Author Topic: Under .125 Klonopin Club  (Read 31930 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Under .125 Klonopin Club
« Reply #960 on: July 31, 2020, 04:40:49 pm »
You are very special. So many times I wanted to post something to let you know my appreciation, but I just didnít [...] the strength, or the presence of mind to do so.

You are doing Godís work. I hope you never stop.

[...] for President!!!! (sure can't hurt) :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #961 on: July 31, 2020, 04:45:22 pm »
You all put a big smile on my family today. :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #962 on: August 01, 2020, 11:03:44 pm »
Something very unexpected, and wonderful, happened to me today.

I had a song stuck in my head, so I told Alexa to play it (ďItís Alright,Ē by Big Head Todd & the Monsters). Not a great song, but a song that was kind of popular in the mid-Ď90s when I was in college, and one that my friends and I always heard at a bar with a stage and live music that we frequented.

When I heard Alexa play it, I experienced a brief feeling of joy. I remembered what it was like to be 19 years old, sitting on a deck outside of a bar in Nashville, TN, drinking beers with my friends on a sunny day, and more importantly, I remembered that I used to feel emotions and feelings, like joy.

Iíve had a medium-difficulty taper, I would guess, certainly nothing Iíd ever want to go through again, but I often forget how bad the last 7 years of my life habe been on Klonopin. I was prescribed 3 mg a day along with 10 mg of Ambien per day, and I donít know how the combination, along with drinking, didnít kill me. Itís almost as if my doctor had been trying to kill me.

Anyway, as rough as this taper has been, Iím grateful for every second of it. I needed it. Iíve grown, and learned lessons that I desperately needed to learn. Life was too easy for me, so I allowed myself to get tied up in a prescription medication that robbed me of my personality, my feelings, and ultimately my personal relationships, and some of my family. It wasnít that I was out of control, or mean; I just stopped caring about everything, except for my work.

Coming down off of this drug, Im realizing that the scariest thing is feeling emotions again, and losing the numbness that I could rely on Klonopin for. But Iím so ready to feel things again.

Last night, I tried to sleep, and couldnít. Restless leg was bad, shortness of breath was bad. So I got up. I walked the dog, read on the internet, watched some TV, took a water pill, then went back to bed, and slept ten hours over and eleven hour span. It was glorious. The diuretic has been helping since my problems with the antibiotic. I donít seem to [...] to use the bathroom a lot afterwards, but it makes my shortness of breath go away.

I hope everybody else is having a great weekend.

[Buddie]

« Reply #963 on: August 02, 2020, 01:46:56 am »
Hi [...],

I am so happy for you.  That is wonderful.  Nothing like recalling day of youth but in particular, if you get a window out of our benzo withdrawal, so much the better.

One more thing.  About restless legs.  Taking extra iron seems to help but even more helpful is this.  As soon as the restless legs happen, get out of bed, sit in the bathtub, turn the water on as hot as you can stand it, once the water covers your legs, wait for a couple of minutes and your done.  Restless legs are gone for the night.  You could also soak in the tub to relax but you really just need to dilate your leg's vascular system (my take on it).

Bob

[Buddie]

« Reply #964 on: August 02, 2020, 04:06:19 pm »
The hot water trick worked perfectly! The buzzing quit in my legs, and I was able to go right to sleep, without really working at it, for the first time in over a month.

Thank you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #965 on: August 03, 2020, 04:04:24 am »
I am glad you tried it.  It works for my restless legs too, every time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #966 on: August 03, 2020, 07:03:38 pm »
[...],

I agree 100%: Bob for Prez. It would be nice to [...] someone in office who believes in science, if nothing else.

It looks like you may be winding down your taper at around the same time I am. How are you feeling? What are your s/x. I read that youíve been on a long journey with your taper. That has to give you a sense of accomplishment and pride in a job well done. What are your plans to reach zero Benzo?

I plan on stepping off at some point this month. Things could change, though, and I would be fine with that.

[Buddie]

« Reply #967 on: August 05, 2020, 12:05:59 am »
Dropped down to .0265 mg today. Almost at the equivalent of .5 mg Valium.

For the first time, I crushed up a pill, weighed out the powder, and ate the powder. It was definitely different. I donít think I like it. It almost makes me feel ďhigh.Ē

[Buddie]

« Reply #968 on: August 05, 2020, 12:38:06 am »
Oh the things we endure to get off this drug.
You are doing well.
Keep it up.

[Buddie]

« Reply #969 on: August 05, 2020, 03:04:34 pm »
[...],

I agree 100%: Bob for Prez. It would be nice to [...] someone in office who believes in science, if nothing else.

It looks like you may be winding down your taper at around the same time I am. How are you feeling? What are your s/x. I read that youíve been on a long journey with your taper. That has to give you a sense of accomplishment and pride in a job well done. What are your plans to reach zero Benzo?

I plan on stepping off at some point this month. Things could change, though, and I would be fine with that.

Well, I'm definitely better than I've been in recent years. The sleep thing (or non-sleep thing) is still a huge challenge and, as you know, it affects all the areas of life. I'm at a super low k dose, so I can't understand why it's still as big of a challenge as it is. The full-time working hours [...] also been a really big issue. I get paid peanuts (a hospitality area on southeast coast, Hilton Head), but I had to go to full-time over a year ago to help with financial issues. Very little sleep at night combined with a fairly long commute to a sitting job has been rough. I used to run marathons and ultramarathons which was great for anxiety challenges, but that went away after a couple of bad car accidents and two surgeries on my back. So, sitting is rough. The taper has made it tough as far as recovering from excessive exercise (which I've always loved), so I had to really drop back on my exercise during this taper since it takes me so long to recover after exercise that's too aggressive. GI issues can still be a problem, but I'm ever so much better in that department. Obviously, 26 years of putting k in my body has made me so mega-sensitive to just about everything, so I've had to taper super slowly and over a long time period. That's why I'll probably get to a much smaller dose before I jump. My tiny cuts are still felt fairly strongly at this point, so I'll continue on down to where my heart tells me to go for it. That'll be an awesome day :) . All in all I'm really grateful for how I feel and I'm glad to still be alive to experience it. It's an attitude, so I try to take things an hour at a time. Something really good could be just around the corner :) .

You're jumping this month? Celebrate THAT!! I'm hoping to be off in several months, so we'll [...] to party together. What are your symptoms at this point?

Hugs to you!

[...]