Under .125 Klonopin Club

[Wo...]

Hi everyone

Not sure how many people here qualify but even if there are just a few of us hopefully we can support each other to the finish line.

I’d love to know what dose you are at and your taper method and maybe what plans you have for the finish. Jumping off or walking off at crumbs?

I’m doing a slow taper with longer holds using a gram scale. Just went down to .05 and change. At this low a dose I feel everything so I’m going slow and also want off. I am really learning patience.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Gr...]

• [Kr...]

• [Wo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi nice to meet you. So glad someone replied!

Congratulations on getting so low it’s a huge achievement.

I hear you about not looking forward to another cut I can relate.

I’m so low now and yet it still feels like an eternity before this will all be behind me.

Here’s to going slow and listening to our bodies.

:thumbsup:

Don't know if I qualify.  On teense of  klon, but I was switching to valium but never quite completed that.  So about 4 mg valium.

Think I don't quite make it....

Hello!  I qualify for this club. :) I've been tapering off .25mg since January 2017.  In May I started a dry-cut taper using a gram scale.  I'm currently at .088mg and it feels like it is taking forever.  My last few cuts have been 3% reductions because I was unable to handle much more.  My current strategy is to cut 1mg of the pill weight per week which will gradually increase the percentage of the cut.  This would take 4-5 more months to get to the point where I think I might walk off, which would be .03.  But I have pretty much honored my symptoms throughout this horrific journey, holding when necessary, so if my body tells me even this is too fast, it could take even longer.When do you plan to jump, Wonderwoman?

I am here too....trying to get off the last bit of Klonopin.  I have not had one day symptom free since I have been on Klonopin for 10 yrs.  I have been stuck now at 7 ml for several weeks now.  Physical symptoms have actually gotten worse. Which is why I am afraid of tapering

down any less.  Fortunately some of the mental symptoms are letting up.

I pray to be off of this stuff,

Somedaysoon

Wonderwoman,

Wow my klon dose just about exactly yours.

But then I have the 4 mg diazepam...  and something to sleep.  So you are doing better than I am.

I have never been stable in 1 year!!  How about you?

Hi to everyone here.

Hi Everyone!!!  I'm gearing myself up for my next cut.  I've been holding here since August.  :o  I think I am going to cut this Sunday.

The million $$$ question, how much to reduce my dosage.  :laugh:  I think I am going to reduce it only .005mg.  That would make me need like 24 cuts to get to the end.  I need little ones at this point.  I already feel so fragile and I've been holding for over four months now.

Hi everyone. Yay I am so glad there are a few of us in the same boat. I am typing this on my phone so can’t reply to everyone but I’ll say that I too am going super slow and honoring my body. I’ve actually felt more clear headed and stable than I have since I started all of this which has me wonder if I’m healing or if it’s the super slow pace and long holds actually paying off? I don’t have an idea of when I’ll walk off only that I have anxiety about it because I’m nervous that’s when all hell will break loose. I’ve seen so many stories of bad sxs after stopping completely. That may be partially why I’m going so slow now there may be a psychological dependency. And, I’m committed to seeing this through. I imagine a few more months.

I did take Seroquel 12.5 last night because the night before I only slept 2 hours and felt o was on speed all night and the next day. I know that was a sxs of the tiny cut I made last week. I did sleep through the night last night thank god.

Are people working? What are ways y’all are coping through this?

Glad we are forming a group!

WW

Alright well, I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday now, and my husband has a stressful interview, so I'm am thinking to put off cutting another week or half week.  Though part of me thinks if it is only .005mg, it won't really make a difference?  I'm not sure what I am going to do.

Hi everyone

Not sure how many people here qualify but even if there are just a few of us hopefully we can support each other to the finish line.

I’d love to know what dose you are at and your taper method and maybe what plans you have for the finish. Jumping off or walking off at crumbs?

I’m doing a slow taper with longer holds using a gram scale. Just went down to .05 and change. At this low a dose I feel everything so I’m going slow and also want off. I am really learning patience.

Hi Wonderwoman23,

Great idea!  Can I join the group?  I will be at .125 next weekend.  I am currently taking .125 2xday.  I would love to have the support and hopefully offer support as well to the group.

Congratulations on your taper!  Well done!

Hi everyone. Yay I am so glad there are a few of us in the same boat. I am typing this on my phone so can’t reply to everyone but I’ll say that I too am going super slow and honoring my body. I’ve actually felt more clear headed and stable than I have since I started all of this which has me wonder if I’m healing or if it’s the super slow pace and long holds actually paying off? I don’t have an idea of when I’ll walk off only that I have anxiety about it because I’m nervous that’s when all hell will break loose. I’ve seen so many stories of bad sxs after stopping completely. That may be partially why I’m going so slow now there may be a psychological dependency. And, I’m committed to seeing this through. I imagine a few more months.

I did take Seroquel 12.5 last night because the night before I only slept 2 hours and felt o was on speed all night and the next day. I know that was a sxs of the tiny cut I made last week. I did sleep through the night last night thank god.

Are people working? What are ways y’all are coping through this?

Glad we are forming a group!

WW

Hey WW, that's the reason I am tapering so slow.  I'm hoping that I will walk off without the horror stories of acute, having experienced much worse symptoms on a prior rapid-taper. 

I've had symptoms daily throughout this taper and my coping strategies are probably pretty similar to most of the advice given on here. 

To cope I take a lot of baths because my nerve symptoms are horrendous.  The baths seems to lessen the intensity.  I read something about the heat confusing the nerves.  Sometimes I'm in the bath twice a day, an hour at a time.  When I have energy I try to tackle manageable house tasks that don't require too much concentration but make me feel productive.  I work in spurts because my energy gets low.  I do yoga and I meditate and I walk when I can.  I've watched quite a few TV series, which is funny because I'm not big TV person, but sometimes it's the only thing that will distract me from symptoms.  I listen to a lot of podcasts.  Sometimes reading is difficult and my vision is blurry so listening to interesting content is a nice distraction.

I do not work full-time.  I resigned from my teaching job a couple years back because I was always getting sick...didn't know I was in tolerance withdrawal.  I now work part-time in the schools but am completely in control of my schedule so if I'm in a wave, I don't work.  There is absolutely no way I could have continued on teaching full-time with these symptoms.  I am a mother so a lot of my time is spent taking care of my girls.

I'd love to hear what everyone else does to cope.

GreenCup-You've held so long.  If you anticipate upcoming stress, I don't think it would hurt to hold until that stress passes. I understand the dilemma. 

Welcome new people to the group! My 2 cents on holding during stressful times is yes do it. Holding has been very beneficial for me and I’m holding at .05 1/2 (tiny percentages now) until I’m done a three day training next week. Even a tiny cut will effect me even if it’s just the amount of sleep I’m getting and a sleep deficit won’t do during a long training. If your body feels like holding especially since we are all so low now it seems okay but that’s just my take.

I’ve been able to work since 2 months into my taper when I slowed down and made smaller cuts. I think my work has been a HUGE blessing because it’s such a distraction. I am a clinician in private practice so I make my own schedule and just see a few clients a day. I wouldn’t want to do a 9-5 job or have a boss during this experience work for me needs to be on my own terms just like everything else in withdrawal. I’ve been on the stable side of the fence for a few weeks and am hoping this lasts a little longer. I still have sxs but I’m functioning without too much drama which is a nice respite. I’m also a mom and thankfully my kid is old enough to be compassionate and he’s getting a good lesson how to deal with anxiety unmedicated.

For coping I knit a lot, walk a lot, work as much as possible, I’m in 12 step recovery so I go to 3-4 meetings a week and work with my sponsor. I’m in a DBT group once a week and have CBT Therapy once a week. I also listen to Ted Talks on neuroplasticity and neurogenesis and other talks on YouTube on research around the placebo and nocebo effects. I’m super into positive affirmations and positive thinking. Almost all of the things I’ve listed other than 12 step recovery and work are new to me since this taper. I’ve learned so much about self care it’s kind of ridiculous!

Would love to hear more about everyone here.

Hope y’all are resting well tonight.

WW

Ah well, I'm throwing caution to the wind a tiny bit and doing a little cut.  I'm going form .125mg to .120mg, so my thinking is that this really shouldn't even affect me, and if and when it does, it will probably be Thursday, which is after my stressful things day, on Wednesday.  Fingers crossed!!! 

Hey greencup here’s to an easy and sxs free tiny cut. And even on Thursday here’s to feeling great. Good job on easing down and being steady.

:thumbsup:

Alright so here I am, fours days later, and omg, I am having some nasty migraines.  It's time for my period to start, so I think that is definitely why.  I'm not sure if the .005mg cut has anything to do with it or not.  All the stressful things of yesterday came and went and I actually lost my appetite for most of the day and even with gorging on Chinese food last night, managed to lose a pound this morning.  All things considered, not too bad for a cut.  :laugh:

So far so good.  I am having a lot of negative emotions today.  I think it is anxiety, which for me, turns quickly to anger and such.  Though, it is not as bad as December.  I think.  Fingers crossed this doesn't get worse.

Well it did get a little worse.  Yesterday I was very very angry before my dentist appointment.  I used techniques I just learned in my anger management book with replacing my anger provoking thought with a more positive thought and that seemed to work.  According to my anger management book, I react to things as if I had a life threatening traumatic incident.  I was in a car accident when I was 15 years old, so I do wonder if that could be it?  I really feel like this is all just related to withdrawal though. 

GreenCup, my theory is that it's all related to withdrawal.  The coping mechanisms we are developing to deal with difficult emotions throughout this long process are beneficial both now and after withdrawal.  If I had known how to effectively use techniques that address uncomfortable emotions prior to this whole ordeal, I would have never even considered the medication.  It really sucks sometimes, but I know I am a changed person and that this struggle is a great teacher, not only for myself but for my children.  I can only imagine how awesome my life coping skills will be when I am no longer affected by the medication.

Have you tried tapping, EFT (emotional freedom technique)?  This is my go-to technique for anxiety/anger.  One of the only ways I can calm down almost instantly.

I've been in a wave since before the new year, but I went ahead and cut again yesterday.  I'm having conflicting feelings about the long holds and am going with my intuition on this one.  So confusing.

KristinM- Thanks for the reassurance that it's all withdrawal.  It's just crazy to me that I seem to be having these problems as if something outrageous just happened, meanwhile, it's just stopping a drug I've been taking for years, gradually.  Good Luck on your cut.  I did a similar thing with my last cuts.  I'm not feeling 100%, but I feel good enough to keep going, and that's what counts. 

I did try EFT once before without much luck.  Maybe I'll take a look at it again.

Anyone good at calculating dosages??  I'm on .05 clonopin and want to finish going over to valium, which was the original goal.  I get mixed up with the weighing out of the pills... and it is tough to get the .05 weighted right (scale seems to fluctuate now)... weigh out like .016. 

But to get this to valium, can someone help me out?

Hi everyone. Kristin I totally agree with every word you said that’s my thinking exactly. Everything I’ve had to learn to get through withdrawal is what I wasn’t willing to do before. I was in denial and just popped a pill when I had a ptsd episode instead of doing the hard work I’m doing now like DBT groups and therapy. It’s a hard lesson to learn that a pill isn’t a cure all and that I need t do so much more emotional regulation work and build skills but boy do I know how to do it now! And greencup yes, I agree it’s related to withdrawal often those intense emotions are irritability from coming off the pills. That’s been my experience at least. Barbara, why do you want to cross over to Valium? I’m also at .05 and at .018 grams and it’s a small dose now I don’t think a cross over would be necessary. Is there a reason why you’d not just keep going on the klonopin?

Well I was told being on two benzos worse than being on one and since am just on the .05 klon why not go all to valium?  Do you think that is not a good idea?