Author Topic: Under .125 Klonopin Club  (Read 43441 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Under .125 Klonopin Club
« Reply #1120 on: September 16, 2021, 09:13:22 pm »
Wise words [...]. I hit my wall now at .121 mg. Skin is on fire and my head and cns are super amped up. I [...] been holding for about a week as I believe my micro dry cuts [...] caught up with me. Holding for another week for hopefully reprieve and then shooting for liquid titration.

Seeking
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1121 on: September 17, 2021, 12:58:13 pm »
Wise words [...]. I hit my wall now at .121 mg. Skin is on fire and my head and cns are super amped up. I [...] been holding for about a week as I believe my micro dry cuts [...] caught up with me. Holding for another week for hopefully reprieve and then shooting for liquid titration.

Seeking

Liquid saved my butt. Being able to do mega-tiny cuts at any amount you want is priceless and gives great control over the situation. Next!!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1122 on: September 18, 2021, 04:25:31 pm »
Hello fellow Klonopin buddies,

I was prescribed 0.5 Rivotril (Clonazepam, same drug different name) for ~5 month now + Escitalopram 1/2 from a dose each night.
I started a harsh taper, in about 3 weeks from 0.5 to 0.3 and not doing so well now. Prolonged anxiety till the day, mid / medium depression, dizziness, mild headaches, mild blurred vision.

I tried to follow this schedule first :

Week   My dose   My Weight (grams)
   0.5           0.15
1   0.475   0.1425
2   0.45           0.135
3   0.425   0.1275
4   0.4           0.12
5   0.375   0.1125
6   0.35           0.105
7   0.325   0.0975
8   0.3           0.09
9   0.275   0.0825
10   0.25           0.075
11   0.225   0.0675
12   0.2           0.06
13   0.175   0.0525
14   0.15           0.045
15   0.125   0.0375
16   0.1           0.03
17   0.075   0.0225
18   0.05           0.015
19   0.025   0.0075
20   0           0

As I thought that being just 5 months under this horrible poison, I can go faster, never been more wrong.  :'(
Instead of going a chill 8 weeks from 0.5  to 0.3 I did it in 3 weeks and now I need to hold to stabilize. Took also 2 weeks of holiday to recover.
I will try to listen to my body and not rush this, as this is very important to further recovery when the drug is finally out as far as I seen everyone is saying in the forum.

Cheers :X

[Buddie]

« Reply #1123 on: September 20, 2021, 01:32:54 pm »
Hello fellow Klonopin buddies,

I was prescribed 0.5 Rivotril (Clonazepam, same drug different name) for ~5 month now + Escitalopram 1/2 from a dose each night.
I started a harsh taper, in about 3 weeks from 0.5 to 0.3 and not doing so well now. Prolonged anxiety till the day, mid / medium depression, dizziness, mild headaches, mild blurred vision.

I tried to follow this schedule first :

Week   My dose   My Weight (grams)
   0.5           0.15
1   0.475   0.1425
2   0.45           0.135
3   0.425   0.1275
4   0.4           0.12
5   0.375   0.1125
6   0.35           0.105
7   0.325   0.0975
8   0.3           0.09
9   0.275   0.0825
10   0.25           0.075
11   0.225   0.0675
12   0.2           0.06
13   0.175   0.0525
14   0.15           0.045
15   0.125   0.0375
16   0.1           0.03
17   0.075   0.0225
18   0.05           0.015
19   0.025   0.0075
20   0           0

As I thought that being just 5 months under this horrible poison, I can go faster, never been more wrong.  :'(
Instead of going a chill 8 weeks from 0.5  to 0.3 I did it in 3 weeks and now I need to hold to stabilize. Took also 2 weeks of holiday to recover.
I will try to listen to my body and not rush this, as this is very important to further recovery when the drug is finally out as far as I seen everyone is saying in the forum.

Cheers :X

Like it's been said here many times, "heal faster than you taper". We've all learned a powerful lesson. Our best to you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #1124 on: September 22, 2021, 11:23:41 pm »
Hello K people.
I am going to try to transition to V to finish out my taper.
Pretty scared, but hopeful 👍🏻

Hoping the floaty boaty feelings get better when Iím off K.
Skurrd.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1125 on: September 23, 2021, 05:43:29 pm »
Hey folks,

It's been 26 days since I finished my slow taper and ditched Klonopin forever! As I approach the 1-month point, I thought I'd tell you about my experiences in this early stage of WD.

• I've had basically the same physical symptoms for months, in particular since I hit the 0.125 mark. Nothing new has popped up since coming off. SLEEP is the arbiter of all things -- if I get a decent night's sleep (say 5 - 6 hours), then my physical symptoms during the day are easy to ignore. If I'm in that horrible 0 - 3 hour zone for sleep, I feel my physical symptoms far more. There's not much of a pattern to my insomnia, except that if I [...] about 3 bad nights in a row, I'll probably [...] better sleep on the 4th night. But overall there's nothing I do or don't do during the day that has impacted my sleep greatly.
  • I've kept to a restricted diet of mostly whole foods, no gluten, and no soy. Occasional caffeine (i.e. one-third cup of coffee in the morning). No alcohol. Exercise nearly every day: a long walk and some weight-bearing floor exercise.
  • I was focusing so much on whether I'd [...] new or increased physical symptoms that I neglected keeping an eye on mental symptoms. The ones I've been having really snuck up on me; they're more like (temporary) personality changes. I had read that a lot of people deal with increased social anxiety after benzos. For me it has been the opposite: I [...] been seeking out social experiences, dealing with a terrible lack of filter, and experiencing an intense need for validation from others. All of this combined with a HUGE boost in my overall energy and motivation has been... weird. It's led to things like writing 20 short stories within a few weeks and sending them out to literary journals, and then having to deal with the huge barrage of rejections (and 2 acceptances, so that's something), which hit me MUCH harder than when I used to submit my fiction pre-withdrawal. Also, I was overcome with waves of nostalgia for ex-friends and ex-romantic partners I no longer know, and there were several nights of poor sleep that I spent writing and sending emails to some of those people, which were received, uh, poorly, to say the least. Truly, and I say this from a place of DEEP embarrassment and REGRET, please be gentle with yourself and avoid putting yourself back into emotional / volatile situations with people who were perhaps not kind to your heart in the first place. I guess that's just good life advice, but it goes double in benzo WD.
  • I do feel like I can get control of the above mental symptoms, but I think it will take some time and therapy. Unfortunately even finding a therapist has been really fraught with emotion, as the therapists in my area [...] full client lists. Contacting therapists' offices has been yet another exercise in dealing with rejection. But I'm trying to be persistent.
  • I haven't taken any new supplements. Pre-jump, I was taking a probiotic and a women's vitamin / hormone aid. I was also taking 500mg magnesium, which I ditched, and it has not seemed to [...] made any difference either way. I've considered trying CBD to help with sleep but I figured I would get farther out before I tried that.

That's all I can think of for now. Happy to answer questions. Sending good thoughts to all of you in the later stages of your tapers.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1126 on: September 26, 2021, 01:00:49 pm »
Thanks [...].

I look forward to the day I am done with this poison. I just recently switched to milk titration and am shooting for 0.001 mg daily reduction. Currently at 0.118 mg.

Do/did you notice your tinnitus being louder when your w/d symptoms were worse?

thx seeking.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1127 on: September 27, 2021, 01:56:34 am »
Thanks [...].

I look forward to the day I am done with this poison. I just recently switched to milk titration and am shooting for 0.001 mg daily reduction. Currently at 0.118 mg.

thx seeking.

Hey seeking,

I've been trying to look for patterns in my tinnitus lately. I think the main one I've found is that more stimulation leads to louder tinnitus for me. Like today I was out of the house for most of the day, busy, did some socializing, and when I came home I was more bothered by my tinnitus than usual.

You're so close to being done! Best of luck as you continue your taper.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1128 on: September 27, 2021, 04:39:27 pm »
Thanks [...].

thx seeking.

Hey seeking,

I've been trying to look for patterns in my tinnitus lately. I think the main one I've found is that more stimulation leads to louder tinnitus for me. Like today I was out of the house for most of the day, busy, did some socializing, and when I came home I was more bothered by my tinnitus than usual.

You're so close to being done! Best of luck as you continue your taper.

I think itís related to fatigue because when I get too much visual stimulation I get dizzy and nauseous and even more tired