Author Topic: Under .125 Klonopin Club  (Read 35455 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Under .125 Klonopin Club
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 03:36:32 pm »
[...], my theory is that it's all related to withdrawal.  The coping mechanisms we are developing to deal with difficult emotions throughout this long process are beneficial both now and after withdrawal.  If I had known how to effectively use techniques that address uncomfortable emotions prior to this whole ordeal, I would [...] never even considered the medication.  It really sucks sometimes, but I know I am a changed person and that this struggle is a great teacher, not only for myself but for my children.  I can only imagine how awesome my life coping skills will be when I am no longer affected by the medication.

[...] you tried tapping, EFT (emotional freedom technique)?  This is my go-to technique for anxiety/anger.  One of the only ways I can calm down almost instantly.

I've been in a wave since before the new year, but I went ahead and cut again yesterday.  I'm having conflicting feelings about the long holds and am going with my intuition on this one.  So confusing.

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 04:50:42 pm »
[...]- Thanks for the reassurance that it's all withdrawal.  It's just crazy to me that I seem to be having these problems as if something outrageous just happened, meanwhile, it's just stopping a drug I've been taking for years, gradually.  Good Luck on your cut.  I did a similar thing with my last cuts.  I'm not feeling 100%, but I feel good enough to keep going, and that's what counts. 

I did try EFT once before without much luck.  Maybe I'll take a look at it again.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 09:20:34 am »
Anyone good at calculating dosages??  I'm on .05 clonopin and want to finish going over to valium, which was the original goal.  I get mixed up with the weighing out of the pills... and it is tough to get the .05 weighted right (scale seems to fluctuate now)... weigh out like .016.   

But to get this to valium, can someone help me out?

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 07:13:58 am »
Hi everyone. Kristin I totally agree with every word you said thatís my thinking exactly. Everything Iíve had to learn to get through withdrawal is what I wasnít willing to do before. I was in denial and just popped a pill when I had a ptsd episode instead of doing the hard work Iím doing now like DBT groups and therapy. Itís a hard lesson to learn that a pill isnít a cure all and that I need t do so much more emotional regulation work and build skills but boy do I know how to do it now! And [...] yes, I agree itís related to withdrawal often those intense emotions are irritability from coming off the pills. Thatís been my experience at least. [...], why do you want to cross over to Valium? Iím also at .05 and at .018 grams and itís a small dose now I donít think a cross over would be necessary. Is there a reason why youíd not just keep going on the klonopin?

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 08:21:19 am »
Well I was told being on two benzos worse than being on one and since am just on the .05 klon why not go all to valium?  Do you think that is not a good idea?

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 04:47:58 pm »
[...]-  I wish you a smooth finish to crossing over fully to valium.  I've seen you ask for math help with this and I don't fully understand it so I hope you get your help.  :D

So, I'm here a week now at .115mg a day.   am going to cut another .005mg tonight and go to .110mg.  Small but steady wins the race.  I'm a bit frustrated that even at this rate, .005mg a week, it will take me 23 weeks to finish this taper.  And, as we all know, these tapers always seem to take longer than any schedule we [...] made up. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 02:12:02 pm »
[...],

yes think I got answer on dosages.  Thanks.

Also yes, it takes forever!  These are such miniscule dosages.

SHEESH!

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2018, 05:41:06 am »
Hi [...], oops I didnít see your signature and didnít realize you are also on the Valium. I [...] no recommendations one way or the other everyone is so so different. Do what feels right for You itís always worth it to try. [...] way to go on slow and steady. I can relate to the impatience and I see so many people who jumped or did a CT being sick for years so I think we will be thankful for the pace in the long run (fingers crossed). I cut my dose .001 grams too small tonight but I decided what the heck and just went with it so Iím now down to .046. My ďplanĒ is to slide off at .025 so Iím close. I do [...] some sxs today for the first time in awhile. Just a bit of the benzo flu stuff but minor. I actually hope itís benzo flu and not the flu!! I can work with the benzo stuff but a real flu would put me in bed and I donít want that. The insomnia I was dealing with seemed to be hormone related. I had so many crazy hormone issues for over a month. Either benzo related or perimenopause or both but it seems to [...] passed for now. Howís everyone else?

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2018, 06:35:01 pm »
I'm having a ton of anxiety today.  Ugh...

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2018, 05:52:45 am »
Hi everyone trying to keep this thread going. How are people doing?