tired to do it at all.